Eat at Home 3!

Is this recipe close to what you made for the formerly Buffalo Chicken Penne? https://whitneybond.com/whats-for-lunch-buffalo-chicken-cheesy-penne/

If so, rather than looking for texture from tofu, I might add shredded carrots and celery late in the cooking process (or even on top for crunch) and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles at serving time...If I was going crazy, I might even try sprinkle toasted chopped pecans, since they work really well with blue cheese and buffalo wing sauce (not as sure about pasta, but that's experimenting for you:))...I agree the tofu probably wouldn't work for me...
Wonderful ideas ! I I think I will try the carrots and celery like you suggest . I think it will work well. Thank you :).

Will read all the posts I missed, but here is my plan for next week. I literally got back from my Disney trip like 1.5 hours ago! I am never NEVER driving again!

Tonight: Frozen saag paneer and naan
Tomorrow: Frozen chicken pot pie (or maybe frozen mac and cheese and broccoli, we will see what I feel like)
Monday: Chicken and gnocchi soup with fresh bread
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper style
Saturday: L/O

Gonna work on my meal plans for the next couple of weeks this weekend while I lay in bed recovering. Luckily I have Monday off since I work for the state.

Menu Plan - Week of 10/7

Saturday- cube steak, cauliflower, mac n cheese
Sunday - patty melts, salad
Monday - out to eat
Tuesday - eggs, bacon, grits
Wednesday- pizza
Thursday-chicken broccoli rice casserole
Friday - beef stroganoff

I just got home from vacation.

Sunday: (special night since my brother-in-law just got down to Florida for the winter) grilled ribeyes, potato hash, corn on the cob, bread, egg custard pie.

Monday: beef fajitas

Tuesday: chicken piard (grilled chicken over mixed greens)

Wednesday: burritos

Thursday: chicken and potatoes in a sage sauce

Friday: date night -we go out

Saturday: we are celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and going out again

So, changed up last week a little...we did NOT go out at all, b/c Texas De Brazil is offering a "pay the 1998 price) today and tomorrow...so, since I have a birthday this month, we decided that would be my big family event. Now, even at 1998 prices, it isn't cheap, so we decided that we should skip our normal Sat out...and now, I get to enjoy the nice meal today (and a nice mall trip, b/c ours is at the mall - it's been 6 years since we've gone, so I'm pretty excited to see what's changed...and now I feel old - dang, 6 years:)...

Sat - Homemade Chili (no bean) Cheese Fries, Strawberries
Sun - Stouffer's Lasagna, Pear Slices
Mon - OUT
Tues - Chicken Tacos, Chips and Guacamole, Sliced Pears and Apples
Wed - Chicken Pot Pie in a 9x13 (single top crust), Banana Nut Muffins
Thurs - ?? (I'm not allowed to cook today:))
Fri - Frozen Pizza and Smoothies
Sat - TBD (If we don't go out or do takeout Thursday, we'll do that here...if we do go out, I'll probably make Buffalo Chicken Nachos)

I’ve tweaked my menu board a bit. This week I am doing...
Beef stew
Soup beans
Cornbread
Potato soup
Chili baked potatoes
Pizza
Garlic pork
Dumplings
Meatloaf
Green beans
Peas
Carrots
Roasted broccoli
Parmesan cauliflower

This is for six days. I’m only cooking twice, lots of planned leftovers. Some of this is dinner, some of this is lunch.

Last edited:
Haven't posted in here for a very long time! Glad to see this is still going!!

Last edited:

Joining in!
Tonight-leftover .pork, leftover rice, veggie
Wednesday-veggie and cheese omelettes, toast and fried potatoes for fiancee
Thursday-cheeseburger pie green beans
Friday- veggie burger on lettuce bun for me pulled pork using up.last of the pork last of the rice and a veggie for fiancee
Saturday -leftover cheeseburger pie and a veggie

Being bad tonight. I have had a headache since yesterday morning. I am pretty sure it is weather/sinus related, but it has been horrible. There is no way I can do much of anything tonight so I ordered food to be delivered. Bad me, but sometimes it is needed.

I love how many people do loaded baked potatoes as a dinner option--it's one of my favorites! What are everyone's favorite toppings?!

Rest of the week for us:
Wed: burgers, green beans, fries in the air fryer
Thursday: roast turkey breast, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes
Friday: Hosting a small dinner party and decided to a do a top-your-own mac and cheese bar. Even buying good cheese the mac and cheese is pretty inexpensive--I'll just have to restrain myself with the toppings to keep it cost-effective. The bacon we like recently went up to $7.49 a package, so we'll need to watch it!!

Menu Plan - week of Oct 13th
Saturday- chicken wings and broccoli bites
Sunday - family get together- brought cheese & cracker tray and veggie tray
Monday - salmon, asparagus, leftover broccoli bites
Tuesday - pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday- spaghetti
Thursday - shrimp scampi, zucchini
Friday - leftovers

Sunday - Chicken Tenders, Coleslaw, Strawberries, Banana Nut Muffins
Monday - Chicken Sandwiches with Lettuce and Dijonaise, Baked Hash Brown Patty, Green Grapes, (Leftover Coleslaw for Adults)
Tuesday - Herb and Black Pepper Pork Sirloin Roast, Baked Butternut Squash, Apple Slices, Pear Cinnamon Muffins
Wednesday - Cheeseburgers, Cucumber Dill Salad, Coleslaw, Blackberries and Bananas
Thursday - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash, Strawberries and Blackberries
Friday - Frozen Pizza and Smoothies
Saturday - OUT

Vacation was wonderful!!! We were in Gulf Shores, AL. Since were were west of the storm, we did not get hit with anything at all. My heart does go out to the many who were affected by Hurricane Michael! Here is our menu for the week:

Monday:
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Peas and Carrots

Tuesday:
Sweet and Sour Pork
Jasmine Rice

Wednesday:
Manwich
Baked French Fries

Thursday:
Chicken Parm with Pasta
Garlic Toast

Friday:
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Chips

Saturday:
Roast Turkey Breast with Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans
Cranberry Sauce

Sunday:
Potato Cheese Soup
Crescent Rolls

Monday:
Mickey Pancakes (since our cruise is booked for next year, we will be doing some random Disney fun to count down!)
Eggs
Bacon

Last edited:
I love how many people do loaded baked potatoes as a dinner option--it's one of my favorites! What are everyone's favorite toppings?!

Some of our faves:

BBQ Pork or Chicken
Chili and Cheese
Ground Beef with Onions and Gravy (this is a play on Mince and Tatties)

Last Saturday we broke down and ordered subs. Very expensive. 26 dollars for 2 subs!!! Going to change that this week. We are going to work on paying off credit card debt. Eating ou t does not help that goal.
So far we have been doing good!!!

Monday fiancee had hamburger helper and cucumber salad, I had a protein shake
Tuesday fiancee had hamburger and French fries i had veggie burger on lettuce bun with pickle onions and tomato
Wednesday he had chicken tortellini soup i had egg salad cucumber slices and zucchini
Thursday pancakes sausage and fruit for him veggie ham and cheese omlette for me
Friday turkey sausage peppers and onions and oven fried potatoes for him
Saturday whole chicken in the crockpot mashed potatoes (for him) and steamed broccoli for us
Sunday spaghetti salad and meatballs for him spaghetti squash sauce and meatballs for me

Back from quick trip to visit my cousin. Weather is colder so time to use the crockpot!

Sunday: Family ordered pizza since mom was out of town
Monday: Chicken, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, roasted vegetables, rolls
Tuesday: Chicken & cheese quesadillas, tortilla chips and cheese dip
Wednesday: Hamburgers and mac and cheese
Thursday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
Friday: Alfredo pasta, salad, garlic bread
Saturday: Party at in-laws to celebrate FIL being cancer free!!

Instead of sausage and peppers tonight I warned up leftover chicken tortellini soup and I had turkey ham and a side salad. Tomorrow still plan on having the roasted whole chicken and potatoes. I also am going to make fiancee peach cobbler for sweetest day. Thankfully no eating out!

Weather here finally cooled off a bit- to the 70's- so I finally feel like I can make cozy fall dishes! I am off tomorrow so I'm going to do one more grilling week. The plan in no particular order:

grilled steak with chimichurri and roasted corn
grilled sweet and spicy pork chops with green beans and crusty bread
chicken rellenos with taco rice
grilled chicken sesame wraps with veggies
breakfast for dinner- berry pancakes and bacon
chef salad with ham (on a night DS has to work to use up some leftover stuff that DH and I like)

Sun - Crockpot Korean Stew (Korean-marinated Pork, Baby Radish Kimchi, Country Style Kimchi, Onions, Chinese Eggplant), Naan, Sliced Apples
Mon - Chicken Fajitas, Homemade Guacamole and Chips, Clementines
Tues - Thai Peanut Chicken Tenders, Roasted Asparagus, Rambutan (1st time for this - but I was suckered by HMart deals:)), Apple Blueberry Muffins
Wed - Homemade Chili Cheese Fries, Tomato/Cucumber Salad, Grapes/Apples/More Rambutan Fruit Salad
Thurs - Homemade French Onion Soup (again, thanks for 10lb deals on onions, HMart), Grilled Cheese Dippers (doing the classic soup topping in sandwich form, so it's EASY - Gruyere/Mozza for a nice melt), Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers
Sat - OUT

Did really good this week. No eating out at all! We also have tons of leftovers to work on. i roasted a whole chicken (only cost $1.80) and have a chunk of turkey ham in the fridge so both are going to be repurposed into meals. trying to do breakfast for dinner at least once a week as it's quick and easy on the budget.

Sunday-veggie ham and cheese omelettes with toast fruit and oven fried potatoes for fiancee

Monday-turkey italian sausage peppers and onions with cheese. Fiancee will have this on rolls .

Monday-left over chicken tortellini soup for fiancee-for myself left over low carb meatloaf mashed cauliflower green beans

Tuesday- low carb chicken and broccoli casserole using left chicken from tonight and rice for fiancee (making only half a recipe)

Wednesday -leftover night

thursday- chicken quesadillas using left over chicken and Spanish rice, sour cream, salsa for fiancee. For myself salad with leftover chicken.

Friday- Apple spice pancakes with breakfast sausage for fiancee. Veggie and cheese omlette with ham or veggie burger on a lettuce bun for me

Saturday-ham and salad for me ham mashed potatoes crescent rolls green beans for him.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter