Eat and drink till we drop! An Adults Only Trip! - Updated 12/30 & Completed

Once we were there, we realized we had been talking about different resaurants!

That is funny! But it's a good sign that there are multiple restaurants here that are that good to go back to. We're staying there for a few nights on our next trip and I've never even seen WL before. It looks beautiful in the pictures, I'm excited!

I do perfer by BBQ sweeter than spicy.

Me too!

and so Andy could get ready, as Monday he started his new job!

Wow, that was a quick turnaround! I hope the new job is going well. Glad you got an adults-only trip! I will talk my husband into one some day :)

45248695202_fc91f01ec9.jpg
So beautiful :cloud9:

But the winner of the meal... those waffle fries!!! They sprinkled cornmeal on them and it added a nice extra touch.
YUM!

It was a great first Adults only trip for us! And luckily Andy really enjoyed it.
I'm so glad to hear it! :hyper: Thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes

We're staying there for a few nights on our next trip and I've never even seen WL before. It looks beautiful in the pictures, I'm excited!
Like I said we love it! It just feels homey. But we also love taking the boat to magic kingdom. It is the best way to get there. Small line for bag check, nice calm ride over, and it is the shortest walk from the entrance in! I think you guys will really enjoy it with the girls. They have 2 sizes of boats to use, the larger one, you don't need to fold up the stroller but the smaller ones you do. But the boat is still way easier than the bus for sure!

I'm so glad to hear it! :hyper: Thanks for sharing it with us! :goodvibes
Thanks for following along!

Looks like a lovely end to the trip! Glad you enjoyed your adult time!
Thanks. It was a great first trip. And I am super excitied that DH liked it so much that he was the one the other day to bring it up!

They have 2 sizes of boats to use, the larger one, you don't need to fold up the stroller but the smaller ones you do. But the boat is still way easier than the bus for sure!

That’s exactly why my husband wants to stay there! He stayed at a different resort as a kid where they could take a boat to MK and he said it was the best. Do you know how often they run the larger boats? Not needing to fold the stroller would be amazing!!

Do you know how often they run the larger boats? Not needing to fold the stroller would be amazing!!
I don't know. I am sure if you asked on the Wilderness Lodge Resort thread someone would know. But it felt like they alternated big / little / big. But I have no idea if that is true or not. Either way, it is a much more plesant was to go. The girls will have to get out of the stroller regardless.

We stayed there a few trips back and we stayed for the fireworks, and both the girls fell asleep in the stroller while we were waiting for the boat. Never had they ever slept in the stroller or after that... And of course this random medium sized boat comes that we had to fold the stroller up. So, I had to carry one girl on leave her, grab the other girl while andy wrangled all of hte stuff and stroller. Thankfully there was 2 nice couples behind us who said they left there kids at home and helped us out.

Seems like a great getaway! And always good when it convinces the hubby to do another! I got DH on board for another quick Christmas trip next year if we can rent DVC points for Boulder Ridge after our Christmas trip haha

I am sad that they took the crab cake sandwich off of Geyser's Points menu! That was my favorite meal from there!

Seems like a great getaway! And always good when it convinces the hubby to do another! I got DH on board for another quick Christmas trip next year if we can rent DVC points for Boulder Ridge after our Christmas trip haha
That would be amazing!

I am sad that they took the crab cake sandwich off of Geyser's Points menu! That was my favorite meal from there!
I hope it's just a temporary thing... Who knows. I was sad that I didn't get to have the crab cake eggs benedict that they had on the breakfast menu when it first opened.

I forgot to reply to you both. Sorry...

Looks like you all had a great night, even if you had to do some parenting remotely.
I forgot to also say that Andy's mom was afraid Morgan would get Hair Mold from one nights sleep with wet hair... Oye!

I still can't believe you pulled this one off. I'm pretty sure our next adults only trip is 10 years off
Maybe Gwen can put in a good word that it isn't THAT bad that the parents desert the kids and go to the happiest place on earth without them.

Yikes! We'd never eaten here because I was worried about how crowded it got. Apparently the answer is a lot.
There was 2 or 3 college football games on at the time as well. So, the hotesess did say that depending on the games, would also depend on how long the wait would be. So, a night without the game, it would hopefully be a little better?!? maybe.

Great finish to an adults only trip. I've got to do that now that we are DVC members I think that will make things a little easier.

Loved reading about your dinner at Geyser Point. We joined DVC at Copper Creek so I'm sure that will be a regular place for us!

Geyser Point looks like a great place. If I ever get to WL, I will have to try it.

I enjoyed following along with your adults only adventure. I would love to do a trip like this sometime!

Sounds like a great last night! I'm glad it was a successful adults only trip and you plan on doing another one!
Thanks it really was. Can't wait to hear about your trip! You leave soon!!!!

I enjoyed following along with your adults only adventure. I would love to do a trip like this sometime!
Thanks. It was kind of like, why didn't we do this sooner kind of thing.

I just found your report tonight and read it all. I can't wait to get to Toy Story Land. Our oldest is/was toy story obsessed. He is 12 and still has the characters in his room although not always visible. Your trip seemed nice and relaxing. My brother and sister in law just went in November on an adults only trip. They tried to get us to go. I wish we could've gone, but we took the kids skiing for Christmas. I'm jealous you will be back in the World so soon. I think AP just make sense for you guys :goodvibes

I'm so glad you had such an awesome adults only trip!! Time to start planning the next one! :)
ALWAYS!!!! ;) I did realize today, that I had started coming up with the triple stay idea when we were in Disney last February. We hadn't even left yet and I was thinking about our next trip.

I just found your report tonight and read it all. I can't wait to get to Toy Story Land. Our oldest is/was toy story obsessed. He is 12 and still has the characters in his room although not always visible.
Thanks for reading!!! He will def love it. I jsut wish it was here when the girls were in there prime of loving Toy Story. We put a bunch of the figures away and a box. And my husband was more sad than my girls.

My brother and sister in law just went in November on an adults only trip. They tried to get us to go. I wish we could've gone, but we took the kids skiing for Christmas
There will always be a next time. Silly kids getting in the way of your Disney trips..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter