Eating around the world. Budget style?

mummahustle

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

Less than 1 month 'til a 1 day trip with me and my husband. Doing MK in the morning and then monorail over to Epcot to snack/drink around the world.

I have seen lots of different posts on this, but how about one that is budget friendly? We are all about splitting snacks/meals/drinks so that we can have a variety of things without overdoing it...too much :P

Any suggestions out there of what not to miss??? Any ADR I should try and grab for a table service? I was thinking most thinks will likely be QS but correct me if I am wrong!

Are you going during the Flower and Garden festival? I believe they have food booths around the countries like Food and Wine, but I've never eaten at them so not 100% on that. I would look online at Quick service menus to see what you'd like to try. Splitting stuff will help keep costs down. I think if you're trying to get something at most of the countries quick service would be better than a sit down restaurant.

Remember that you can use Disney gift cards to pay for stuff at the food booths as well as dining locations! We always buy Disney GC at Target using my RedCard and get the 5% discount...it's small but adds up quick when you're talking about paying for a big vacation!

Other than that, I'll echo what others have said. There are 12 locations (when you include African Outpost), and most of the food options are available online including prices. Pick one food and one drink at each country, split 4 ways you won't be overdoing it but will still get a taste of everything!

As far as ADR's, to be honest if you snack/drink through the world showcase you aren't going to want a sit down meal. Unless there's an ADR in Epcot that's high on your priority list, I'd skip it and just stick with what's available in WS.

Are you going during the Flower and Garden festival? I believe they have food booths around the countries like Food and Wine, but I've never eaten at them so not 100% on that. I would look online at Quick service menus to see what you'd like to try. Splitting stuff will help keep costs down. I think if you're trying to get something at most of the countries quick service would be better than a sit down restaurant.

We will be there the 2nd of March so we will miss the flower and garden :-(

What is your favorite snack in Epcot?

I would eat at any quick service that struck my fancy. We frequently share at Sommerfest and Yorkshire County Fish shop. We also enjoy the noodle with shrimp tempura soup at Katsuri Grill but there are other items on the menu that are easier to share.

We will be there the 2nd of March so we will miss the flower and garden :-(

What is your favorite snack in Epcot?
I don't really have a favorite. I do like the quick service at China and Sunshine Seasons next to Soarin. I would look online at the menus to see what you'd like to try to create a game plan.

We *usually* skip TS at Epcot unless we want to go to Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, or Chefs de France but that is a rarity. We keep our snacking costs down by sharing things, and by skipping anything where there's nothing uniqe or that we're in the mood for. Also some of the shops have really need candies or snacks that are imported.

Our favorite QS or snacks are:
Mexico- La Cantina de San Angel (QS), split a kid's order of empanadas, or get some churros (or both if we're making a meal in which case we add a side of beans or rice). Splitting an order of tacos is also plenty of food for a snack.

Norway- Kringla Bakery- I know the school bread is the fan favorite (and it's good), but we love the berry cream puff and the rice cream.

China- Joy of Tea snack stand- curry chicken pockets, red bean or ginger caramel ice cream. The potstickers at the QS are also decent.

Refreshement Outpost- I skip this, nothing really special here

Germany- pretty much anything at the Karamell-Kuche shop (especially the caramel popcorn), or a pretzel at Sommerfest if I'm enjoying a beer

Italy- Gelato (but this is usually another one I skip unless I really want ice cream/ sweets). The Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar has small plates, but I haven't made it in there yet.

America- I usually skip this, not really much special here unless DH wants a turkey leg.

Japan- we usually skip unless we're eating at Teppan Edo. My kiddos really like the Teriyaki kids meals at the QS Katsura Grill (beef/ chicken/ beef and shrimp). There are all kinds of Japanese snacks in the shop, which makes for an inexpensive snack you don't have to stop to enjoy. The shaved ice stand is also good.

Morocco- there's not much grab and go here. I really like the shawarma, or the kefta if I'm craving that but otherwise, nothing here that's a must-do for me.

France- I will eat just about anything anyone hands me from Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie. If you don't want a pastry, the ham and cheese on a croissant is my favorite savory thing there. It's grilled cheese and ham with bechemel on a croissant. For sweets, it's all good but my favorites are the chocolate croissant, and the frangipane.

UK- I like to duck into the store and get some British candies to enjoy another time. I don't love the fish & chips. I know they're a crowd favorite but they're not as good (to me) as they used to be.

Canada- there is not much here unless you're going to Le Cellier or want maple popcorn. Just past Canada is Refreshment Port, and they have poutine.

Mexico - empanadas from Choza or chips & guacamole at La Cava.

Germany - nudel gratin at Sommerfest $5

China - Chicken curry pocket at Joy of Tea $5

France - roule aux fromage & lard (bacon - get it warmed!) at Les Halles $4 or the brioche chocolat $3.

Canada - beer cheese Poutine from refreshment port (if they still have it!)

I have never eaten or drank around the world during Flower and Garden (although the violet lemonade is a MUST!)
I have drank around a fair amount of times and encourage the Avocado Margarita inside the Mexico Pavillon and the Cantoloopy from the China tea stand!

Via Napoli is really good as well. My fave snacks are the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels and the fresh made caramel corn at Karamell-Kuche :drinking1popcorn:::cloud9: People really seem to love the School Bread in Norway’s QS. I spend most of our snack money in Epco. Sharing is an amazing way to maximize how much you get to actually try

DH and I share meals and snacks around the World Showcase... during all the festivals... and even when there is not a festival going on. There are lots of options at the QS in each pavilion to share, and get more than a bite or two...then there are the kiosks that you can grab something and share that is only a few bites... as you move along through the world showcase... We have found that your dollar in the QS gets you more to eat, for less than getting a couple of things at the Kiosk's

I honestly don't have a favorite snack I love them all... I do however have a favorite drink... It is in the France pavilion, " Grand Mariner Orange Slush" the kiosk is right in front of Chef's de' France, this is my favorite drink at WDW... so so good...

I would spend some time checking out all the QS menu's, to see what interest you, and what you can share... and you can check out the prices in advance so you can sorta see where you are going to be at...

Have fun...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!