ECV with a canopy

ascardino

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has info re: renting an ECV with a canopy?

When my family and I were at the BCV last April, we saw a woman who had rented an ECV from an off site company and it had a canopy similar to the ones you see when you rent bicycles for four.

Thanks!

Does anyone know?

I remember reading a while back that at least one of the companies that was renting ECVs with canopies had stopped because they were getting damaged too often.
I don't know what company it was and I also don't know if any companies are renting them?????

Not from experience (yet) but rather by reading: Randy's Mobility will rent you a canopy for $15 for the length of your rental, and Scooterama charges $5 per day.

Do the scooters with the canopies cause any problems getting on a bus?
Just wondering if there are any height restrictions where it might get caught on something when boarding a bus?

Another question. Anyone know if there ability to gain acess to a ride/show would be restricted with the canopy on? I'm guessing in any show you'd have to be in the back row or your canopy would be blocking a view behind you. I know most of the scooter seating is in the rear, just wondering if anyone has seen a problem with the canopies?

I saw the canopy scooters and thought they would have been awesome to have in the hot sun... but wondering about the above issues?
Thanks,
connie

All good points, thanks Connie. I hadn't even thought of them.

I really only planned to use it to get around an minimize the walking. I am 7 months pregnant with back problems and too much walking (or sitting) aggravates things. I figured the canopy would be good just because of the sun factor and once at a show or attraction, I would get out and walk into the queue.

I haven't had a chance to check the two companies mentioned in a previous post, but maybe the canopy is removable??

AA Tourist Rentals rent scooters with a canopy. We have used them every time ( 5 so far). They deliver to and pick up at your resort. They are "GREAT". Tel # 800-941-4662

See http://www.orlandoscooterrentals.com/

Prices good too! Canopy is removable for buses and they also give you a water bottle mister.

Hope this helps?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter