ECV rental in park and ROTR

eeyoreandtink

DIS Veteran
We are having to shift our trip around a little due to something that came up for DD, and are having to spend 2 nights offsite. To avoid trying to transport my ECV and all our luggage to HS our first day I am thinking I will just have it delivered to our onsite hotel and rent for the first day at HS. The hangup with that is going to be getting a ROTR boarding group. Do you have to be trough the tapstyles to rent, and how long will it take me to secure a rental? If they let peopel in a half hour before the park opens like they have been doing, will ECV rentals be open at that point? I am trying to figure out if it is practical to try to get the scooter and be able to rope drop.

I believe scooter rentals were open half an hour before park opening when we were there on Saturday. The park typically opens (letting people in) by 5:30 or 6 I think (could have been earlier, someone else may know) which is when I think all rentals would open. I would try and get there a few minutes early to account for the time to rent the scooter. You do have to be into the park to get a rental. The park didn’t actually open until 7 but it was super packed by 6:45 when we arrived. Just keep in mind of you’re not in the front of the crowd, the lines typically jump to up to an hour or two within the first few minutes of being open because everyone is trying to get to the rides at fast as possible.

I believe scooter rentals were open half an hour before park opening when we were there on Saturday. The park typically opens (letting people in) by 5:30 or 6 I think (could have been earlier, someone else may know) which is when I think all rentals would open. I would try and get there a few minutes early to account for the time to rent the scooter. You do have to be into the park to get a rental. The park didn’t actually open until 7 but it was super packed by 6:45 when we arrived. Just keep in mind of you’re not in the front of the crowd, the lines typically jump to up to an hour or two within the first few minutes of being open because everyone is trying to get to the rides at fast as possible.
Thanks! We have been doing WDW for 10 years so we know what rope drop typically entails. We plan to get there early, like really early. They have been letting people line up that early, but they haven't been letting people start tapping in until 6:30 for a 7 am opening, so I wasn't sure how that was going to work as far as getting a scooter. No matter how early we are at the gate, if we cannot tap in until 6:30 that is the earliest I can do the rental, right? There is nowhere outside the tapstiles to get a rental, correct? I may have to just send DH and DD ahead to get in line for MFSM and I will ride it later so I can rent the scooter and get us in a boarding group.

Thanks! We have been doing WDW for 10 years so we know what rope drop typically entails. We plan to get there early, like really early. They have been letting people line up that early, but they haven't been letting people start tapping in until 6:30 for a 7 am opening, so I wasn't sure how that was going to work as far as getting a scooter. No matter how early we are at the gate, if we cannot tap in until 6:30 that is the earliest I can do the rental, right? There is nowhere outside the tapstiles to get a rental, correct? I may have to just send DH and DD ahead to get in line for MFSM and I will ride it later so I can rent the scooter and get us in a boarding group.

I see. There is no where to rent scooters outside the parks. You have to tap in and then the scooter rental are on the right.

OP they do have curtesy wheelchair in the parking lot that you can use for the time you have to wait outside the turn style and once inside while you wait for the scooter renter to open ( I think they open once the park opens just like GR opens when the park opens I would think they would let you sit in the cair while you are trying to get your boarding group or someone else in your group can get the boarding group while you get the ECV

OP they do have curtesy wheelchair in the parking lot that you can use for the time you have to wait outside the turn style and once inside while you wait for the scooter renter to open ( I think they open once the park opens just like GR opens when the park opens I would think they would let you sit in the cair while you are trying to get your boarding group or someone else in your group can get the boarding group while you get the ECV
Thanks! This is great info. I will just have to see how I am feeling. I have good days and bad days. On a good day I get about 3 good hours in the morning before I start hurting. I will be able to take the parking lot tram and just sit on the curb or pavement outside the turnstiles to wait. On a bad day I won't be able to do that much walking or get up off the concrete if I got down. If I need it, its good to know it is there.

You may or may not find a courtesy wheelchair near buses or parking lots. There is a limited supply and if there are people ahead of you, they may be all gone.

Thanks! This is great info. I will just have to see how I am feeling. I have good days and bad days. On a good day I get about 3 good hours in the morning before I start hurting. I will be able to take the parking lot tram and just sit on the curb or pavement outside the turnstiles to wait. On a bad day I won't be able to do that much walking or get up off the concrete if I got down. If I need it, its good to know it is there.
if you are having a bad day I have asked to park closer to the front so I did not have to walk that fair and was able to do so.

If you have a disability placard be sure to bring it to get medical parking. I was turned away from getting closer parking because I didn’t have a disability parking but they told me they would put us right next to the tram (ended up being pretty far still and the last row of the parking lot).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts