Ecv newbie

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I have never had any one in my party with one before

What do you leave in the basket and what do you keep in your basket

So I got from another thread I started that water bottles are okay anything else that you keep in your basket

before leaving anything in your basket ask your self am I ok with this walking away or would I be disappointed or would it ruin my vacation. With this said things do get stolen but it probable dose not happen as much as at your local park mall silmply people are too involved in there own vacation to stell, but there are the few and I would hate to leave something that I needed behind and had it stolen

my friend has an ECV and we leave our food in a cooler bag and never had a problem but if it stolen it would not ruin our trip

The basic rule of thumb is to never leave anything that you can't live without. No wallets, phones, electronics, or other items of value. Also don't leave open food (bag of chips, cookies, etc.) as the squirrels may get into it.

You are probably safe leaving water bottles, maybe a sweatshirt or rain poncho. As long as it isn't anything special.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have a backpack and have everything in my backpack. Then, whenever I get off my ECV, I just grab the backpack and take it with me. The only thing I leave is the charger. I never thought of taking that with me.

This is what we do as well.

Just one thing I forgot to mention-when you enter the park security will check the backpack and then put it back in the basket. Twice on my last trip, the handle on my backpack got tangled in the starter, turned the key, and turned off my ECV. And of course, this didn't happen until I'd been riding for a while after the entrance. Dumb me, I was in a panic-"Why did my ECV stop?" until I looked down and saw that the straps were out and around the key. Note to self-check that the entire backpack is IN the basket after security.

I was looking at the scooters and the one that looks the most comfortable is for 500 pounds dh weighs way less then that so my question is would it hurt if I got him that one

It just looks the most comfortable out of all the other scooters and want him to be comfortable I know that sounds trivial

I was looking at the scooters and the one that looks the most comfortable is for 500 pounds dh weighs way less then that so my question is would it hurt if I got him that one

It just looks the most comfortable out of all the other scooters and want him to be comfortable I know that sounds trivial

It doesn't sound trivial at all. You want your DH to be as comfy and happy as possible!

Having said that... remember that often bariatric equipment (generally speaking, items made for people over 300 pounds) will not feel as comfy to a normal sized person. In fact, they could be actually uncomfortable.

This is because those items (especially things like seat cushions, mattresses, or furniture, etc.) are often designed with different types of foam, fabric and fillings to accommodate a person of a larger size; normal size adults may find that to be uncomfortably stiff or firm. Additionally, seat lengths tend to be longer, which means that a normal size person may find that the backs of their knees will not bend so that their feet can reach the floor unless they scoot farther forward on the seat - thereby losing any back support.

Finally, armrests are often uncomfortably far apart for a normal sized person.

Work with the rental company that you chose to use directly to find the best scooter for your DH. They are experts - they rent these out every. single. day. and they know what scooter will fit your needs better than anyone else. Tell them where he hurts/has problems (for example, his back hurts, and he can't lift his feet very far off the ground) and they may ask you his height and/or weight. Be honest with them, and they can then recommend the best scooter for his needs. Be sure to ask them if he finds it uncomfortable, can you swap it for a different style/model.

I promise - use a reputable vendor, be honest about his needs - talk to them on the phone; don't just try to email or chat someone - and they will find you the best possible "fit" for your DH. :)

Be aware of the ECV size measurements when/if looking at larger ECVs. I believe there is at least one out available for rent that is too large to be accommodated on WDW buses and rides and queues. I think you intend to use WDW transportation and are hoping he can remain on his ECV without transferring often, that's why I mention it.

Mamabunny has good advice -- the rental agents know their equipment and what size best suits each individual based on weight. Follow their recommendation.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am assuming if it's a Disney approved vendor the ecv can go on the bus right ?

And I saw one for 275 closer but it's still too big for him do I have to go with a different vendor

Even if it's not "Disney approved" (I'm trusting you mean the featured providers) that just means they can leave your ECV with bell services for you to pick it up. I haven't met an ECV yet, that any company rents to people at WDW that won't go on the buses.

Even if it's not "Disney approved" (I'm trusting you mean the featured providers) that just means they can leave your ECV with bell services for you to pick it up. I haven't met an ECV yet, that any company rents to people at WDW that won't go on the buses.

Thank you that's what I ment

I haven't met an ECV yet, that any company rents to people at WDW that won't go on the buses.

It's the Dream model rented by ScootOrlando (maybe others?) that is to large for buses. And since OP had previously mentioned a scooter for up to 500lbs that looks very comfortable -- well, I don't know what she had seen but this could be it. To go on WDW buses and be considered a mobility aid under ADA guidelines, it must be no larger than 30" x 48". The vast majority is rental ECVs are fine, but there is at least that one which is too big.

It's the Dream model rented by ScootOrlando (maybe others?) that is to large for buses. And since OP had previously mentioned a scooter for up to 500lbs that looks very comfortable -- well, I don't know what she had seen but this could be it. To go on WDW buses and be considered a mobility aid under ADA guidelines, it must be no larger than 30" x 48". The vast majority is rental ECVs are fine, but there is at least that one which is too big.

I well keep that is mind

I hire the Pride 10. It states a weight limit of 400lb - I am nowhere near that, but I continue to hire that model because the battery can be guaranteed to last all day without needing top-ups. I also rent for seat comfort, and the standard one for the Pride is fine for me. However, the last trip they gave me a free 'upgrade' to a Captains Seat which had a higher back with incorporated headrest which meant I could stop and watch shows without having to get into one of the theatre seats (which I actually find too narrow as I'm a bit 'hippy').

I keep drinks in the front basket along with my folding walking stick, and usually rest my handbag in there as well so I can grab my camera for photos when I need. I can then just pick it up out of the basket and take it with me whenever we go onto a ride, for example. I do tend to keep a hold on the shoulder strap while I’m driving, so someone can’t just run past and whip it out and run off with it.

I also have a backpack which hangs over the seat, and in that we keep drinks, snacks, rain ponchos, sun cream, wet wipes, and basically anything which we don't want to lug around with us all day. I have a padlock with a long wire which I can use to anchor the bag to the seat and the wire will also thread through the zip handles meaning I can make it secure.

I totally feel you, I fill the same prescription month after month and my pharmacy always has to order it, its never there the day its suppose to be filled (its on an auto refill status). Its a common drug, so why don't you have it in stock???? I am about to move to someplace else too.

You shouldn't get aggravated with filling a prescription, its not necessary......... If you feel better move on!

The only problem I saw is that they are not Disney approved and they may or not beat us there

Looks like my response to another question you had
came over here......sorry

Originally I wanted to be there when they showed up but with my work schedule and step moms I don't see that as being realistic that's why I have to stick to Disney approved ones I should have updated somewhere sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!