Eating low salt

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I really need to eat low salt for my blood pressure. This is my first WDW trip on special diets. What can I expect at TS restaurants asking for low salt foods? Is it best to ask for the chef to advise me or can my server make recommendations? I’m especially nervous because food at WDW has a reputation as high salt.

we saw someone at Teppan Edo on this diet. they had someone come to the table and the chef prepared their food first with no salt and then he prepared every bodies else’s food. i would say when they ask about allergies or special diets. speak up and let them know. good luck, i may soon be following you on this diet.

@Simba's Mom I would go ahead and contact Special Diets, and see what they say. Their info is on this page at Disney's website.

They may be able to give some more information on how to best handle your dining needs.

Don't be nervous, Disney is great with this kind of thing. I'm on a low sodium diet because of a heart condition. Check the allergy/special request box when you make your reservations if you can, otherwise just mention it to your server/hostess. It depends on the restaurant, but I usually told the server and either they spoke with the chef, or the chef would come out and speak with me. I have found a lot of the CM's don't really understand a low sodium diet though. They think of it as not adding salt but don't realize all the things that have sodium in them. Your best bet is to be prepared with suggestions of what you can eat, that makes things a lot easier. I would usually ask for chicken or steak without salt and unsalted vegetables. If I ordered off menu I would try to make better choices like avoiding high sodium foods like cheese and soups, no sauce or get sauce on the side, get salads with oil and vinegar, ask for meat to not be salted, etc. At buffets they can make you something separate if needed, so you don't need to avoid them. I carry a small container of Mrs. Dash with me to liven things up a bit lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter