Eastern Caribbean itinerary

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
I wish Disney would add an additional Port stop to the 7 night Eastern. We don't seem to love sea days, so I don't know if we will try the Eastern as it is now. If they were going to add another port to that route, what would be your top choices??

I love sea days so this doesn't bother me at all. I think I could stay on the ship all 7 days without issue!

I don't think they could go as far as Tortola and add another stop since they seem to really be "speeding" to get back to Castaway. Seems like adding a port, even on the way out, might not leave enough time.

We've done 3 EC and 1 WC, with another WC booked for next year. I wouldn't want them to add another port stop to the EC, unless maybe it could be stopping at CC twice!! I would like to see some new port stops, I don't even care where they go, just go to some new places, please!!! We went on the Wonder last year to San Juan and was scheduled for St Maarten, but bad weather cancelled that. They only offered that cruise twice last year, it would be nice if they could do it more than that. Hoping when they get the new ships they will have some new places, that don't break the bank to go to.

I think it would be a matter of substituting one port for another, rather than replacing a sea day with another port. The eastern islands are further away, and our cruise was already very rocky and windy (so windy that the Aqua Duck was closed on 2 sea days) as we raced to get there over the course of the initial two sea days. I can't imagine trying to get to the Eastern islands in just one day. And later, it does take them a full day to get from the Eastern islands up to Castaway Cay.

We're booked for the 9-night Eastern in 2020. That one will have some ports of call (St. Kitts, Martinique, Antigua) that aren't the usual for their Eastern cruise. But I also wish they would mix up their standard cruise itineraries more.

Last edited:

Well, they could always add in Nassau. That's what I have on Celebrity next Feb - San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau.

I think it would be a matter of substituting one port for another, rather than replacing a sea day with another port. The eastern islands are further away, and our cruise was already very rocky and windy (so windy that the Aqua Duck was closed on 2 sea days) as we raced to get there over the course of the initial two sea days. I can't imagine trying to get to the Eastern islands in just one day. And later, it does take them a full day to get from the Eastern islands up to Castaway Cay.

We're booked for the 9-night Eastern in 2020. That one will have some ports of call (St. Kitts, Martinique, Antigua) that aren't the usual for their Eastern cruise. But I also wish they would mix up their standard cruise itineraries more.

What was your sail date for the rocky sea days?

We are considering an EC itinerary on the Fantasy for our next cruise, and I prefer it with three sea days. We like a lot of relaxation on our cruises, and going to two new ports is enough for us. As it is, we will likely only do a major excursions in St. Thomas (going to St. John to check USVI National Park off our National Parks list!) We did a 7-night Wonder sailing in 2017 and liked the balance of 3 sea days and 3 port days.

OP, you might consider one of the Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan on the Wonder. These are port intensive and go to islands that many casual cruisers wouldn't have visited. I've booked these itineraries for clients who have "been there, done that" with Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, and they always enjoy the Southern Caribbean options.

We LOVE sea days and wouldn't want them to add another port. Actually our cruise in March to the EC we only got off the ship for about an hour total in Tortola and St Thomas. We stayed on the Empty ship and enjoyed as much as we could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter