ECV rental help

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to reserve an ECV for our September trip for my mom. Does anyone had a good recommendation for me? I've been looking at Randy's but wanted to have some feedback on them and any others. Are the ECVs in good condition? I've noticed that they want you to call them once you get to the resort but I prefer to have it waiting for us. I don't want to have to wait for hours for the ECV to show up. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Most people who have used Randy's have been happy but they have two unusual policies.

They require you to be present when the ECV is delivered and picked up, while the other companies will drop the ECV at Bell Services prior to your arrival and pick up up after your departure.

Randy's says you are not to drive the ECVs in the rain. Walker provides a shower cap in a plastic bag that goes over the controls and asks only that you not let the control box get wet.

A lot of people have been very happy with Randy's. One of the reasons that their prices may be lower is because they require someone be there to drop off and pick up. That gives them the opportunity to demonstrate how to use it and answerr questions. It might also translate into lower insurance and damage costs.

Thanks for the replies. Now that you've told me, I don't like the idea of Randy's requiring that you be there for pick up and drop off and of not driving in the rain. It rains quit a bit in Fla and I would have to be caught in a downpour on a Randy's scooter. I don't care how much they cost so it there a better place that doesn't have those requirements? Has anyone had good service with Walkers or another place? Thanks!

We've had good service with walker mobility.
We've done the scooter 2-3 times and the push wheel chair a couple times too!

We were missing the charging cord one time. We called up the number on the scooter, and they had one delivered to the resort that night.

We liked them. They provide a shower cap for the controls for rain. So when it looks like its going to rain, put the shower cap on the controls and your all set and keep on motoring.

Connie

I have used Care Medical and Walkers and would recommend either one.
Have fun at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

I'll be renting an ECV for my mom in Dec and was wondering if anyone had any reviews of Scootaround Inc? I e-mailed them and they said they will deliver and pick up (without us being there) and the cost would be $260.00 for the ten days we would be there.

We used Walker and were very happy with them. The scooter was at OKW when we arrived (plugged in too) and it worked wonderfully.

Thanks all! I've gone with Walkers. I like the rain policy and the pick up and delivery option. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter