ecv question

Yes, you can.

HOWEVER -- At the very least you need something like a shower cap to put over the control box. The motor assemply is sealed and so should not have any problems with puddles but don't try to ford any streams.

What I will do is wear a poncho, flipping the back behind the seat and using the front to make kind of a tent. Usually in warm weather I am wearing shorts and sandals, so if the bottom of my legs and my feet get wet it is not a real problem at all.

I would also be concerned about all the puddles you might be going thru (DD's feet have gotten wet during rain storms) and also be concerned about traction on some of the big hills during heavy rain.

My first electric scooter was a Bruno Cub...great scooter...but it has a chain drive and getting that chain, located around the front wheel sprocket, wet is just asking for problems as the chain will get rusty and brittle, resulting in sudden breaks. Be aware of the underside construction of your ECV. My current scooter, a Sundowner, has had motor/brake assembly problems caused by water getting into the moving parts even though everything looks sealed. As a ten-year scooter user I'd say avoid the rain, stay out of puddles, cover everything with a poncho in a sudden rainstorm and carry a towel to dry off the moving parts. Running the scooter around over a towel laid over a carpet for several minutes helps get the underside dried off as long as you're careful not to get the towel caught up in the wheel mechanism...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter