Eastern Excursion question

DisneyNett

Earning My Ears
I was told to book in advance for the St. Martin & St. Thomas excursions which are pretty pricey. But then I was also informed by someone that I can get the same excursions when I get off the ship, because there are supposedly vendors waiting outside the boat waiting on your business, and their prices are considerably less.

Is this true?

Also has any tried the Atlantis submarine or golden eagle catamaran? And was it worth it?

We just got off the 7/26 Magic and did both the excursions you asked about.

Eagle Catamaran in St. Martin is one of my favorites memories of the cruise. It was a blast!!!!! It was a bit choppy that day and it really added to the fun, kids were having a ball up toward the front. Unfortunately because it was choppy snorkling wasn't great though. The beach we went to was very nice. They have beer and water on the beach then sandwiches, soda, rum punch and champagne for the ride back. We loved it!!

My DH and DS did the Atlantis Submarine. They thought it was really cool. They saw sharks, barricudas, tons of fish. My son is still talking about it.

We, too, did both those excursions. The catamaran we did through Disney because we felt if anything happened (boat breaks down, etc) they would wait for us since it was sponsored by them. We left the 5 kids on the ship while the adults did this alone so missing the boat was NOT an option! It was great! Next time we will definately take the kids!

The two boys (10) and my parents did the Atlantis Submarine and they LOVED it! It was a highlight (aisde from room service!) of their cruise! I don't know about booking outside of Disney but I'm sure someone will.

Thank you for your replys. I will definetly be booking the Catamaran and Atlantis, I feel better knowing that they were both worth it.
I'm still wondering about booking outside of disney though.

How was shopping in Marigot? Is the island food good?

I didn't see alot of tour operators waiting at the ships. I did see alot of taxi drivers as soon as you get off in st. thomas who were willing to take you to the beaches or on tour of the island. We went to Maegans Bay early (unknown to us we were amoung the first to get off the boat) and stayed their until 11:30am then DH and DS did the last offered sub ride at 12:50 after they grabbed lunch on board. In St. Maarten I never even saw the taxi drivers or tour operators because the stand was off to the right and after the catamaran me and DD went shopping and took the ferry across. (kids under 12 are free on ferry, $5 for everyone else for allday pass)

I know I may have paid a tad more for Disney excursions but as previously stated the ship will wait for you if they are late. If you go on your own and have a problem then too bad for you...you may miss it. That piece of mind was worth the extra $$. Also, the Golden Eagle trip only had Disney people on so it was mostly families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter