Eat at Home 3!

This is my plan. Our veggie sides will be whatever we have around. I have lots of cabbage, broccoli, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and green beans right now.
Pepperoni pizza
Chorizo tacos
Soup beans and mex cornbread
Chicken casserole
Then we are working a three day festival. I am packing this in our coolers...
Chickpea salad
Italian pasta salad
Hummus
Carrots
Cucumbers
Ham sandwiches
Peaches
Brownies
I only need stuffing, carrots, and ham to complete these meals.

THREE DAY WORK WEEK!!! :yay:

Wednesday: (friends coming over for a game night)
Nacho Bar

Thrusday:
Grilled Burgers and Conecuh Sausage
Chips
Potato Salad (mom is bringing)
Baked Beans (mom is bringing)
Homemade Ice Cream (mom is bringing)
Fresh Peaches for Ice Cream topping

Friday:
Out of Town

Saturday:
Our of Town

Sunday: (quick and easy meal after travel day)
Chicken Tenders
Tator Tots

Monday:
Stuffed Peppers Casserole

Taco Tuesday:
Chicken Enchiladas
Mexican Rice

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

***If you are so inclined, our family would appreciate your prayers this Thursday. Last year our 19 year old DD was hit by a car as she was walking across the street at our county fairgrounds on the evening of July 4th. She was seriously injured, and rushed to Vanderbilt Trauma. Our 17 yr old daughter was behind her and watched it happen. Our 12 yr old son was in front her of her and heard it happen, saw the aftermath. After a 6 month process of hospitalizion, in and out patient therapy, and months in a wheelchair, she is fully recovered. But, this will be a tough holiday for us this year.

We made it back from our awesome Disney vacation! So much fun and I didn't feel like we overate because it was so hot. We were under on food budget too so that was good. This week:

Sun- I had a couple leftover cooked chicken breasts in the freezer and DS had work so I made DH and I grilled chicken melts with fruit
Mon- raspberry pecan chicken salad
Tue- DS brought home dinner from his work
Wed- no-fry black bean chimichangas
Thu- grilling out for the 4th of July and to have some other grilled meats ready, today will be cheeseburgers, chips & dip, and watermelon
Fri- strawberry mint chicken with broccoli slaw
Sat- DS and I are both working so DH will probably grab something after church, DS will eat at work and I'll take leftovers or grab something
Sun- spinach steak pinwheels with rolls
Mon- one-pot chicken pesto pasta

We've had a ton of rain the past few days so we haven't been able to grill! I ended up making the burgers of July 4th on the griddle pan inside and did the strawberry chicken yesterday on the stove too. We should be able to grill tomorrow so I'm going to the store today to get this week's stuff. Don't know the order yet- I'll base that on when DS2 and I are working.

spinach steak pinwheels with rolls
one pot chicken pesto pasta
pork pancit
Jamaican chicken with couscous
Greek pita pizzas
plum glazed pork chops with veggies
chicken chef salad

New week!

Tomorrrow: flatbread pizza
Monday: parm chicken, green beans, couscous
Tuesday: long day at work, packing leftovers
Wednesday: slow cooker pasta fagioli soup
Thursday: leftover soup with salad
Friday: grilled cheese, oven fries
Saturday: date night with BF to celebrate his New huge account he opened at work :)

I really REALLY need to stop ordering in and picking up food. It stops this week! I plan on one breakfast from my work cafe and then one lunch for the food trucks on Thursday. Otherwise, it is all preplanned meals at home!

Breakfast: Egg, bacon, and cheese breakfast sandwiches with fruit
Lunch: Food cart style chicken with white sauce and pita, side salad, and yogurt
Dinner:
Last night: Frozen Pizza
Tonight: Chicken Reubens and side salad
Tomorrow: L/O
Tuesday: Vegetable fried rice
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Shrimp Florentine pasta with mushrooms
Friday: L/O

I have a bunch of random vegetables that will be our sides this week. Our mains will be...
Stuffed peppers
Chicken parmesan
Breakfast casserole and waffles
Tacos
Chicken casserole
Chef salad
Chicken and dumplings

We had a great weekend away, now back to the grind.

Wednesday:
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
Egg Noodles
French Style Green Beans

Thursday:
Grilled Trout (Dh's grandma sent us home with some fresh river trout)
Baked Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Friday:
Tuna Salad
Crackers

Saturday:
Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta
Garlic Toast

Sunday:
Low Country Boil (DH's parents brought us fresh shrimp from the Gulf)

Monday:
Shipwreck Skillet (basically seasoned ground beef and rice with odds and ends tossed in)

Taco Tuesday:
BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Fresh Fruit

Would you mind sharing the recipe for crockpot chicken and gravy? I love using my crockpot and am always looking for new recipes. Thank you!

Darn, I'm behind, but part of that is my girls are now helping...so they like to pick meals...

Sunday, they made a fresh veg loaded tomato sauce with spaghetti and all beef meatballs (I skipped the meatballs, b/c they were prepared with dairy - we are using up the supply and then I'll make my own to freeze)...they used my garden tomatillos and tomatoes...and then added onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and bell peppers. I added a fresh watermelon, strawberry, banana smoothie - I used a so dairy strawberry "yogurt" for the 1st time to bring it together and with a few spoonfuls of sugar (to make up for not as sweet yogurt) and some ice, it worked GREAT for 6. Kids couldn't tell the difference and it did taste great.

I'll think of the rest of our menu later...although I will say they made me some great tollhouse chocolate cookies with baker's german sweet chocolate (dairy free - we only used 1 bar, so it was about 1/3 normal chocolate amount...but you couldn't tell) and some aldi's margarine. I love dairy-free subs that I can find in normal and discount priced groceries b/c I don't have a whole foods budget for food...so the baker's chocolate was a find (vs the double the cost dairy-free chips...and I think it's more straight-forwardly made than most of those expensive subs...and I prefer less processed if I am using a sub...or just dropping something all together, if I'm stuck with something uber-fake...it's why I haven't tried "cheeses" yet:))...

@TwoMisfits do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They used to (not sure if they still do) carry a non-dairy cheese that was actually pretty good. I wish I could remember what it was. If you go into TJs though and let them know about your dietary issues, they'll point you to items that would work for you. They will also open practically anything for you to sample before you buy. Plus they tend to be cheaper than Whole Foods.

@TwoMisfits do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They used to (not sure if they still do) carry a non-dairy cheese that was actually pretty good. I wish I could remember what it was. If you go into TJs though and let them know about your dietary issues, they'll point you to items that would work for you. They will also open practically anything for you to sample before you buy. Plus they tend to be cheaper than Whole Foods.

I do have a Trader Joe's...although it's annoying to get to...we've been a few times, and they've been hit or miss on quality and budget - some things are amazing and amazingly priced...and some are the opposite, awful and higher priced...and everything in between:)...I do love their customer service, though...always the nicest folks, ever:)...

But on price, they don't really compete well overall in my area with Aldi and HMart...and even Safeway on a sale...and they are as tiny as our Aldi's, so they don't stock a lot of selection...they price to beat Whole Foods, but not main grocery...

Okay, I have more days...
Yesterday (Monday) - Jamaican Jerk Chicken Saute (found dairy-free jerk sauce on sale, and never tried it...it's good) with roasted japanese eggplant, asparagus bottoms, bell peppers, and onions with a strawberry, blueberry, and clementine fruit salad and poor man's garlic bread (hot dog buns with olive oil, margarine, garlic, and a touch of salt)...
Tuesday (Spidey tonight) - Guacamole Burgers (I got Florida avos, so I'm gonna see how they differ from Haas, b/c they were uber-cheap - gonna make it my normal way with lime, cilantro, garden tomatoes, jalapeno, green onions, and s&p), sliced peaches...and theater popcorn for "dessert"
Wednesday - Beef Tacos, Leftover Gauc and Salsa with chips, sliced apples
Thursday - Dairy-free spinach quiche (gonna try this) with roasted asparagus tips, berries, and/or bacon
Friday - Frozen night - probably the last frozen pizza and potato skins for the family and leftovers for me (I love quiche, so I'm hoping there will be some), green salad with garden tomatoes and cucumbers, fruit smoothies
Saturday - OUT

Would you mind sharing the recipe for crockpot chicken and gravy? I love using my crockpot and am always looking for new recipes. Thank you!

This is the SIMPLEST recipe, and my family absolutely loves it! This recipe is for our family of five, and we typically have enough leftovers for DH and I to take for lunch the next day.

2-3 frozen chicken breasts
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
Generous amount of black pepper

Cook of low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, then add 1 cup of sour cream. Serve over Egg Noodles or Rice.

Thank goodness the Holiday weekend is over. We did a lot of dining out! I am cooking frugal meals this week to readjust the food budget.

Wednesday:
Tuna Noodle
Green Peas

Thursday:
Chicken Caesar Salad

Friday:
Grilled Burgers (patties from freezer)
Tator Tots

Saturday:
Chili in Spud Bowls
Baby Carrots and Ranch

Sunday:
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Egg Noodles
Fried Okra

Monday:
Chicken Tenders (from freezer)
Mac and Cheese
Sautee'd Green Beans (from freezer)

Taco Tuesday:
Bean Burritos
Mexican Rice

Have stuck to homemade meals this week so far.

Sunday
vegetarian because the veggies from the Farmer's market were starting to spoil. :guilty:

Monday
Spaghetti, which means yummy lunches for me for a few days.

Yesterday
Dinner at the parents.

Tonight
Hamburgers

Thursday
Nachos. Or Tacos.

Friday
Probably chicken salad because we should eat better

Im going to try this but my family is super picky so I'm always making the same bland things.

Tonight:
grilled steaks, twice baked potatoes, steamed spinach

tomorrow:
Chicken Sausage and peppers with a side of brown rice

Friday:
I work 12 hours so hoping to make grilled chicken with a sweet and sour sauce, broccoli and the left over brown rice (make this the thursday to eat Friday)

Saturday:
Frozen pizza and carrots and dip

Sunday:
pasta with meatballs

Monday:
work 12 hours so everyone fending for themselves (left overs)

Tuesday:
Grocery shopping so some sort of fish with couscous and broccoli& asparagus

This is the SIMPLEST recipe, and my family absolutely loves it! This recipe is for our family of five, and we typically have enough leftovers for DH and I to take for lunch the next day.

Cook of low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, then add 1 cup of sour cream. Serve over Egg Noodles or Rice.
thank you! I think I am going to make this !!

Thank you so much! I plan on making it this week.

Saturday: Chicken Nachos
Sunday: Lasagna, caesar salad
Monday: Orange chicken, rice, broccoli
Tuesday: Out for my birthday
Wednesday: Soy Ginger Fish, rice, veggie
Thursday: Tacos, beans, rice
Friday: Pesto chicken pasta

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter