ECV Rental

IamCanadian

<font color=blue>Is lurking no more!
Does Waker and Care weekly rates go Strickly by the 24 hour clock.
Planning on renting an ECV on our next trip.Flight arrives Saturday
morning and does not depart until Saturday evening a week later.
I would need the ECV for an extra ½ day.
Would the weekly rate aply or would I need to book an extra day.
Thanks

I would call Walker Mobility directly & discuss your time frame. From my experience I know they will work with guests.

I tell them the days that I want the ECV. They make sure that it is there when I need it (e.g., they drop it off before I need it and pick it up after I have left). They do ask exactly when you are coming and leaving. They charge for the days that I am actually using it, they do not take the fact that they may drop it off/pick it up on a different day into account. With respect to a partial day, I would call and ask. They are very nice. I tend not to use the ECV on the last day bc our flights tend to be pretty early, but I know that I have arrived Saturday afternoon with a scooter rental starting for Sunday and they have know when I was arriving and had it there w/o charging me extra for the partial day. But I don't know if they do this automatically -- I really would call with your travel plans and have them price it out. Randy's is a bit less expensive but you have to be there for pickup/dropoff. I have used Walker repeatedly and have been very very happy with them.

:wave: Cupcake

When I used Walker, if I arrived in the morning the ECV would have arrived the night before and be waiting for me. Since I would have use of it for the entire afternoon and evening I would get charged for the entire day.

With a late afternoon flight out, expecting to check out of the hotel in the early afternoon they would only charge me for a half day.

In your situation you would get the $199 weekly rate for Saturday morning through Friday night. Then you would get a charge of about $12.50 for the half day on the second Saturday, with the lowered rate for more than a one week rental.

i rented from walker from 4 pm on a thursday to 1 pm monday in january and they charged me for 3 1/2 days ($105). don't know how they came to that, but i was pretty happy with the price, since i actually had use of their scooter on 5 days. if i had rented in the parks for the same time frame, assuming they'd be available, it would have cost $150. i also paid an extra $10 total (not per day) to have an additional battery charger so i would not have to take the scooter out of my trunk at night, and could just bring the batteries into the room to charge them.

dj

I'm trying to decide if I should rent a car at the airport because I'm afraid the busses will be too uncomfortable for me to ride on. Do you have trouble getting your ecv in your trunk? Do you rent a car or is it your own car that you drive? Do you know if the busses are uncomfortable or bumpy? I have fibromyalgai and a neck problem and usually only ride in my own town car but we will have to fly there.
Thanks, lene

There should be no problem as long as the car's trunk is large enough. Here are four examples:

My own car is a 97 Taurus 4 Door Sedan. My ECV can fit (completely but snugly) in the trunk. To make it easier I normally will put the ECV seat on the rear seat of the car.

When renting, the same ECV will fit (again, snugly) in the trunk of a Buick Century.

When I have rented a Buick Le Sabre it was easier to get the ECV into the trunk.

Renting a Buick Park Avenue, not only was there room for the ECV, but for lots of other items if needed.

In relation to this. If you are going to be at one of the Deluxe hotels the valets will assist you in loading/unloading the ECV as well as disassembly/assembly. Some of the more experienced valets are quite good at it. Normally there is a $6.00 per day valet parking fee; this is waived if you have a handicap hang tag. If you do not have a handicap tag, they generally will still waive the fee but will grumble at you. Note that the valets are tip positions and they do not get a commission on the valet fee (it is all gray for Disney). I will normally tip $2.00 both in and out if my ECV is not involved. If they take care of the ECV I will usually tip $5.00 both in and out. If they do not offer to assist with the ECV (and kind of ignore me), not only will I not tip, but I will discuss the matter with a supervisor.

You have set my mind at ease!! I wanted to rent a car, I usually get a Lincoln Town Car because I need a smooth ride because of my neck problems and they have a big trunk. Do you find the Ecv's to have a relatively smooth ride? Do you recommend one kind over another. I talked with Walker and they quoted me a price of $30 a day for a standard ECV.

Thanks for taking the time to write to me.

Lene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter