Eastern caribbean port adventure options, sailing with children

hecmd23

Earning My Ears
Hi, just got of the Dream and used my placeholder to book SWDAS in 2021. Looking at excursions available, would anyone recommend must do stuff while on port (Tortola and St. Thomas). Doing my research for Tortola, looks like a day at the Baths is something we can do, but I’m just worried my 2 boys are still too young with the exploring part (we have an 8 year old and 2.5 year old at that time)

Then at St. Thomas, I’m looking at Magen’s Bay, or doing Coral World, or just do the Skyride. We just didn't want to go to three different beaches for this sailing (though the wife probably won’t complain about that) and frankly I don’t think any other beach can top CC at this time (according to my oldest boy).

So, any insight will help since I’m an early planner. Thanks for all the help!

We just did Secret Sands (St Thomas) and loved it. Fewer than 20 people were on the excursion - got dropped off at a beautiful empty beach with beach chairs, pool noodles, drinks and bathrooms. Vendors - none. Iguanas - two. Weddings - one (2 people and the officiant a little ways away). It was fantastic. We have had horrible beach excursions with DCL where we felt like part of a giant herd. This was exactly the opposite.

We just did Secret Sands (St Thomas) and loved it. Fewer than 20 people were on the excursion - got dropped off at a beautiful empty beach with beach chairs, pool noodles, drinks and bathrooms. Vendors - none. Iguanas - two. Weddings - one (2 people and the officiant a little ways away). It was fantastic. We have had horrible beach excursions with DCL where we felt like part of a giant herd. This was exactly the opposite.
We are planning on doing this excursion in February. Was there time to do some shopping too?

I would not take a not yet 3 year old to the Baths. I don't know that Disney's excursion even allows that young. There is not room to carry a child and they have to be able to go alone.

Edit: checked. DCL is minimum 5. They are not wrong.

I would not take a not yet 3 year old to the Baths. I don't know that Disney's excursion even allows that young. There is not room to carry a child and they have to be able to go alone.

Edit: checked. DCL is minimum 5. They are not wrong.

Sounds good, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, my wife thought it was a bad idea carrying him in between those boulders. We will probably do it when he is a bit older, on hopefully one of the newer ships!

I guess we will just do one of the beaches, either Beef island or White Bay beach.

we will definitely look into this, thanks!

We enjoyed Coral World. It's good for kids. Just don't expect a Monterey Bay Aquarium type experience. It is much smaller scale. But admission is $23.50 instead of $49.95 at Monterey Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter