ECV from MK parking lot

mgmgbook

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this info is somewhere on this page but I can't find it. When we park at MK, we have to take either a boat or the monorail to the park, correct? My mom will be on an ECV. Is she restricted to the monorail or can she access the boat too?

The ferry is accessible. The trams, however do not carry ECVs. When you enter the parking area, please ask the CM to direct you to disabled parking. If you do not have a disabled license plate/hang tag, please do not park in an officially-designated disabled space- you may get a ticket. There are other, nondisabled spaces in the lot.

The ferry is accessible. The trams, however do not carry ECVs. When you enter the parking area, please ask the CM to direct you to disabled parking. If you do not have a disabled license plate/hang tag, please do not park in an officially-designated disabled space- you may get a ticket. There are other, nondisabled spaces in the lot.
and, how you can tell the designated disabled parking spots is that they have signs, a wheelchair symbol or blue paint separating the spots.
If you don’t have a handicapped parking permit, avoid those spots.

Many people feel the ferry is actually a better choice with a mobility device than the monorail.
For the ferry, you have a level drive on and off.
The monorail requires driving up a very steep ramp to get on and down a very steep ramp to get off. No elevators at the TTC or MK.

To find more information, follow the link on my signature or look for the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board. One of the posts in that thread is about WDW transportation.

Thank you for the detailed info! My mom has a handicapped parking permit so we are good to go in that respect. I think she would prefer the ferry based on what you have said.

DH uses an Ecv and we usually take the ferry from the handicapped parking. Be aware that the walk is long and up a hill before you get to the ferry. I walk and it is hard for me. I'd rather take the bus from the resort when going to the MK, even with a ECV. DH on the other hand likes me to drive him to the MK parking lot. I usually decide that day what we will do. We have a handicap parking permit.

Thank you for the detailed info! My mom has a handicapped parking permit so we are good to go in that respect. I think she would prefer the ferry based on what you have said.
if you have young kids in your group the walk shoes99 talked about also has cars going to the handicapped parking going by you as you walk and there are no trams to this area. and I agree the ferry is easier with either an ECV/wheelchair or a stroller because of the ramps up and down to the monorail. if you have the ability to uses buses to MK you might want to consider that for MK only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter