Economical Solution for the new Princess Cake

Mugglemama

DIS Veteran
i thought some people here might appreciate this little bit of info, seeing as how many of you talk about your daughters who love the princesses.

my youngest daughter turns 8 in a couple of weeks and wants (yet another) disney princess birthday party. i enjoy cake making/decorating, so in the past i've done a circular princess castle cake (link to picture here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/227242/how_to_make_a_disney_princess_castle.html?cat=2), a mermaid cake, and this year i'm going to do the new square castle cake that many of you may have seen at your local bakery.

the new cake, i've personally only seen at Albertson's. it's one of their "signature" cakes (or something like that), and i think it runs about $50. the problem is, i don't usually like bakery cakes (our albertson's doesn't make the greatest tasting cakes, lol - they are dry and not very tasty). plus, who wants to spend that much on a cake?!!

what i did instead, is call albertson's and ask if they would simply sell me the decorating kit for this kit. they were SUPER nice about it, and i picked it up yesterday for $15! here's a link to the picture of the cake that the kit makes: http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=4487

it's a beautiful cake, and will be very simple to make. so if anyone else here is interested, you may want to check out your local bakery (or order it online if you can't find it at a bakery near you, although getting it straight from the bakery is a lot cheaper, especially when you take shipping into account) to see if you can just buy the kit!

That is great information. My daughter also turns 8 in a couple of weeks. We are taking her to Disney for the day and she is getting the glam treatment at Bibbity Bobbity Boo (thanks Grandma).
I know she is going to want a cake on the day of her actual birthday and since we are fast approaching the end of the princess stadge, this is a cost effective solution. Especially to our large family.
Thanks for the info, I am calling Albertsons tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!