Eat at Home 3!

westcoastfldisneygirl

Close driving distance to the Mouse
Main focus past few days was preparing for Dorian but now that’s out of the way here we go.

Tonight we did chicken marinated in Caesar dressing, cheesy broccoli and yellow rice. I coached this evening and had just enough time to take the chicken out before hand to defrost so easy meal day it was.
Tomorrow: trying a new chicken enchilada recipe, refried beans, chips and salsa
Friday-leftovers
Saturday-slow cooker steak and vegetables
Sunday-baked cheese tortellini, salad, cast iron skillet m and m cookie for dessert !

oopsiDAISY

DIS Veteran
Can this semester just be over already? I am losing my mind.

Tonight:
Crockpot Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken
Rice
Seasoned Green Beans

Thursday:
Chic fil A with gift cards

Friday:
Tuna Mac
Green Peas

Saturday: A group of cruisers that all live locally are having a pre-cruise meet up!!!! One of the families is hosting a BBQ!
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray
Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies

We are so exctied to meet everyone, we cruise in ONE MONTH!!!

Sunday:
Crockpot Beef Stew

French Baquette

Monday:
Crockpot Angel Chicken
Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos
Ranch Beans

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
Can this semester just be over already? I am losing my mind.

Tonight:
Crockpot Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken
Rice
Seasoned Green Beans

Thursday:
Chic fil A with gift cards

Friday:
Tuna Mac
Green Peas

Saturday: A group of cruisers that all live locally are having a pre-cruise meet up!!!! One of the families is hosting a BBQ!
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray
Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies

We are so exctied to meet everyone, we cruise in ONE MONTH!!!

Sunday:
Crockpot Beef Stew

French Baquette

Monday:
Crockpot Angel Chicken
Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos
Ranch Beans
What is crockpot Angel Chicken?

• oopsiDAISY

DIS Veteran
    What is crockpot Angel Chicken?
    I put chicken breasts in with a bit of water and boullion and a packet of italian dressing mix. I also tend to add some salt, italian seasoning, etc. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Shred and mix in 8 oz of cream cheese, serve over pasta. It is DELISH!

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
    I put chicken breasts in with a bit of water and boullion and a packet of italian dressing mix. I also tend to add some salt, italian seasoning, etc. Cook on low for 8 hrs. Shred and mix in 8 oz of cream cheese, serve over pasta. It is DELISH!
    Thank you! Sounds wonderful- gonna make it next week!

Eeyore daily

Mouseketeer
    That does sound delicious! I might need to make that soon!

TwoMisfits

DIS Veteran
    Back home from vacation and a budget:). I hit Hmart yesterday to load up on fresh produce...and my spouse will hit Aldi's today while I have my kids swimming to get the rest of the house needs. I actually kinda know the produce more than the proteins at this point, but let me try to make a menu. We also start learning this week, with it hitting full gear with all activities next week, so it will be a transition:)...

Sun - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Raspberries (99 cents a pack - the one thing I LOVE about this time of year:))
    Mon - NY Strip Steaks ($4.99/lb - gonna have to buy this) with Carmelized Dairy-Free Onions and Enoki Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes, Sliced Ginger Gold Apples with more Raspberries
    Tues (1st day) - Steak Fajitas (splitting the steak pack) with Onions and Mini Bell Peppers, Loaded Black Beans, Clementines
    Wed - Honey Mustard Baked Chicken, Roasted Cabbage, Sliced Nectarines and last of Raspberries
    Thurs - Dairy Free Indian Chicken Tikka Masala (with added roast veg - carrots, onions, tomatoes, maybe some cabbage), Dairy-Free Naan, Clementines
    Fri - Leftovers and/or Frozen Food Night - Right now, it will probably be the Aldi Chicken Breast Fillets turned into Chicken Sandwiches with Lettuce, Tomato, Dijonaise, Baked Dairy-Free Onion Rings, Green Salad, and Fruit Smoothies
    Sat - OUT
    Did well last week, and now we're back to evening activities this week, so it's back to the crazy full grind...here's the set...

Sun - Kimchi-inspired Crockpot Pork Belly and Veg Stew (Marinated Pork Belly, Baby Radishes, Baby Radish Greens, Flat Cabbage, Vidalia Onions, Baby Carrots, Celery with S&P and a Cornstarch Slurry), Plain Dairy-Free Naan, Sliced Golden Plums
    Mon - All Beef Hot Dogs (with triple cheese topping for the dairy lovers), Roasted Potato Salad, Homemade Cole Slaw, Sliced Yellow Peaches
    Tues - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Green and Red Grapes (Yes, this is like last week...but it was a huge hit, so I'm gonna do it again)
    Wed - Dairy-Free Chicken, White Bean, and Veg Green Enchiladas (gonna wing this and see how it goes - gonna add quesadilla cheese to the dairy lovers after it cooks), Shredded Lettuce and Diced Tomatoes for Topping, Sliced Apples
    Thurs - BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs, Baked Fries, Fruit Salad (Apples/Grapes/Bananas)
    Fri - TAKE IN with Homemade Smoothies (we are out from 2:30-5:30pm, so I'm getting a restaurant.com Peruvian chicken meal for everyone)
    Sat - Free Spaghetti Dinner at Church (it's our Church's feast day, so we aren't even allowed to donate for this, so I assume I'll be kicking in more to the main basket on Sunday:))...

• neatokimmo

DIS Veteran
    So Kroger glitched and ordered too many pork loins. I got a bit over 16 pounds for 40 cents a pound. So we will be eating a lot of pork the rest of the month.

Black bean salad, okra, broccoli
    Pork and pineapple nachos
    Beef taco, green salad
    Korean pork, rice, sugar peas
    Pesto pork, noodles, green salad
    Spaghetti, green beans
    Bbq pork, okra, pasta salad

All I will need to buy (for dinners) is green salad stuff, a few limes, taco shells, and tortilla chips.

Deffenm

DIS Veteran
    Here are the meal ideas for the week not sure what we will have each day.

Chicken sausage, steamed broccoli brown rice
    Cheese tortellini, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms, garlic bread
    Spicy Chicken Roll ups, salad, mac and cheese
    Lentil soup, crusty bread
    Baked Chicken legs, pearl couscous salad
    Beef stroganoff

westcoastfldisneygirl

Close driving distance to the Mouse
    That angel chicken above sounds really good....noting for later! Just got back from publix. I cannot WAIT for vacation. Friday 9-27 cannot come soon enough.

Tonight we are having creamy white bean and spinach quesadillas (recipe from budget bytes) with Mexican rice and corn
    Tomorrow I have a work event, I'll eat there, BF will have leftovers
    Wednesday: turkey meatball and tortellini soup (skinny taste recipe) which I will freeze some meatballs for later. Side salads
    Thursday: almond crusted chicken, broccoli, mashed potatoes
    Friday: leftovers
    Saturday: homemade Mac and cheese, carrots with ranch, Oreo cheesecake bites for dessert

oopsiDAISY

DIS Veteran
    Thankfully things seem to be slowing down, FINALLY!!

Wednesday: (carryover from last week)
    Beef Stew
    French Baguette

Thursday:
    One Dish Oven Chicken Dinner

Friday:
    Spaghetti
    Garlic Toast

Saturday:
    Grilled Salmon
    Baked Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Oil
    Steamed Broccoli

Sunday:
    Smoked Chicken
    Smashed Potatoes
    Roasted Mixed Squash

Monday:
    Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
    Egg Noodles
    Honey Dill Carrots

Taco Tuesday:
    Taco Soup
    Corn Muffins

• TwoMisfits

DIS Veteran
    Did well last week, and now we're back to evening activities this week, so it's back to the crazy full grind...here's the set...

Sun - Kimchi-inspired Crockpot Pork Belly and Veg Stew (Marinated Pork Belly, Baby Radishes, Baby Radish Greens, Flat Cabbage, Vidalia Onions, Baby Carrots, Celery with S&P and a Cornstarch Slurry), Plain Dairy-Free Naan, Sliced Golden Plums
    Mon - All Beef Hot Dogs (with triple cheese topping for the dairy lovers), Roasted Potato Salad, Homemade Cole Slaw, Sliced Yellow Peaches
    Tues - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Green and Red Grapes (Yes, this is like last week...but it was a huge hit, so I'm gonna do it again)
    Wed - Dairy-Free Chicken, White Bean, and Veg Green Enchiladas (gonna wing this and see how it goes - gonna add quesadilla cheese to the dairy lovers after it cooks), Shredded Lettuce and Diced Tomatoes for Topping, Sliced Apples
    Thurs - BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs, Baked Fries, Fruit Salad (Apples/Grapes/Bananas)
    Fri - TAKE IN with Homemade Smoothies (we are out from 2:30-5:30pm, so I'm getting a restaurant.com Peruvian chicken meal for everyone)
    Sat - Free Spaghetti Dinner at Church (it's our Church's feast day, so we aren't even allowed to donate for this, so I assume I'll be kicking in more to the main basket on Sunday:))...
    So, I'm sticking to a Korean stew this weekend - trips to Hmart plus cool things I find makes it an easy "right after Church" crockpot dinner...this is also heavy on beef and strawberries, b/c my Safeway had stupid good deals on both

Sunday - Crockpot Beef Bulgogi and Veg Stew (2.5 lbs beef hind shank, 1/2 jar of bulgogi marinade, button mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, celery, carrots, jalapeno, cabbage, cornstarch slurry, s&p), Dairy-Free Naan, Starwberries
    Monday - Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs (kids have never had, and I need another crockpot meal...and I unearthed some old grape jelly and heinz 57 sauce), Corn on the Cob, More Strawberries, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
    Tuesday - Dairy-Free Shepard's Pie (onions, celery, carrots, corn, and probably Japanese eggplant), sliced peaches, dairy-free cinnamon apple muffins
    Wednesday - Dairy-Free Pancakes, Homemade Pina Colada Fruit Topping (Fresh pineapple, bananas, coconut milk and rum), More Strawberries, Bacon and/or Sausage
    Thursday - Homemade Shrimp Salad Sandwiches, Iceberg Wedge Salad with Tomato, Leftover Bacon, and Fried Onions (and a dairy-free blue cheese dressing), Sliced Apples
    Friday - Leftovers OR Boxed Mac and Cheese Night (I am trying Annie's Vegan one for me, since the Daiya one was eehhh...kids will get Kraft) with fresh fruit smoothies
    Saturday - OUT

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates