Eat at Home 3!

Main focus past few days was preparing for Dorian but now that’s out of the way here we go.

Tonight we did chicken marinated in Caesar dressing, cheesy broccoli and yellow rice. I coached this evening and had just enough time to take the chicken out before hand to defrost so easy meal day it was.
Tomorrow: trying a new chicken enchilada recipe, refried beans, chips and salsa
Friday-leftovers
Saturday-slow cooker steak and vegetables
Sunday-baked cheese tortellini, salad, cast iron skillet m and m cookie for dessert !

Can this semester just be over already? I am losing my mind.

Tonight:
Crockpot Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken
Rice
Seasoned Green Beans

Thursday:
Chic fil A with gift cards

Friday:
Tuna Mac
Green Peas

Saturday: A group of cruisers that all live locally are having a pre-cruise meet up!!!! One of the families is hosting a BBQ!
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray
Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies

We are so exctied to meet everyone, we cruise in ONE MONTH!!!

Sunday:
Crockpot Beef Stew

French Baquette

Monday:
Crockpot Angel Chicken
Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos
Ranch Beans

Can this semester just be over already? I am losing my mind.

Tonight:
Crockpot Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken
Rice
Seasoned Green Beans

Thursday:
Chic fil A with gift cards

Friday:
Tuna Mac
Green Peas

Saturday: A group of cruisers that all live locally are having a pre-cruise meet up!!!! One of the families is hosting a BBQ!
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray
Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies

We are so exctied to meet everyone, we cruise in ONE MONTH!!!

Sunday:
Crockpot Beef Stew

French Baquette

Monday:
Crockpot Angel Chicken
Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos
Ranch Beans
What is crockpot Angel Chicken?

What is crockpot Angel Chicken?
I put chicken breasts in with a bit of water and boullion and a packet of italian dressing mix. I also tend to add some salt, italian seasoning, etc. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Shred and mix in 8 oz of cream cheese, serve over pasta. It is DELISH!

I put chicken breasts in with a bit of water and boullion and a packet of italian dressing mix. I also tend to add some salt, italian seasoning, etc. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Shred and mix in 8 oz of cream cheese, serve over pasta. It is DELISH!
Thank you! Sounds wonderful- gonna make it next week!

That does sound delicious! I might need to make that soon!

Back home from vacation and a budget:). I hit Hmart yesterday to load up on fresh produce...and my spouse will hit Aldi's today while I have my kids swimming to get the rest of the house needs. I actually kinda know the produce more than the proteins at this point, but let me try to make a menu. We also start learning this week, with it hitting full gear with all activities next week, so it will be a transition:)...

Sun - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Raspberries (99 cents a pack - the one thing I LOVE about this time of year:))
Mon - NY Strip Steaks ($4.99/lb - gonna have to buy this) with Carmelized Dairy-Free Onions and Enoki Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes, Sliced Ginger Gold Apples with more Raspberries
Tues (1st day) - Steak Fajitas (splitting the steak pack) with Onions and Mini Bell Peppers, Loaded Black Beans, Clementines
Wed - Honey Mustard Baked Chicken, Roasted Cabbage, Sliced Nectarines and last of Raspberries
Thurs - Dairy Free Indian Chicken Tikka Masala (with added roast veg - carrots, onions, tomatoes, maybe some cabbage), Dairy-Free Naan, Clementines
Fri - Leftovers and/or Frozen Food Night - Right now, it will probably be the Aldi Chicken Breast Fillets turned into Chicken Sandwiches with Lettuce, Tomato, Dijonaise, Baked Dairy-Free Onion Rings, Green Salad, and Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Did well last week, and now we're back to evening activities this week, so it's back to the crazy full grind...here's the set...

Sun - Kimchi-inspired Crockpot Pork Belly and Veg Stew (Marinated Pork Belly, Baby Radishes, Baby Radish Greens, Flat Cabbage, Vidalia Onions, Baby Carrots, Celery with S&P and a Cornstarch Slurry), Plain Dairy-Free Naan, Sliced Golden Plums
Mon - All Beef Hot Dogs (with triple cheese topping for the dairy lovers), Roasted Potato Salad, Homemade Cole Slaw, Sliced Yellow Peaches
Tues - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Green and Red Grapes (Yes, this is like last week...but it was a huge hit, so I'm gonna do it again)
Wed - Dairy-Free Chicken, White Bean, and Veg Green Enchiladas (gonna wing this and see how it goes - gonna add quesadilla cheese to the dairy lovers after it cooks), Shredded Lettuce and Diced Tomatoes for Topping, Sliced Apples
Thurs - BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs, Baked Fries, Fruit Salad (Apples/Grapes/Bananas)
Fri - TAKE IN with Homemade Smoothies (we are out from 2:30-5:30pm, so I'm getting a restaurant.com Peruvian chicken meal for everyone)
Sat - Free Spaghetti Dinner at Church (it's our Church's feast day, so we aren't even allowed to donate for this, so I assume I'll be kicking in more to the main basket on Sunday:))...

So Kroger glitched and ordered too many pork loins. I got a bit over 16 pounds for 40 cents a pound. So we will be eating a lot of pork the rest of the month.

Black bean salad, okra, broccoli
Pork and pineapple nachos
Beef taco, green salad
Korean pork, rice, sugar peas
Pesto pork, noodles, green salad
Spaghetti, green beans
Bbq pork, okra, pasta salad

All I will need to buy (for dinners) is green salad stuff, a few limes, taco shells, and tortilla chips.

Here are the meal ideas for the week not sure what we will have each day.

Chicken sausage, steamed broccoli brown rice
Cheese tortellini, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms, garlic bread
Spicy Chicken Roll ups, salad, mac and cheese
Lentil soup, crusty bread
Baked Chicken legs, pearl couscous salad
Beef stroganoff

That angel chicken above sounds really good....noting for later! Just got back from publix. I cannot WAIT for vacation. Friday 9-27 cannot come soon enough.

Tonight we are having creamy white bean and spinach quesadillas (recipe from budget bytes) with Mexican rice and corn
Tomorrow I have a work event, I'll eat there, BF will have leftovers
Wednesday: turkey meatball and tortellini soup (skinny taste recipe) which I will freeze some meatballs for later. Side salads
Thursday: almond crusted chicken, broccoli, mashed potatoes
Friday: leftovers
Saturday: homemade Mac and cheese, carrots with ranch, Oreo cheesecake bites for dessert

Thankfully things seem to be slowing down, FINALLY!!

Wednesday: (carryover from last week)
Beef Stew
French Baguette

Thursday:
One Dish Oven Chicken Dinner

Friday:
Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Saturday:
Grilled Salmon
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Oil
Steamed Broccoli

Sunday:
Smoked Chicken
Smashed Potatoes
Roasted Mixed Squash

Monday:
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Egg Noodles
Honey Dill Carrots

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Soup
Corn Muffins

Did well last week, and now we're back to evening activities this week, so it's back to the crazy full grind...here's the set...

Sun - Kimchi-inspired Crockpot Pork Belly and Veg Stew (Marinated Pork Belly, Baby Radishes, Baby Radish Greens, Flat Cabbage, Vidalia Onions, Baby Carrots, Celery with S&P and a Cornstarch Slurry), Plain Dairy-Free Naan, Sliced Golden Plums
Mon - All Beef Hot Dogs (with triple cheese topping for the dairy lovers), Roasted Potato Salad, Homemade Cole Slaw, Sliced Yellow Peaches
Tues - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Green and Red Grapes (Yes, this is like last week...but it was a huge hit, so I'm gonna do it again)
Wed - Dairy-Free Chicken, White Bean, and Veg Green Enchiladas (gonna wing this and see how it goes - gonna add quesadilla cheese to the dairy lovers after it cooks), Shredded Lettuce and Diced Tomatoes for Topping, Sliced Apples
Thurs - BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs, Baked Fries, Fruit Salad (Apples/Grapes/Bananas)
Fri - TAKE IN with Homemade Smoothies (we are out from 2:30-5:30pm, so I'm getting a restaurant.com Peruvian chicken meal for everyone)
Sat - Free Spaghetti Dinner at Church (it's our Church's feast day, so we aren't even allowed to donate for this, so I assume I'll be kicking in more to the main basket on Sunday:))...

So, I'm sticking to a Korean stew this weekend - trips to Hmart plus cool things I find makes it an easy "right after Church" crockpot dinner...this is also heavy on beef and strawberries, b/c my Safeway had stupid good deals on both

Sunday - Crockpot Beef Bulgogi and Veg Stew (2.5 lbs beef hind shank, 1/2 jar of bulgogi marinade, button mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, celery, carrots, jalapeno, cabbage, cornstarch slurry, s&p), Dairy-Free Naan, Starwberries
Monday - Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs (kids have never had, and I need another crockpot meal...and I unearthed some old grape jelly and heinz 57 sauce), Corn on the Cob, More Strawberries, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Tuesday - Dairy-Free Shepard's Pie (onions, celery, carrots, corn, and probably Japanese eggplant), sliced peaches, dairy-free cinnamon apple muffins
Wednesday - Dairy-Free Pancakes, Homemade Pina Colada Fruit Topping (Fresh pineapple, bananas, coconut milk and rum), More Strawberries, Bacon and/or Sausage
Thursday - Homemade Shrimp Salad Sandwiches, Iceberg Wedge Salad with Tomato, Leftover Bacon, and Fried Onions (and a dairy-free blue cheese dressing), Sliced Apples
Friday - Leftovers OR Boxed Mac and Cheese Night (I am trying Annie's Vegan one for me, since the Daiya one was eehhh...kids will get Kraft) with fresh fruit smoothies
Saturday - OUT

*edited, I got some weird random sale stuff today so I’m changing a couple of meals.
Last week wasn’t too bad. I will confess we got tacos sat night for $12 and we had enough leftovers to skip cooking one night. This week I’m going to make a bunch of stuff because my kid is an eating machine and her constant “what can I eat” is driving me nuts. I’ll be like bottom shelf in the fridge, all yours!

1. Black bean and corn marinated rice, tomato and cucumber salad
2. Spaghetti and green beans
3. Flatbread with olive spread, hummus and dipping vegs, red lentil pasta salad 4. Asian pork, noodles, carrots with yum yum sauce
5. Egg roll in a bowl
6. Some kind of spicy Mexican pork cornbread something or other, kind of like a dry tamale.
7. Asian beef bowl, rice, sugar peas

Breakfast will be cereal or oatmeal mostly (we have a lot of different ones to use up), and for lunch I’ll make taco stuff, egg salad, chicken salad, and buy sandwich fixings. I’ll make brownies and cookies too.

I will need to buy brown rice, two limes, cucumbers, flour, celery, carrots, peas, chicken, potatoes, bread, ham, turkey, and tortilla chips to complete this meal plan.

Last edited:
last full week of meal planning until after vacation!
Tonight-'everything bagel' seasoned chicken, yellow rice, cauliflower
Tomorrow-homemade cheese and spinach pizza
Wednesday-leftovers-I'll eat at the studio in between coaching, BF will eat at home
Thursday-turkey burritos, avocado and corn salad
Friday-Grilled cheese sliders and tomato soup
Saturday-Monterey chicken pasta, funfetti cookies for dessert!

We are in full on "get ready to cruise" mode!!! Yes, we have over 2 weeks. BUT, we also have a busy calendar until then. We are SO READY!!!!

Wednesday:
Tuna Mac
Peas

Thursday: (carry over from last week)
Smoked Chicken
Smashed Potatoes
Roasted Squash and Zucchini

Friday:
DS has 8th grade band night at the high school, so take out

Saturday: Family bonfire at my Mom and Dad's
Hot Dogs
Tortilla Chips with Chili and Cheese Dip
Smores

Sunday:
Dinner at a "Sushi Train" in Downtown Nash-Vegas for oldest DD's 20th Birthday

Monday:
Sweet -n- Sour Pork
Rice

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Pasta
Chips and Salsa

I am going to try and get back at this because my spending is just crazy of late. Last weekend I was super sick and all week my stomach has still been unhappy so a lot of what I prepped and planned did not sit right. Plus, I am just now getting my energy back so cooking after work also was not happening.

So here is my plan this week:
Breakfast: Breakfast burritos with roasted potatoes, peppers, and onion, scrambled eggs, a tiny bit of cheese and guacamole to dip them in.
Lunch: Veggie loaded chicken meatballs 2 ways. Way 1 is with a mushroom stroganoff and frozen veggies. Way 2 is with a honey sriracha glaze over rice and veggie. (I have found I am getting super bored with my lunches by the end of the week so trying to figure out ways to keep things fresh.)
Dinners:
Sunday: Steak burrito bowls with steak, black beans, rice, sauteed peppers and onions, a little bit of cheese, greek yogurt, and guacamole
Monday - Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Rainbow veggie Pad Thai
Friday: Leftovers

For snacks I have a lot of fresh fruit (nectarines, plums, pears, apples, and honeydew), popcorn, chocolate almond milk, and tea. I also have some maple cookies but those are a treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!