ECV and Boardwalk boat transportation

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, I will have an ECV during our stay at the Boardwalk. My question is, am I able to use the boat that goes from the Boardwalk to HS? Thinking it also may go to Epcot, but anyway, that's the boat I am referring to.

Thanks so much for any info on this.
karen

Hi, I will have an ECV during our stay at the Boardwalk. My question is, am I able to use the boat that goes from the Boardwalk to HS? Thinking it also may go to Epcot, but anyway, that's the boat I am referring to.

Thanks so much for any info on this.
karen

Hi, Karen. Yes, you can take the boat.

They usually allow only two wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters. The last time that I used the boats years ago, they made us park inside the cabin in the designated spaces. The boats usually take the same stops in a row from EPCOT to DHS and back again.

From EPCOT it goes to BW then to BC then to Swan/Dolphin and finally to DHS. They return in the same reverse order over and over again.

I hear in late November 2018 to late December 2018 when they work on the new Disney gondolas in the area that they might shut down the boats.

During the busy time of the day, people may board at EPCOT and not get off at BW and you may have to wait for the next boat.

I really like taking the well-lighted sidewalk when leaving DHS back to DW at night. The sidewalks are super wide. I know that the sidewalk is a little sidetracked once you get to the DHS construction of the bus stops, but if want to take your time and enjoy the walk along the canal toward the Swan and BW.

Here is one of Robo's maps:

DHS-Epcot-IG-Fwks_071014_zps62eda25b.jpg

bioreconstruct-3_map_crop-jpg.355526

Last edited:
Agree with what Ray posted.
The boats between the 2 parks are accessible.
We’ve also taken the path many times and enjoy the walk.

Yes, as said, you can take the boat. I did with my ECV just a couple weeks ago. Just so you know, in planning, it goes Epcot, Boardwalk, YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin, DHS, Swan/Dolphin, YC/BC, Boardwalk, Epcot. And although I parked my ECV inside, the boat was un-busy enough when I went, that I sat outside.

We just used the boats to HS from Boardwalk during our stay last week. We were told it can only take 2 scooters at a time. You will need to park the scooter inside (sometimes they will tell you facing the windows and sometimes, they did not care how you parked it. It does often get crowded back there with a lot of strollers and they were making people fold strollers and a lot of those guests were annoyed by that.

Thank you all for the information, this is just what I wanted to know.
So one more question, how long would you say the walk to HS is? I'll be there with my DD, son in law and 3 grandsons. My grandsons are 14, 12 and 10 so well able to walk. Just wondering how long a walk we would be looking at.
Again, thanks to all.

Thank you all for the information, this is just what I wanted to know.
So one more question, how long would you say the walk to HS is? I'll be there with my DD, son in law and 3 grandsons. My grandsons are 14, 12 and 10 so well able to walk. Just wondering how long a walk we would be looking at.
Again, thanks to all.
15-20 minutes. Not sure construction impact if any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter