Eat at Home 3!

I am getting ready to head to the kitchen to make the hubs frozen dinners for his lunches. I am doing meatloaf, taco corn rice casserole type stuff, and spaghetti. Does anyone else make meals in bulk like this? He has his own kitchenette and can take all 12 meals at once. Any suggestions for the other 70 pounds of ground beef that I have?

I am getting ready to head to the kitchen to make the hubs frozen dinners for his lunches. I am doing meatloaf, taco corn rice casserole type stuff, and spaghetti. Does anyone else make meals in bulk like this? He has his own kitchenette and can take all 12 meals at once. Any suggestions for the other 70 pounds of ground beef that I have?

Lasagna soup: https://carlsbadcravings.com/easy-one-pot-lasagna-soup/
Taco meat for tacos/burritos/taco salad

Monday: Chipotle Chicken, Rice, Black Beans
Tuesday: Grilled veggie sandwiches, cauliflower tots
Wednesday: Pesto Pasta, roasted broccoli
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Buffalo Chicken

What about a pot of chili? I love chili. I did a Google search for meal prep recipes using ground beef. Here is the link. Hope it works!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=mea...print-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Doing good so far this week. Following my menu as planned. The only change is that my daughter wasn't feeling well so I brought her the fried rice I had in the freezer for tomorrow's meal. Tomorrow night we are having London broil frozen veggies from freezer and I'll make fiancee a baked potato. I am most likely will skip the turkey soup on Saturday and move it to next week. I don't want to be turkey souped out. We have homemade chicken pot pie in the freezer so I am going to make that for him Saturday. I am going to have an eggwhite and veggie omelette with reduced fat cheese.

I have not gone to the grocery store yet this week. I have to finished out this week and next for my challenge (have spent $30 out of $60). I am going to continue to do this until my freezers are cleared out. I am starting to see room!!

I am WAY off plan again. The last 2 days I have forgotten to take the stuff needed out of the freezer. Gonna get back on plan tomorrow (going to grab the steak out of the freezer right NOW)!

Alright, here is this weeks menu. 4 day work week so yay.

Breakfast: Vanilla greek yogurt, fruit, and granola
Lunch:Teriyaki Chicken, rice, mixed roasted vegetables
Dinner:
Tonight: Baked potato and roasted asparagus
Tomorrow: Spicy chicken sandwiches, veggie tots, and raw vegetables with dip
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Out with my friend
Thursday: Frozen deep dish pizza
Friday: L/O

What a fun thread!!!

Today I made spaghetti sauce. The real kind that takes 3-4 hours. LOL
All the fam will be together tomorrow to watch the Masters and This is a real treat always better the next day soooo

Sunday dinner:
Buccantini with Mom's spaghetti sauce
Homemade Italian Bread
Typical Italian salad with Balsamic

DH, DD and I are WFPB, but this is a Masters tradition and DS IS coming home..... hahaha

What a fun thread!!!

Today I made spaghetti sauce. The real kind that takes 3-4 hours. LOL
All the fam will be together tomorrow to watch the Masters and This is a real treat always better the next day soooo

Sunday dinner:
Buccantini with Mom's spaghetti sauce
Homemade Italian Bread
Typical Italian salad with Balsamic

DH, DD and I are WFPB, but this is a Masters tradition and DS IS coming home..... hahaha

Sounds delicious!!!

Doing really good on my budget. Spent $41 out of my $60 budget. I only have one week left out of the four weeks. I think I am going to do another month of this. I still have so much in my freezer and pantry.

Tonight we are skipping the chicken parmesan. we are celebrating my daughters borthday. We are having BBQ chicken breast, Mac salad, and veggies. For her birthday treat I made banana pudding cheesecake pie.

Tommorow night using leftover steak we will be having Philly cheese steak sandwiches with provelone. Mine will be bunless.

For the rest of the week I plan on making pepper steak and rice for him ( 2 meals).

Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes (for him) and a veg from the freezer.

Chicken casserole and a veggie using up leftover roasted chicken.

baked salmon, rice, veggie from freezer

breakfast for dinner omelettes, bagel and hash browns for him.

this will get me to the start of another 4 weeks and a new $60 challenge

Last edited:
So, hit my local Safeway, and it was the best meat clear out pricing ever! I got $1.99 85% organic grassfed "everything free" 85/15 1lb packages of ground beef and preformed hamburger, $1.99/lb 98% FF turkey breast cutlets, and $3 for 20oz all natural thick cut bacon - 22 lbs of meat later, and my total grocery bill (will all the rest of my groceries) didn't top $160. So, I'm gonna use the beef for us, and the bacon when my mom comes Thursday (b/c she LOVES BLT's...so, the A will be for us:)...here's my plan...

Sun (Palm Sunday Church) - $5.99 2 topping larges from Pizza Hut, Fresh Strawberries
Mon - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole (with fresh portbellos, red onion, and green onion), More Fresh Strawberries
Tues - Beef and 3 Bean Chili (I made Apple Soup for the last soup dinner Friday, so I still have all the beans, so it's time to use them) topped with sour cream, cheese, and chips, Sliced Pears
Wed - Chili Mac and Cheese, Strawberries and Bananas
Thurs - BLTAs, Baked Fries, Apple Slices
Fri - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp over Buttered Orzo, Green Leaf/Tomato/Veg Salad
Sat - Date Night (OUT) - Kids and Mom will get preferred fast food and spouse and I are using a Groupon on the shelf
Sun - Brunch - Cowboy Christmas Casserole, Cinnamon Buns, Fresh Fruit Salad, Coffee and Fresh Squeezed OJ - Dinner will have a Fresh Fruit Soup (one I've made on all these Fridays - my mom will pick her favorite - and Chinese Ordered In (My mom didn't want spring veg risotto, my normal Easter meal, and she knew I did Chinese sometimes for Easter, so she specifically asked for it - since she's paying to travel here, I'll be making her happy:) - Dessert will be candy and probably a coconut cake (since it goes so well with chocolate)...

Doing good so far. Tonight we had the Philly cheese steak. Tomorrow we are having breakfast for dinner. I went on line and found tons of yummy looking casseroles to help me use up the rest of the whole chicken I am roasting. I can also use up the chicken legs I have in the freezer this way. I even found a ham and potato casserole to use up the diced ham I have in the freezer.
i looked in my produce drawer tonight. I am not buying any produce until I use up what I have in my drawers. I was telling my fiancee tonight that I am tired of throwing out produce. I have a cucumber, a couple of onions, two heads or romaine lettuce, a small head of cabbage, a 1/4 bag baby carrots, and celery. This doesn't include the bags of frozen veggies I have in our freezer. going to incorporate these veggies into the menu (either in the freezer or in my produce drawer). I definitely have enough to get us thru the week. I think the carrots,an onion, and celery will be incorporated in the chicken casserole along with some random leftover veggies in the fridge and freezer.
next week we will buy more from aldis if needed as my $60 month limit starts. Not going to purchase bell peppers as I found several packs of sliced bell pepper in the freezer that need to be used up.

Have a good night everyone!!

It's Easter Week!!! Thankfully, this year my mom lives here now and she will be hosting Easter dinner, so that will definitely lighten the food budget. Holidays are always budget busters for me. :-/

Wednesday:
Tuna Noodle
Green Peas

Thursday:
Black Bean Burgers
Tots

Friday:
Baked Potatoes (carry over from last week)

Saturday:
Garlic Honey Meatballs
Brown Rice
Green Beans

Sunday: (Family dinner at Mom and Dad's)
Deviled Eggs
Banana Pudding

Monday:
Veggie Biryani
Garlic Herb Naan

Taco Tuesday:
BBQ Chicken and Avacodo Quesadillas (carry over from last week)
Chips and Salsa

Last edited:
I did a bunch of batch cooking this past weekend - my little one helped out (which was both super fun and a little frustrating). We made lamb meatball patties, asian pork meatballs (for asian noodle soup) and crockpot BBQ chicken. And then I remembered that my parents have some family visiting this week, so I'm likely to have a few meals with them instead of at home!

This week is:

M- Tofu stirfry with noodles
T- Asian noodle Soup
W - Dinner at my parents
Th- BBQ chicken Sandwiches, cabbage salad
F- Maybe out with family, or Lamb Meatballs in homemade naan
Sa- Pizza
Su- Easter dinner at my parents'

Tuesday: Lemon-garlic mahi mahi and roasted asparagus
Wednesday: Potatoes, brussels sprouts, bratwurst
Thursday: burritos

Doing my grocery shopping since it is a holiday at my work so I am off (and being paid woohoo!). So here is my plan for next week!

Breakfast: Fruit, hardboiled eggs, and english muffins
Lunch: Baked potato with cheese sauce, broccoli, bacon, and sour cream
Dinner:
Tonight: Frozen deep dish pizza
Tomorrow: L/O
Saturday: Chicken and veggie fajitas, cilantro lime rice
Sunday: Easter brunch with my family, making broccoli and cheddar quiche
Monday: L/O fajitas
Tuesday: L/O fajitas
Wednesday: Baked ocean perch, zucchini
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Thai green coconut curry shrimp, rice/cauliflower rice mix

Doing really good so far this week! My month ends on Tuesday. I have spent $57 out of my $60 limit. Did all of my grocery shopping at aldi and am avoiding the warehouse club. On Wednesday I am going to start a new month of meal planning from the freezer and pantry and a new $60 limit. Thank you for having this thread! I t has been such a help. I just want to use everything up instead of tossing it. It has also has helped big time on the budget. If I can do a third month I will. Just want to keep going until the freezers are empty!!!

Last edited:
Stating the new $60 spending limit Wednesday. No more shopping until the new start. Here's the plan for the upcoming week. Some of the meals are from last week as we had leftovers some nights that I wanted to use before cooking more.

Alfredo lasagna roll ups using leftover roasted chicken and steamed broccoli. ( Will have enough to toss in the freezer for another meal). I will be making myself chicken salad on cucumbers or lettuce

Chilli and homemade cornbread ( having people over for the draft)

Skinnytaste philipino chicken adobo (using up some of the chicken legs in the freezer)steamed broccoli and rice for him

Pepper steak and rice for him (half will go in the freezer)

Turkey soup from the freezer with cheese tortellini for him zoodles for me

One evening we are going to red Robin for my birthday. I have a coupon for a free birthday burger.

Saturday is my birthday. Going to a friend's for dinner. Making a cheesecake banana pudding pie. Will pick up ingredients when the new week starts. Hoping to bring leftovers home. Friend is making a turkey dinner.

Have a good week everyone!! Keep us posted on what you are planning.

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, and we spent the entire afternoon and evening outdoors!

Wednesday:
Turkey Sausage Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Thursday:
Jambalaya
Green Beans
French Bread

Friday:
(Still carrying over) Black Bean Burgers
Tator Tots

Saturday:
WW Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry
Jasmine Rice

Sunday:
Grilled Chicken Legs
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw

Monday:
WW Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole

Taco Tuesday:
WW Chicken Taco Soup

We had a wonderful Easter yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, and we spent the entire afternoon and evening outdoors!

Wednesday:
Turkey Sausage Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Thursday:
Jambalaya
Green Beans
French Bread

Friday:
(Still carrying over) Black Bean Burgers
Tator Tots

Saturday:
WW Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry
Jasmine Rice

Sunday:
Grilled Chicken Legs
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw

Monday:
WW Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole

Taco Tuesday:
WW Chicken Taco Soup

menu looks great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter