ECV and parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
We parked in the medical lot (no handicapped tag,its right next to the handicapped lot) and it was close enough for the rest of our party to walk easily, no need to take a tram. So you park in either the handicapped or medical lot and ride while your family walks along with you.

I don't know the history of the previous responses, etc. but for the DAS - if you think it will be difficult for you to explain to the CM at guest services when you get there, then I've seen it suggested that you write down in a letter you can give them the reasons why a DAS would help - not dwelling on the diagnosis part so much as the how they can help you with the DAS to access the attractions. The CM could read this as opposed to you having to say it all when you arrive. If you are not satisfied with the answer the CM gives you for the DAS you can always nicely ask to speak to their supervisor and go from there. I've also found the staff at the MK to be better overall with handling the DAS than the staff elsewhere (Epcot is our other experience - senselessly rude CM there) so I suggest going there.
Love this suggestion, thanks!

Gosh again I’m sorry about the snarky comments. Dis board used to be the friendly/ free from judgement place to ask questions.
So...
Yes there are handicapped parking lots at all of the parks that are set up so you don’t have to take a tram so bring your card. As I said before the longest walk/drive will be at the Magic Kingdom.
There has been a lot of construction at the Studio and handicapped parking has been bad there but @RaySharpton posted that this was changed last week.
Ray does wonderful post with lots of helpful information. Look for Ray’s post in this group
You may want to message him with questions but you have to be a member for awhile and ask a certain amount? of questions before you can do this.
Have a great trip and ignore the mean girls

Thanks!!

I'm not sure what part you don't understand, but I'm assuming you are expecting transport for your ECV from your parking spot? There isn't any, as ECVs have their own motors and are too big and heavy to haul on the parking lot trams. So the best bet is to have the kids walk beside you as you ride on the ECV. If you want to park close to the entrance, get to the parks really early.

Are you the only adult on this trip? How do you get the ECV in and out of your vehicle, if you don't mind me asking - my mom could use an ECV, but she wouldn't be able to get one out of her vehicle by herself. What type do you have?
I haven't seen anyone being angry or judgmental re: the DAS, rather people are just laying out the truth. If you can't explain to a CM, rookie or not, why, other than mobility issues, you can't wait in line like everyone else, then you probably won't get a DAS. The CMs don't (nor should they) care about diagnosis, i.e., mental illness, they care about why having to wait in a line makes it impossible for you to access the attractions.

You didn’t say anything that I didn’t already know and I didn’t ask anything about the DAS...so don’t really need your input. Thanks!

A simple question was asked, a blunt and correct response was given.

I have quoted this from the post "An open letter from SueM:"
If you post "I plan to go to WDW in August and I have xxxxxxxx. What should I do", you will get advice from
-people who have been to WDW with xxxxxxxx and would not go again as long as they have xxxxxxxx
-people who have not been to WDW with xxxxxxx, but have been in August and would not go again
-people who have never been to WDW, but had xxxxxxx, and can't imagine going
-people who have suggestions for dealing with xxxxxxx
-people who have suggestions for dealing with xxxxxxx at WDW

They are giving their opinions. If you don't like them, you don't have to follow them. Some of the people responding may know a great deal about xxxxx, but don't know anything about WDW. So if they don't tell about WDW, they are not trying to keep information away or prevent you from going - they just don't know anything.

But, most are trying to help, not upset. So, take what is helpful to you and assume the other information was given with good intentions, even if you don't feel it was helpful or was what you wanted to hear.

Closing because OP's question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter