Ecv or not ?

vanillarum

DIS Veteran
I am a Type 1 diabetic, and have coronary artery disease. Had a quadruple in 1999. Prior to now, neither has stopped me from enjoying WDW. Last year I had terrible burning in my feet (it was August) to the point where I could not walk any further. I have just had another cardiac cath (Oct 22), and am wondering if I will be able to negotiate all the walking with my family for our next trip (hopefully the drs will LET me go) ? I am 60 years old, and have always said that when I needed an ECV, I would stop going to Disney (I'm sure some of my issue is pride). I don't appear physically to need an ECV, so I am a little nervous about that. My DW and children say I should definitely get one. I am still unsure. Too stubborn or too stupid ? I would love to hear what you think. Thank you very much.

Leave your pride in garbage. Why are you wasting your time and telling your self you can't do it any more.

I been renting ECV since 2007. I don't let my pride or whatever somebody says to stop me. I not going to allow anybody from stopping me from having fun. I don't look they I need one either.

As long as I have some mobility I 'am not ready for the rocking chair yet.

Don't you know if you give in to your illnesses that easy they win.

Hopefully your going with family or friends that can assist you.

Another thing I did with my last trip is I asked for a handicap room. It was great with the walk in shower. And you can come and go by yourself because there's a button on the wall which open the door automatically and keep open so you can leave the room unassisted. When you return use your magic to open door and it also remain open for awhile so you drive to ECV in. Other then that the room is the same.

I hope this helps you.

I fought using an ECV for years then one year I couldn't walk any further and gave in after an hour I decided I would never do Disney without one again. It wasn't that it was better just for me it was better for my family they no longer had to wait for me while I sat every 10 minutes and they didn't have to listen to me be in pain all night. Use the ECV it is the best thing I ever did to improve my family's vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter