ECV batterycharging and locking it up...

compmom

Mouseketeer
Those who bring their own power wheelchairs or ECV or scooters to the parks...

Do you feel the need to lock them or chain them up while you go on some rides or attractions?

Are there places to park the scooter/wheelchair near an outlet to charge them? I can transfer and I can sometimes walk short distances to a chair in a restaurant, so I can leave my scooter to be plugged in and charged, some of the time.

Your input and suggestions would be appreciated. We are going to Disney on 3/28 until 4/5 and are busily planning.

Thanks in advance,

Tina

I never lock mine up. Just take the key with you and you should be just fine. As for charging, you should charge it overnight. I have never run out of battery on my scooter. One thing I suggest is just take the key out while you are sitting at a show or waiting for someone and that should save the life of the battery. If I can be of any other help just let me know.

Have fun

Tony

Most ECVs and wheelchairs ought to have bigenough batteries to do a park, If however, you do run out, just ask a CM to direct you to an outlet. There are almost certainly outlets all over, hidden from public view.

There will be outlets in restaurants for the cleaning staff that you could use while you snack..

Cast Members are there to help. They won't leave a guest stranded!

Andrew

Again, thanks for the input, suggestions and info. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Tina
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter