EBCI or wait?

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Ok, I need some advice. Me, my sis, and her husband had a Disney trip scheduled for this month, but that was cancelled, as were our flights. As Southwest cancelled the flights they refunded the EBCI fee I had paid. So far so good.

We have pushed our trip to the end of September/early October. We are playing it by ear, with regards to how things go at the parks, and if we all feel the trip would be worth it. But I haven't paid for EBCI. I"m not sure if I should, as we are not 100% for sure going. My sis has talked about moving the trip to next year.

I don't want to pay for EBCI and then end up cancelling, and having to eat that cost. But on the other hand if we do go this fall we will want to sit together, and sis is fussy on where we sit on the aircraft. Would paying at the gate for the position upgrade be a good way to go? Would we have to pay that fee for both flights, as we have connecting flights? Or should I just book the EBCI?

Not sure what to do.

Why not just have your sister get early bird, and that way she can sit where she wants? We've done that before, just get it for one person, and if the other person ends up with B, or even C (!) boarding, they usually don't have a issue sitting next to them when they board a bit later. That being said, we aren't overly concerned with needing to sit together or in the front or back. Only thing we want is a window or aisle for comfort if possible!
We have SW flights next week, and in October - I didn't get early bird for either, and I am skipping it for next weeks flights because I already know that they are at a lower capacity and figure it's not worth it.
Our flight in October - eh, I might add it later, depending on how busy flying in general becomes over the summer months. I usually fly SW a few times a year and have the SW chase card, which gives me 4 free upgrades at the counter per year. I've only used them once and I think the upgrade charge was $40 pp? I can't quite remember...anyway, I think that you'll get A1-15 w/ the upgrade presuming it's available.

Hope that helps -

Upgrading to A1-A15 (if available) at the gate is an option. BUT you do have to pay for each leg of the flight, so if you're changing planes, you're looking at $80 per person.

I wouldn't bother with EBCI for October - just make sure you check-in right at 24 hours - you'll most likely be fine. If your sis is stressing about it, and you don't get an A boarding group, then have her upgrade at the gate.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter