Easter - Catholic Mass

marymrg

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there will be a Catholic Mass at the Contemporary on Easter Sunday? I know the weekly Masses have been cancelled at the Poly. Thanks.

I believe I have read that they will be offering Easter Sunday mass a the Contemporary in the Ballroom. I'd suggest calling mary Queen of teh Universe Shrine directly at 407-239-6600 to see if they are planning on sending a priest and volunteers. If not, the Shrine is a quick cab ride away, and is very beautiful.

Anne

Originally posted by marymrg
Does anyone know if there will be a Catholic Mass at the Contemporary on Easter Sunday? I know the weekly Masses have been cancelled at the Poly. Thanks.

Hi Marymrg,

I too was wondering the same. I just got off the phone with a cast member from Contemporary. She said that at this point, nothing was planned. However, she said, they did do something for Christmas, so she anticipates something for Easter as well.

Again, this was from a cm at the front desk, so who knows. She said to call back in a few weeks and they'll have a better idea.

Liz

We usually go to the Shrine and will have a rental car but I was just considering all of the options we'll have that day. We'll be leaving WDW on Easter to drive to Vero but am not sure when we will actually "hit the road". We're not in a super rush to get there since our room might not be ready until 4. I will call or email the shrine and post back if I have an update!

I just called the Shrine and they said they will probably have a Mass at the Contemporary but haven't heard yet from Disney. Their Masstimes at the Shrine for Easter Sunday will be 7:30, 9:30, 11:30 and 6:00.

I will call back in a month or so if there isn't an update.

Shrine Link

Here's the link to the Shrine's web page. Last year they posted the WDW Masses for Easter. They never did post them for Christmas. So, it's a toss up whether you'll get up to date info from the site. However, it does give the Shrine Mass times and directions to the Shrine. It's really very close to DD and the Crossroads Shopping Center (and right next to the new Premium Outlets).

We were there over Christmas. Checked into BCV on 12/22 and didn't hear about the mass at CR. We moved to the GF on 12/24 and there was a note in our rooms about the mass at CR the next day! We changed our plans and went to that mass. My point is I don't think they are giving a lot of notice or perhaps they just gave notice to monorail resorts??? Not sure which.

It seems as if they haven't set a policy about what to do for Christmas and Easter. Since this is the second Easter since they stopped Mass at the Poly maybe they'll make a final decision to "go or no go" at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter