Econolodge $25 a night in Kissimmee!

nelson84

Mouseketeer
Im looking at the cheapest hotel/motel in Disney world area. I’m staying in a condo but still fun to find the cheapest rates. Can you locate a cheaper one?

Maybe the ones in the movie Florida project.
LOL - that's funny. magic Castle.

I tell you last year I was short on cash and i decided to stay off-site so I did a hotwire thing where you don't know the hotel until you book. $33 a night is what I got. i got Celebration Suites which was down 92 - right at Old Town. OMG - what a disaster. It was clean enough in the room but a **** hole. never ever ever again. Would I stay off-site again, yes if I had to. But in that mess, no. If you stay 92 at least get on the other end near Disney. Don't go down towards Old Town. just saying

Buyer Beware...

There are areas of Orlando that you should never think of staying in ... Safety people --- no cheap rate is worth it... If its that cheap then it that should tell you something...

You really do get what you pay for. I'm leary of the Econo-Lodge franchise anyway... I suggest reading reviews here and on TripAdvisor. Driving up and down Irlo-Bronson Memorial Highway will show many, many hotels seeking business... however none can match the Disney experience (if they even try). I always suggest that people wait a year or two, save a bit, and stay on-property in an All-Star... there are ways to save $, but this isn't one of them!

I tell you last year I was short on cash and i decided to stay off-site so I did a hotwire thing where you don't know the hotel until you book. $33 a night is what I got. i got Celebration Suites which was down 92 - right at Old Town. OMG - what a disaster. It was clean enough in the room but a **** hole. never ever ever again. Would I stay off-site again, yes if I had to. But in that mess, no. If you stay 92 at least get on the other end near Disney. Don't go down towards Old Town. just saying

We had a very interesting stay at Celebration Suites a few years ago. Very Interesting.
Think we paid $55 a night for 2 nights before moving to Pop Century for a week, then 1 more night at Celebration after checking out of Pop.

You really do get what you pay for. I'm leary of the Econo-Lodge franchise anyway... I suggest reading reviews here and on TripAdvisor. Driving up and down Irlo-Bronson Memorial Highway will show many, many hotels seeking business... however none can match the Disney experience (if they even try). I always suggest that people wait a year or two, save a bit, and stay on-property in an All-Star... there are ways to save $, but this isn't one of them!
There are tons of other options between staying in a flea bag motel and staying onsite at Disney.

Buyer Beware...

There are areas of Orlando that you should never think of staying in ... Safety people --- no cheap rate is worth it... If its that cheap then it that should tell you something...

Agreed. I've lived in Kissimmee for over 12 years and that area can be very rough and the further you drive away from Disney on 192 the worse it gets. What many of you have seen in the movie "The Florida Project" is real. There are many druggies, prostitutes, and even families who have no other choice but to live in places like that who occupy some of those cheaper motels. You may be saving your cash now but could end up paying more in the long run, just saying.

In 2018 we stayed one night at the Ramada Inn 7470 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, right across from Bob Evans. It is 8 minute drive to MK. The room was in the two story motel type building. It was renovated within the last 12 months. Everything was current including mattress. It was very clean. It was pool side. Plus the outdoor pool is heated.
There is security at the road entrance into the property. NO one gets in unless they have a reservation. Best of all the price was $62 per night. We will stay there again this year.

LOL - that's funny. magic Castle.

There is a trick to that.... I always take trip insurance so if you don't like who you get you can just cancel.
Hotwire is the best... if you dont like your room get on the phone complain complain complain they moved us to a nice hotel one level up.

A few years ago, we were staying onsite and decided to go to Old Town for the Saturday Night Cruise. We had done this many times but I noticed on previous visits that the atmosphere had changed. No matter. I was sure it was safe. We had supper at a buffet across the street before the cruise started. When we left the restaurant, I noticed a prostitute and what appeared to be her pimp. I felt so uneasy that I decided to just go back to WDW. We were using the Lynx transit system, since we did not rent car. It was just myself and my DD who uses a wheelchair. I decided to walk up to Walgreens, buy some eggs and then catch the bus there. On our walk to Walgreens, we stopped for a traffic light. There was someone across the street waiting too. The light changed and while we were crossing with the light, the fellow across the street ran toward us yelling , screaming and waving his hands up at us. I didn't know if he had a knife or what was happening, but I continued pushing the wheelchair across the intersection, not making eye contact and veering around him. I gotta tell you, it scared the wits out of me. By the time I got across the street, I was crying. I was kicking myself for ever putting ourselves in that position of possible danger. I turned to look at him and by this time he was weaving among the cars in the middle of Hwy. 192. Lesson learned. If we leave WDW property, we must be back or on the bus on the way back to WDW before dark. If I was in a group, I may feel differently. We used to stay in the Old Town area , from the time they were building Old Town many years until I learned the many ways to afford to stay onsite. Just speaking for myself, security is foremost now.

There is a trick to that.... I always take trip insurance so if you don't like who you get you can just cancel.
Hotwire is the best... if you dont like your room get on the phone complain complain complain they moved us to a nice hotel one level up.
really? I didn't know that... great tip - thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!