Eat at Home 3!

Cleared out the upstairs freezer that is on top of our fridge. Threw out some freezer burned items. Going to use the items in the top freezer until it is gone and then continue work on the back freezer somemore.

tonight we are having hamburger helper and frozen broccoli.
homemade chicken pot Pie
pasta Bolognese and salad, I am.having zoodles with the sauce
baked tilapia green beans and rice for him
Grilled London broil baked potato for him frozen veggies
chicken fried rice
Breakfast for dinner

I had planned an extra meal last week just because we were grilling, and one night I felt sick still from a migraine I'd had so DH had leftovers. We have some extra grilled meats so I didn't need too much from the store this week which was nice. Here's this week's menu:

Jamaican chicken with pineapple and couscous
plum glazed pork chops with green beans and rolls
turkey saltimbocca with steamed lemon broccoli
sausage with red beans & rice
grilled chicken melts with watermelon
taco salad

Got beautiful yellowtail from Hmart today...had them filet it and then took the head and bones home, too. I made baked yellowtail with lemon, margarine, garlic, and dill with strawberries and blueberries and handheld cherry almond pies for dinner. I also have a yellowtail bone broth with lime and ginger on my stove to put away for lunches this week (it will go with some microwave rice, any leftover fish, and whatever veg I feel like adding).

Tomorrow, since my garden gave me 8 big tomatoes this weekend, I'm making dairy-free stuffed tomatoes with Italian sausage, Japanese eggplant, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, onion, basil, s&p, and breadcrumb (those who can have dairy will get a mozza sprinkle on top). I'll serve it with fresh peaches and plums.

I bought my girls fresh lychees and cherries and coconut milk, and asked them to try a dairy-free rice pudding with asian-style fruit and ingredients...we'll see if they take my bait:)...

I'll have Tues to Sat plans when my spouse hits Aldi's tomorrow night, but I know one meal will be burgers (since my daughter said we had a "ton" in the freezer)...after that, we'll see:)...

Man . . . I wish we had an HMart closer! Love yellowtail. Love fresh lychee, too! Your dinner sounds amazing. You sound like me. After a halibut fishing charter, I was the only person on the boat who wanted my head and bones and not just the fillets.

Our next few days:

Sunday: Chicken katsu curry over rice with roasted broccoli
Monday: Pasta, potatoes, and green beans with pesto, roasted purple cauliflower, bbq'd salmon
Tuesday: Sara Udon (seafood and veggies in a light gravy over crispy thin noodles--it's a Nagasaki regional dish that I haven't had in 30 years, but loved when I was an exchange student. I was so excited to find the noodles for it at Uwajimaya in Beaverton.)

This weekend is DS's 13th birthday. We have a family tradition of taking the B-day kiddo and a friend for a weekend away on the 13th. DS knows it is coming, but he does not know where we are going or who the friend will be. This is alway such a fun traditiion. But, alas, he is the baby. This will be our last time doing this. :sad: We will be leaving Friday morning to take he and a friend to Cave City, KY for the weekend for Mammoth Cave and Dino World. We got a hotel with a swimming pool, too. Looking forward to a good time!

Wednesday: (Church event a local mall)
Mall Pizza :crazy2:

Thursday: (carryover from last week)
Chili in Spud Bowls
Carrots and Dip

Friday:
Out of town

Saturday:
Out of town

Sunday: (DS's acutal birthday, so this is his dinner request)
Indian Butter Chicken
Basmati Rice
Garlic and Herb Naan

Monday:
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
Garlic Toast
Watermelon

Taco Tuesday:
Fish Tacos
Watermelon

Last edited:
Yesterday we had meatballs, Pearl couscous and broccoli. Leftovers for lunches at work today
Tonight we are having chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing, carrots and ranch
Tomorrow -scrambled Eggs, raspberries and waffles
Thursday -we were invited to a pre-opening at a new restaurant in town (we know the owner)
Friday-homemade pizza (TJoes pizza dough is so good :lovestruc:lovestruc)
Saturday-homemade mac and cheese (going to freeze half) and salad
Sunday-braised spare ribs with tomatoes and potatoes, leftover salad if any

We are back from a wonderful vacation to South Dakota. Long drive but so worth it. While we were gone our garden exploded so we will be eating a lot of zucchini, green beans, and tomatoes.

Saturday: Chicken Sausage, Roasted Green Beans, Mashed potatoes
Sunday: Big Salad Bowl (It is so hot no one wanted anything warm)
Monday: Steak, leftover green beans and mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Veggie Stir Fry, brown rice
Wednesday: Zucchini Lasagna
Thursday: One Pot Mexican Lentil dish
Friday: Leftovers

Finishing the week...and making a change today b/c girls made a mistake cooking vegan snickerdoodle cookies, so they are becoming a crumble for fresh peaches tonight (and fries are getting pushed off - just as well b/c it's hot!)

Tuesday - Burgers/Cheeseburgers, Sauteed Broccoli, Peaches with Snickerdoodle Crumble
Wednesday - BLTs, Homemade Bacon Potato Salad (Onion/Bell Pepper/Celery/S&P/Mayo), Strawberries
Thursday - BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Sauteed Fuzzy Green Squash, Sliced Plums and Lychees, Honey Cornbread Muffins
Friday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (Leftovers for Me - probably potato salad b/c I love it and will make a ton), Caprese Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Saturday - OUT

My goodness it is hot. And muggy. It always takes me a little bit to adjust to a summer menu - I do soups and baked stuff so often, and it just won't cut it at the moment. Lots of sandwiches and salads in my house these days.

Thurs - Beef Burritos
Fri- Grilled turkey burgers, tater tots
Sat - Pizza (this may be takeout - not sure I can stand to bake my own in this heat)
Sun - Grilled beef Satay, Summer Rolls
Mon- Dumplings, Stir Fried Veg
Tues- Taco Salad
Weds- chicken parm sandwiches, crudite
Thurs- asian noodle soup or maybe asian noodle salad...
Fri- mac & cheese, hot dogs

Another week, another weekly plan:)...

Sun - Cheesesteaks (or non-cheese for me) with sauteed onions and mushrooms, mango/strawberry/grape salad, homemade roasted tomato and tomatillo salsa with chips
Mon - Buffalo Chicken Salad (Aldi's Buffalo Zingers - trying for 1st time and dairy free!) with sliced celery, grated carrot, spinach and argula mix, and toasted pecans...with a dressing (everyone will have blue cheese...I'm still deciding if I'm gonna make my own buffalo wing/plain so delicious yogurt one), cherries and blueberries - and hot dogs for the kids who won't eat the salad
Tues (the heat breaks!) - Pre-glazed pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes (gonna try a small dairy free version for me, but do regular for everyone else til I make sure dairy-free isn't bad), caprese salad (no cheese for me), plums
Wed - Chicken Fajita Tacos, Refried Beans, Rest of salsa with chips, Clementines
Thurs - Meatloaf (found panko bread crumbs are dairy free, so gonna try for 1st time in awhile), Eggplant Ratatouille, Sliced Mango, Crescent Rolls
Fri - Frozen and Leftover Night with Smoothies - it looks like Korean Dumplings and Dairy-Free Samosas (with Pizza Bites for the youngest) if we have no leftovers
Sat - OUT

Saturday: Chicken Tender Salad
Sunday: Pizza at inlaws for DH birthday
Monday: Veggie Stir Fry
Tuesday: Steak Wraps, cauliflower tots, baked beans
Wednesday: baked chicken legs, cucumber/tomato salad, sweet potato wedges
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Breakfast

Mon: Dragon noodles
Tues: Taco/nacho/burrito bar
Wed: Grilled hamburgers/hot dogs, corn on the cob, potato salad
Thurs: Roast
Fri: Pizza Night
Sat: Short ribs, veggies, mac & cheese

Have a great week everyone!

Back home...for a few days. My BFF had surgery last week. Her mom has been helping her during recovery, but I am headed down to visit and help out for three days this week, starting Thursday. So, dinners Thursday and Friday nights will easy for DH to do.

Wednesday:
College Alumni Event at the Nashville Sounds baseball game, dinner will be served

Thursday:
Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Tator Tots

Friday:
Chicken Patty Sandwiches
Tator Tots

Satruday:
Grilled Chicken
Baked Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Sunday:
Mongolian Beef
Jasmine Rice

Monday:
Baked Salmon
Rice Pilaf
Roasted Asparagus

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Pasta
Peaches and Strawberries

I ended up having to work my other job Sun. but we had leftovers we ate from going out to eat Sat. I'm grilling right now so here's what's on the menu ofr tonight and the rest of the week:

cheeseburgers with corn on the cob
jalapeno chicken soft tacos
hot dogs with French fries
Cuban sandwiches with broccoli/carrots and Ranch
garlic parmesan grilled chicken with spaghetti
strawberry steak salad

Tried a new recipe this evening. It was awesome and we have leftovers.
Half box bow tie pasta
Can fire roasted tomatoes
2 tbsp tube tomato paste
2 clove chopped garlic
1 C bell peppers ( I used red because it’s what we had)
1/2 lg Vidalia onion
Olive oil
Adobo with cumin
Chili powder
Cayenne pepper
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Half and half 1 C
1 C shredded cheddar or Monteray jack ( I used a mix)
1 C of the starchy water the pasta cooked in
2 chicken breast cut into strips and cooked in olive oil with the garlic and spices while pasta is cooking
Set aside the chicken and sauté the peppers and onions in olive oil
Return the chicken to pan
Drain pasta reserving a cup of the water
Add tomatoes, half of the starchy water, corn starch and half and half to pot pasta cooked in and as it thickens return the pasta to the pot
Fold in the cheese and the chicken snd veggies
Add additional starchy water to adjust the thickness of the sauce
I didn’t measure the spices. I just added a few shakes of each and coated the chicken in adobo
Hubby had seconds

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Tonight we are having cheeseburgers, broccoli and (maybe-it’s so hot!) steak fries
Tomorrow we got invited to a friends house for taco night.
Thursday: almond crusted chicken, pearl couscous, tomatoes and cucumbers with ranch.
Friday: leftovers, making some pasta to go with if needed.
Saturday: grand reopening party at my work all day, have no idea if I’ll be hungry
Sunday: homemade pizza (we love TJ’s pizza dough so much) and salad

We are back from our trip and I wanted to plan out the last week of the month. We were going so many different directions in July, a big monthly plan didn’t happen.

We have tomatoes, 120 pounds so far. So every meal except one will have tomatoes in it.

1. Stuffed peppers and okra
2. BLT, heavy on the T
3. Hamburgers and green beans
4. Chef salad
5. Chicken salad on green salad
6. Thai chicken basil rice
7. Chili (to use up tomatoes!)

For lunches I’ll be making spaghetti, messy sushi, egg salad, and bean burritos.

For these menus I’ll need tortillas, and salad greens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!