Eastern cruises... is Tortola "back"??

Yes, I stayed up til midnight to book the baths excursion on Tortola for our May cruise. And then Disney announced a couple weeks later that the ship,wasn’t even going to stop on Tortola.

Disney letting you book excursions doesn’t guarantee the ship will stop at a certain port.

How did Disney let you know about the itinerary change? Email?

How did Disney let you know about the itinerary change? Email?
It was email for my cruise, yeah. There will also be 76 posts here asking about excursions on the new island. Which will probably be SXM.

Given that SXM is definitely the worse for wear, that DCL has felt it a better option than Tortola definitely speaks to the damage of the BVI. I had a good day on SXM, but I have heard other people a little less pleased with their days.

"There will also be 76 posts here asking about excursions on the new island." :rotfl2: So true!

I'm really hoping for SXM. My kids are young so I'd love to take the water ferry across to the Great Bay beach area. Seems like a good area for them to enjoy the beach, have a snack, and not too far from the boat.

We have an Eastern booked for Jan 2019. I've already picked which port excursion we will do at St Maarten just in case Disney still isn't going to Tortola by then.

In fact, I fly into Houston from Shannon, Ireland at midnight the 20th/21st. Fly from IAH to MCO early the 21st. My struggle will be to stay awake all day Friday the 21st. LOL! It’s going to be a real adventure....15 days in Ireland with my husband for our 25th Anniversary then immediately another 7 days of cruising with my friends. We are staying in a Copper Creek cabin the night before the cruise. That should be fun. I just hope I’m not so zombie-fied I don’t enjoy it. LOL! How about you?
We're local to South Florida and will drive up (about 2.5 hours) the morning of the 22nd. We will be celebrating our anniversary on the cruise! By the way, you are in for a real treat staying in a CC Cabin. I don't know if you saw this or not but I did a review of Cabin 8025 in February after we stayed there for 3 nights......

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-lovers-group•.3631019/page-48#post-58835000

Good luck with your pre-cruise rest!

We're local to South Florida and will drive up (about 2.5 hours) the morning of the 22nd. We will be celebrating our anniversary on the cruise! By the way, you are in for a real treat staying in a CC Cabin. I don't know if you saw this or not but I did a review of Cabin 8025 in February after we stayed there for 3 nights......

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/page-48#post-58835000

Good luck with your pre-cruise rest!
Very nice! Your review will be my airplane read. Waiting on our flight to MCO now for a quick 4 night. Hubby was having a Castaway craving. LOL!

I need to reach out to the last charter company we used for Tortola. I forget the name just now. If we end up going to Tortola I’m hopeong to use the same fella to get our group of ladies over to The Baths. I’ve also done it by using Speedy’s ferries but much prefer a private ride. But, honestly, I’ve been to Tortola 3x. I’ve only been to SXM once. I’d be perfectly happy going to SXM & spending a day at Sunset Bar.

Im on the May 5th cruise. DL told us about a month ago we were going to SXM. Then they loaded the generic excursion list knowing that many were never going to be available. The excursions they did get were mostly limited to later in the day. I just booked the sea lion swim on my own for 9AM.

Our cruise in November stops in st. Kitts and Tortola. If they are still not open by then, can anyone tell me what the other stop might be switched to? Would it be St Maarten as well?

They we're booking Tortola stuff for concierge for January cruises before they switched,and for later cruises as well. I would not look at "being allowed to book" meaning it will be your port, KWIM? Until they announce a switch they always act like normal. After the switch they run around like beheaded chickens.

Very true. The dolphins were relocated and have not even returned to either Tortola or ST Maarten, yet DCL kept booking the excursions. Set people up for disappointment.

Heeeyyyyy!!! So it seems from recent travelers that The Baths is, in fact, back in shape. Crossing my fingers for Tortola in September!

I have not been keeping up, Is DCL able to dock in Tortola yet?

Not as of this past week. We went to St. Maarten instead. We are going again mid September and so far it is noted as Tortola. St. Maarten and St. Thomas aren't really that repaired either at this stage of the game, but better off than Tortola.

So we just got back from the Fantasy on Saturday and visited St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Honestly, both islands are still in pretty rough shape so I cannot imagine what Tortola looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter