ECV and crowds

One thing I do if I'm traveling with an ambulatory person or group of people is decide on where we want go and just say we'll meet there. It's harder to travel when you have people trying to keep up or slow down for you. I just find it easier to move as single person through the crowds.

Most recently went with a friend who was not renting an ECV. We ended up taking turns driving because although I need the ECV to travel long distances, I do need to walk around every so often too.

For us the panic comes from ME when I get separated from my hubby in the scooter, he's my grounding tool and when others push between us he's too short for me to find in the sea of people. I couldn't believe the number of times that other families tried to use HIM as their way to get thru crowds, onto buses, into the Lightening lane looking at that one obnoxious family that wasn't aware that I'm the one with the DAS pass and pushing between us will only slow the system down because all of their taps weren't working because they weren't associated with MY pass and hubby couldn't reach the tap with them crowded between us. The worst was boarding the Monorail, not once, not twice but THREE times other people pushed to either enter the car before him or after him, leaving me on the platform unable to get into the same door. One trip between EPCOT and TTC I was put into an entirely different car and was a basket case, entered the freeze stage of panic but luckily a very gracious CM noticed my stress and rode the trip with me, didn't let anyone else get into the car and made sure none of the others exited the car my hubby was in until she had me safely on the platform so I could see him. We didn't go to Magic Kingdom as planned, I was done for the day after that! We do our best to stick to the right with me keeping a hand on the top left of his scooter or his shoulder, but when it's crowded it becomes too hard.

Another thing to be careful in a EVC … curbs
I was at DL after fireworks and person driving did not see a curb and completely knocked over her cart with her on it . I think that is the reason Disney is removing so many curbs ,etc.

I had teens jumping over my grandchild in a stroller on Main Street after fireworks !
It’s worse than crazy driving in Orlando . I am starting to see very creative but dangerous maneuvering on the roads !
Be really careful everywhere. Please
You must’ve seen my mom! LOL (kidding). When we were at HS a couple years ago, we watched in in horror as my mom went off a curb at an angle and tipped her scotter into her self. She was bleeding from her head, arm, and leg. Most places she will see a painted curb or there is some color difference but not here. She was absolutely mortified. I did write to GS and explained how dangerous this was. Heck, I’ve tripped badly before when I didn’t see a curb and stepped off. Glad you brought up those dang curbs to watch out for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter