Eat at Home 3!

Changing today b/c I got a salmon deal...also, a lot of Mexican b/c of the deals...
Fri - Baked Fresh Salmon with Lemon, Butter and Dill, Asian Salad Bag, Berries, French Bread
Sat - OUT (3 members of fam at game convention and I have the youngest members...we agreed to stick to $10/person for the day, since they are bringing food and I'm only gonna take my crew out for a quick dinner:))
Sun - 3 Cheese Tortellini in a Browned Butter Sauce, Caesar Salad, Sliced Plums
Mon - Beef and Bean Enchiladas, Mexican Salad Bag, Strawberries
Tues - Beef Soft Tacos, Refried Beans, Sliced Apples
Wed - App Night (Fridays Skins and Mozza Sticks and Totinos Pizza Bites), Kale Chopped Salad, Sliced Plums and Apples
Thurs - Spaghetti Squash Bolognese, Blueberry Muffins, Fruit Smoothies
Fri - TBD:)...

The rest of this week and all of next. In no particular order.

* Green chili cheeseburgers / hot dogs and french fries or tater tots
* Green chili stew and tortillas
* Steak and veggies
* Red chili enchiladas and calabacitas
* Pioneer Woman pot roast
* One pan chicken and potatoes
* Cilantro lime shrimp and rice
* Kitchen closed night x2 ;)

I'm pretty sure the only groceries I'll need to buy to cover all of this is a bag of potatoes, a bag of carrots, zucchini, corn, lime, cilantro and manteca (to make the tortillas).

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Tonight: Trader Joe's chicken pot pie (I forgot to take the chicken out *sigh*)
Tomorrow: Frozen pizza (not at all healthy, but I don't want to make what I meant to make tonight because it will mess the rest of the week up)
Sunday: Instant Pot Cajun Rice with chicken and sausage
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Chicken Pad Thai
Friday: L/O

Breakfast is yogurt and nuts or burritos
Lunch will be veggie hummus wraps 3 days and salad 2 days
Snack will be boiled eggs and baby carrots with hummus

We leave for the beach tomorrow. It’s a budget trip so we are taking almost all our food.

We get three big breakfasts for free. We will fast food one, and wing another one.
Lunch is salad, plus turkey and ham sandwiches.
Dinner...
Shrimp fried rice
Lasagna
Meatloaf
Lemon pepper chicken
Chinese one night.
Grilled chicken sandwiches (cow calendar cards)
BLTs and soup

Menu Plan - week of Sept 8
Saturday - takeout pizza
Sunday - takeout Chinese
Monday - pork chops, rice, green beans
Tuesday - eggs, sausage, grits, strawberries
Wednesday- shrimp stir fry with broccoli/peppers
Thursday - steak, baked sweet potatoes and salad
Friday- chicken and peppers, corn, tomatoes/ cucumbers salad

Saturday: College Football day - Buffalo chicken dip, Baked Apples, Chips and Cheese dip
Sunday: Broccoli Cheese soup and Chili
Monday: Grilled cheese and leftover soup
Tuesday: Sloppy Joes, Mac and Cheese, roasted carrots
Wednesday: Chicken and Rice
Thursday: Homemade Pizza, salad
Friday: Leftovers

Last week we did:
Cajun beef & beans w/rice.
grilled steak and grilled veggies with rolls
Philly cheese steaks with tater tots
Italian stuffed baked potatoes
sausage penne with veggies
Friday I worked a bit late and since it was just DH and I, he picked up Raisin' Cane's on the way home
Saturday we went out to dinner after church as usual

Sun. DH pressure washed the house, driveway, and deck and I did big cleaning inside, so I made pesto grilled chicken salad for dinner.
Last night I was at work till after 9pm because of hurricane prep. Store manager and I had conference calls, making sure we had our phone tree set up and all leadership was able to contact their direct reports, getting everything shut down, and having the hurricane shutters installed. I was just snacking on stuff I had at work. We still had leftover Cajun beef and beans so the guys turned that into Frito pie.

Even though an evacuation has been ordered we feel safe to stay where we're at. We have a generator for the fridge, a propane grill, and two Coleman camping stoves if we lose power. I still plan to make the following though I may have to improvise how I make things a few days. I also stocked up on some canned goods.
Mexican tater tot casserole
Philly style pizza
creamy chicken and spinach pasta
taco shepherd's pie
Hawaiian ham & pineapple sliders w/fruit and chips
pork & waffles w/maple pear topping
Italian enchiladas

Anyone out their in Florence's path- I'm praying for you!

Getting to this a bit late.

Today: Goan fish curry (first curry I've ever made with tamarind paste, so different for us, but we liked it), Indian potatoes with spinach, basmati rice, garlic naan
Wednesday: really not sure . . . maybe hummus and veggies to supplement leftovers
Thursday: Crispy pan fried chicken thighs, braised red cabbage, buttered noodles
Friday: Thai tofu green curry and rice
Saturday: Buttermilk chicken tenders with orange sriracha sauce and ranch for dipping, salad
Sunday: (Family dinner at my parents' house. I'm bringing apps of some sort, which may end up being a cheese and fruit tray if I'm lazy.)

Luckily for us, Florence did nothing more than bring rain. Stores are supposed to be opening back up again tomorrow but I'm not anticipating being able to pick up a lot. I cleaned out the fridge and pantry so I've got a few things I'm making based on what I need to use up plus the extra things I already had planned. We ended up doing leftovers buffet one night. Here's the week's plan:

Sun (off): tuna pitas with fruit and chips
Mon (8-5): Italian enchiladas
Tue (1-10): creamy chicken and spinach pasta
Wed (off): grilled bbq chicken, baked beans, and salad
Thu (8-5): pork & waffles w/maple pear topping
Fri (8-5): taco shepherd's pie

Tonight: Frozen palak paneer, naan, and rice
Tomorrow: Instant Pot ribs, slaw, and corn bread
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Out with friend
Thursday: BLT add A, cesear salad
Friday: L/O

Went off track last week, so have some carry overs...

Cilantro lime shrimp and rice
Green chili stew and homemade tortillas
One pan chicken and potatoes
Red chili enchiladas and calabacitas
Dragon noodles
Fish tacos
Takeout

I got some ridiculously great deals this week that I am going to meal plan off of next week.

First, I got a five pound pork roast for $5. So from that I am doing...
Chinese bbq pork and garlic green beans
Green salsa pork (I don’t know the real name), Mexican rice and refried beans
Shredded pork with white gravy, with potatoes and peas

Then Kroger did simple truth uncured ham marked down to $1 a pound, and priceless did breakfast sausage for .99 when you bought 12. So my freezer is ridiculously full.

The last four meals are going to be..
Ham quiche and fruit salad
White bean, sausage and roasted sweet pepper soup
Egg roll in a bowl
Chef salad (kale, cabbage, egg, ham, cheese, tomato, cucumber)

I’ll make an extra ham quiche for breakfast, and they requested sausage balls. We also have a ton of cereal.
The hubs wants tacos, soup beans, and spaghetti for lunches.

I have everything I need except for some fruit, kale, cabbage, cucumber, onions, eggs, flour, and butter.

So, Church is feeding us 2 days in a row (tonight and Sunday), so I have a short week to plan for...I'm not gonna shop til Monday, and only do a fill in run b/c I have some stuff here, so I'll work with what I have 1st:)...

Sun - Church dinner (no idea what it is, but free food is free food - it's parents' night at youth group, and we got called to come, so we'll show to support)
Mon - Turkey Meatballs Muffins, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Homemade Carrot/Apple Muffins
Tues - Homemade Fettucini Alfredo with Sauteed Spinach on Top, Strawberries
Wed - Homemade Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Sliced Peaches (these might go in the grilled cheese if I get inspired enough - thinking about this one - https://foodal.com/recipes/sandwiches/peach-grilled-cheese/ - might mix American with Brie, since I have both, and American tends to be a "plain" flavor)
Thurs - 3-Way Chili Spaghetti (Chili, Cheese, Carmelized Onions), Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Fridays' Apps (spouse did frozen pizza this week vs apps, but he's in charge again, so maybe this time), Leftover Chili (could be Chili Cheese Fries for dinner, instead, if there's enough) Zucchini Apple Muffins
Sat - OUT (Game Night and we're celebrating a birthday, so I will need to bake a cake)

Wed - Homemade Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Sliced Peaches (these might go in the grilled cheese if I get inspired enough - thinking about this one - https://foodal.com/recipes/sandwiches/peach-grilled-cheese/ - might mix American with Brie, since I have both, and American tends to be a "plain" flavor)

I'm coming to your house for dinner! I love butternut squash soup, but the rest of the family- NO!
Thanks for sharing the grilled cheese recipe though. I saved it so I can try sometime. I'm thinking apples with Brie.

I'm coming to your house for dinner! I love butternut squash soup, but the rest of the family- NO!
Thanks for sharing the grilled cheese recipe though. I saved it so I can try sometime. I'm thinking apples with Brie.

Yeah, I might try apples or even better, pears, with Brie...but I have peaches to use for now (but this is fall coming, so I know the apple and pear deals will start being all over:)...

Menu Plan - week is of September 15th
A bit difficult this week due to the storm but plan if we don’t lose power-
Saturday- leftover spaghetti
Sunday - chicken and peppers (rolled from last week)
Monday - grilled burgers , pasta salad, baked beans
Tuesday - steak, roasted potatoes, green beans
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - cauliflower soup
Friday - pizza
If we lose power - menu is peanut butter crackers and granola bars - LOL

Ok - I will play along. We belong to Plated and get 3 meals a week picked out for us.

This week:

Sunday - went to a luncheon at a neighbors.

Monday - Soy glazed chicken with lifelong noodles.

Tuesday - Cuban beef picadillo over cilantro-lime rice.

Wednesday - Soy glazed steak with sweet potato fries.

Thursday - Orange chicken, chicken fried rice, and veggie spring rolls.

Friday - date nite and we always go out.

Saturday - TBD.

I used to be a regular poster...but, life got busy and I fell off the Disboards for a while. I always loved to post our weekly meal plans here, and to get inspiration for new stuff. We love to keep variety in our meals, and I am not afraid to at least TRY any recipe. Our meal plans start on Wednesdays, so here is our upcoming menu with recipe links.

Wednesday:
Brunswick Stew (pulled pork from the freezer) https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/easy-brunswick-stew/
Corn Muffins

Thursday:
Chicken Pancit Noodle Bowls https://www.pickledplum.com/pancit-recipe-filipino/

Friday:
Smoked Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Baked Potatoes

Saturday:
Celebration of Life service for a friend, with dinner following

Sunday:
Zoo Day and Mellow Mushroom for DD's birthday

Monday:
Honey Ginger Pork Chops
http://www.couponingtodisney.com/kristins-kitchen-slow-cooker-honey-ginger-pork-chops/
Easy Fried Rice
Oven Roasted Broccoli

Taco Tuesday:
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
http://foodyschmoodyblog.com/instan...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Last edited:
Saturday: Cheeseburger pie
Sunday: Spinach Feta Stuffed chicken breasts, roasted carrots
Monday: Pesto Pasta, salad
Tuesday: Turkey dogs, fries
Wednesday: Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!