Effective 2/25/2018, you need at least 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extras

My 25 point April AKV waitlist came through yesterday afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting. My guide indicated that she's got a lot of people in that boat and not many seem totbe coming through.

Congrats!!! When did you go on the list? Right at the announcement?

Congrats!!! When did you go on the list? Right at the announcement?

I told the whole story in a bit more detail earlier in the thread, but basically, I called in on the day that the announcement happened. However, my resale contract info had not yet gone through as I had just closed three days before the annoucement. So, I wasn't officially on a waitlist until 2/18 or so when my registration actually went through.

I told the whole story in a bit more detail earlier in the thread, but basically, I called in on the day that the announcement happened. However, my resale contract info had not yet gone through as I had just closed three days before the annoucement. So, I wasn't officially on a waitlist until 2/18 or so when my registration actually went through.

Thank you!

OH MY GOODNESS! I just saw this because I have been out of the loop on DVC news. I am so happy I purchased my 25 point add on last month. I rushed to purchase it once I heard about the cost increase and was waitlisted. They became available right before the price increase (SSR, September UY).

My husband did not understand why I needed to buy the direct add on now, and I told him I was worried Disney was up to something. Low and behold my gut feeling was right! I hope you all get your add on's!

Disney is getting very greedy with this whole thing. They increased prices and now they are increasing the minimum amount of direct points. It's just insane.
I don't understand the negative comments. Why would one be upset thy are trying to do what is their goal, to maximize sales/profits and to sell retail.

SO I decided to call my guide yet again just to see if I might have any luck. He response yet again was to push CC and Aulani. When I told him thanks but no thanks he said I would be pretty much out of luck since everything ends tomorrow and he is off. Oh well...all I can say is there is NO WAY I am buying CC or Aulani so I will just be the outcast member and move on!

SO I decided to call my guide yet again just to see if I might have any luck. He response yet again was to push CC and Aulani. When I told him thanks but no thanks he said I would be pretty much out of luck since everything ends tomorrow and he is off. Oh well...all I can say is there is NO WAY I am buying CC or Aulani so I will just be the outcast member and move on!

Maybe you'll love Riviera and decide to buy in there. If not, just become good friends with direct members to get access to MM events. Buying them a drink is a lot less expensive than 75 points at a resort you don't want.

What resort(s) and UY were you looking for. I’m going to touch base with my guide later today. I need a September UY.

Payment went through today and my 25 points at AKV for April use year have appeared in my account. My blue card has appeared, and I was also able to have member services manually bank the 25 2017 points forward. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Sometimes it happens!

Payment went through today and my 25 points at AKV for April use year have appeared in my account. My blue card has appeared, and I was also able to have member services manually bank the 25 2017 points forward. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Sometimes it happens!

Mine went through as well for BRV, August use year!

I am waiting on an Aug UY. The contract has to be signed by tomorrow. I currently have the benefits prior to the April 2016 change (3 separate resale contracts). I wanted the 25 points as insurance. IMO this is the first step in taking the benefits away from everyone that does not have a minimum of 25 points purchased direct. The next step will be to take away benefits unless you have a minimum of 75 points direct.

I hope a miracle happens and my wait list fills by tomorrow, however, I am not very hopeful.

I am waiting on an Aug UY. The contract has to be signed by tomorrow. I currently have the benefits prior to the April 2016 change (3 separate resale contracts). I wanted the 25 points as insurance. IMO this is the first step in taking the benefits away from everyone that does not have a minimum of 25 points purchased direct. The next step will be to take away benefits unless you have a minimum of 75 points direct.

I hope a miracle happens and my wait list fills by tomorrow, however, I am not very hopeful.

I significantly doubt they will ever take away the extras from anyone that was grandfathered in. Tiers for additional new benefits could definitely happen though.

I hope everyone got what they wanted. I called for 25 direct Sep UY AKV my guide was on vacation so I got another one. I called 3 days before we knew about the changes. The guide put me on a waitlist and could see what number I was on the list. They came through Feb.12. Credit card charge didn’t show until the next day but points were in the system that day. Got package by Fedex 2 days later.

Maybe you'll love Riviera and decide to buy in there. If not, just become good friends with dir!!!ect members to get access to MM events. Buying them a drink is a lot less expensive than 75 points at a resort you don't want.
My family of 4 (Me, wife and 23 yo and 17 yo daughters) will be there for the July Epcot MM — should anyone be so kind we would be so appreciative!!!

Got our 50pts this morning. SSR Feb UY. We are waiting for our 150 pt resale contract to close as we just passed ROFR last Friday. We were going to add on as soon as we closed so the additonal 50 vs 25 pts was not that much of a difference to deter us. We had planned all along to rent out a portion of our resale contract as it comes with 300 banked points that we don’t need to pay for the add on. So now we will be the owners of 200pts vs 175 which was our original plan. The only perk we are really considering is the Gold annual pass as we plan on making more than one trip in a year and we are 3 adults and that is substantial enough for us to have made the additional purchase before the cutoff on the 25th. Was on waitilist for 2 weeks before these 50 pts came through. Good luck all those that are still waiting

Has anyone received good news this afternoon?

It sounds like the good news train has finally come to a halt. I'm sorry to hear about those who were not able to get in before the deadline hit. As has been mentioned, the direct sales perks really aren't all that much compared to what you get buying resale at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!