easy hot apple cider recipe needed

mimi2930

Earning My Ears
I need an easy recipe for apple cider that I can let the kids at the christmas party we are having get together and mix it.

Hot Spiced Cider

serves about 20

1 gal. apple cider
32 whole alspice
32 whole cloves
4 sticks cinnamon
1 c. brown sugar

Combine cider, spices, and sugar in large pot. (I often use a coffee pot.) Let it come to a slow boil, then let it simmer as long as you need. Easy and so yummy!

Apple juice and red hots candy on the stove or by the cup in the microwave is pretty tasty. The more red hots you add the "spicer" the taste.

TK

This is a recipe from Kraft that I have served both hot and iced.

I have had children make the mix and packaged it for them to give to their mother for Mother's Day. I know it doesn't have apple cider, but cider isn't available year round.

Russian Tea Mix

1 1/3 cups Tang Brand Orange Flavor Drink Mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup instant tea
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Mix all ingredients. Store in tightly covered jar.

For 1 serving, place 1 tablespoon mix into cup. Add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir until mix dissolves.
For 4 servings(1 quart), place 1/3 cup into heatproof pitcher or bowl. Add 4 cups (1 quart) boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Reduced sugar version: reduce sugar to 1/4 cup and substitute 1 cup Tang Sugar Free Drink Mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter