Eastern Caribbean Excursions/Activities with 3 & 5 year old

NettieNolan

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
First time cruiser, taking the kids on the Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean with stops at St. Thomas, St. Maarten and CC in May. We plan to just hang out on the beach at CC, but I'd like advice on what to do with the kids (aged 3 & 5) in St. Thomas & St. Maarten. What excursions/activities did your little ones enjoy? Did you book an excursion through Disney or do something else? I'm completely open to any suggestions!
Thanks!

On St. Thomas, we did Coral World paired with an afternoon at Coki Beach (which is literally right next door). Not sure about Coral World's status after the hurricane destruction, but it was great for our kids and the beach was fantastic. Take some cash as you'll be able to purchase snacks/drinks there and also rent an umbrella and/or lounger. Great fun, the two of them.

We've been to St Maarten twice (once on our own and once on DCL cruise) and loved the butterfly farm there (we went there on both trips!) - it's like a greenhouse garden with TONS of tropical flowers and beautiful butterflies in many different varieties all around, and they had a guide person explaining stages of the butterfly's life cycle. I would highly recommend it for kids and for photographers.

That was before the devastating hurricanes last year though, so check on current condition first if you want to book a tour.

In Saint Thomas, we did not get off the boat and our six and two-year-old spent the day in the pools with just a few other families with young children who were staying on the ship as we were. Any of the other days, it was too crowded for my little ones to enjoy the pools.

St. Thomas, go to Magen's Bay, it's a beach with shallow entry and no waves, perfect for your age kids. You can book an excursion through Disney or just take a taxi/van when you get off the boat. They will be lined up.

St. Thomas, go to Magen's Bay, it's a beach with shallow entry and no waves, perfect for your age kids. You can book an excursion through Disney or just take a taxi/van when you get off the boat. They will be lined up.

The neat thing about the taxis is that if you tell them what time you want to be picked up, they're usually there right on the dot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter