East or West? Booked but still don't know where we're going...

Cheerio

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :welcome:This is my first PTR, but certainly not my first rodeo. We have been on 3 Disney cruises, you may want to stop reading, scroll down and read those trip reports before you begin.

Disney Magic 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49815095
Disney Fantasy 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3240675
Disney Fantasy 2016 - http://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-western-feb-6th-13th-16-feat-swdas.3484719/

Done? Great. So now that you know who I am and a little about our family - you'll notice we are approaching 2018 which only means one thing - cruise time, my OCD loves that we cruise every even year! You may have even noticed that we have children in odd ones - except for the surprise princess :lovestruc

This may very well be our last family cruise for a while, the two bigger boys are moving on to post-secondary and with them all at different schools with different breaks, we will find it impossible to find time to be away together for quite a few years. So we plan to make this cruise our biggest and best yet.:worship:

Right before our cruise in 2014, is when they started the 'new rule' of cruising within 18mos of being on board. So we didn't put down money since we knew we wouldn't be cruising within that time frame. Not long after, DCL changed the rule back to 24mos, we were a little disappointed since we missed out on some credits. We decided that we would rebook on our cruise in 2016, so when they announced that you'd be able to put money down on a placeholder and not have to pick a dummy date we were sold. Plus 2018 was the year that both DH and I will turn 40 - why not start it off with a party!? pirate:

Post 2016 cruise, we did all the normal things other addicts do - start a trip report, scour boards for other peoples trip reports, print photos, maybe come back to update trip report, check DCL cruise app and determine it's moving too slow, wonder when DCL will announce winter 2018 cruises, count every other week into 2018 to see what weeks would be eastern or western cruises, talk to friends who also rebooked on board to see what they wanted to do, work on that dang trip report again promising you won't forget to finish it and then start praying to the Disney gods for a small sign of faith. Come on Disney, you have people waiting to throw money at you - come take it!! :crazy: We booked our 2016 cruise on opening day, my birthday October 29th 2014 :bday: so I knew we were getting close as fall 2016 approached to being able to book our next cruise.

Finally, on Oct 25th 2016 we got an email from our travel agent, letting us know about the upcoming dates and itineraries. We had already been on two westerns and one eastern, so we were looking to book an eastern (you know to have it even numbers and all...) February 10th it was.
Messages were sent to our crew, followed by an email to our TA to LOCK US IN! On my birthday :-)bday:, again!) we got our confirmation that we were booked, deposits paid. Back on the Fantasy in T-469 days to go.

Next up, car, train or plane... how do we get to the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!