Easiest way from Pop to Boardwalk

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is a silly question. DH and I have preschoolers and always stay in MK area. This is our first adults only getaway and I’m not too familiar with Epcot area at all! If we arrive at Pop Century around 8pm and want to check out the Boardwalk what’s best way to get there? We’ll have a car but can we park at BWI? The gondolas confuse me a little. Thanks for any help!

I would say the easiest way is a chauffeured car such as Lyft. No worries about parking, no bother parking and fetching a car particularly if it is raining.

Best? There is a heat wave where I am as I type this and I will not be in an air conditioned Victorian styled high ceilinged library where cookies and tea would be served so I will wisely stay away from that highly controversial question.

Practically all of the time you can park at Boardwalk to have dinner there, visit the resort, attend a wedding or other event there, etc.

If, say, you are also going to Epcot you will need to arrive at BW to park about just in time for your BW activity and to drive out of the BW area perhaps to Epcot's or Hollywood Studio's lot when you are finished with activity at BW.

However you may use valet parking and arrive any time and leave your car there all day unless the valet tells you otherwise when you drive up to him/her. (Resort valet parking also allows hopping among other resort valet lots all day ).

There are some busy time and dates where you would not be able to park yourself at BW unless you have a specific reservation for something such as a meal there. Like theme parks when they stop admitting guests due to crowding, the parking lot guard may apply different rules during busy times. Frequently, free parking at a resort is expressed in terms of a 3 hour limit.

Gondolas are expected to begin operation at the end of September 2019. The general rule is that when you board you will get off at the next stop. From Pop Century you would get off at Caribbean Beach where you can transfer to your choice of the Epcot or Hollywood Studios gondolas. (The exception is Riviera resort where, if you arrive there you remain on board the gondola if your destination is further on. Riviera station is expected to open in December 2019, when that resort opens.)

Last edited:
Not sure what you want to do at the BoardWalk. There are restaurants. There is a gift shop. Sometimes there are entertainers, such as a magician. There is a piano bar. That's about it. If you are tired from travelling, I'm not sure it would be worth expending additional energy to get there.

I love staying in the BoardWalk area, but I would not make a special trip there to check it out, particularly on arrival day, and especially if I didn't arrive at my hotel until 8:00 pm.

Thanks for the replies! I guess I should clarify, we’re going in November and have heard of how fun the Boardwalk area is so I thought we’d check it out, grab a drink and do some shopping after checking In to Pop. We aren’t doing any parks since we don’t arrive until 8pm. I really wanted to go to be able to grab a snack, a drink and see some fireworks. Wondering if maybe I should do another area for fireworks viewing then.

The easiest way will be Uber or Lyft. Next easiest would be driving yourself and yes, you can park there (assuming the lot isn't full). But honestly, as others have said, I don't think I'd make a special trip to the Boardwalk that late on arrival day.

Thanks for the replies! I guess I should clarify, we’re going in November and have heard of how fun the Boardwalk area is so I thought we’d check it out, grab a drink and do some shopping after checking In to Pop. We aren’t doing any parks since we don’t arrive until 8pm. I really wanted to go to be able to grab a snack, a drink and see some fireworks. Wondering if maybe I should do another area for fireworks viewing then.
Just ride the Gondolas to the International Gateway. That’s a wonderful idea for arrival night, it should take you 25 minutes.

If the Skyliner is running, and will be running late enough to make the trip both ways, I might make the trip just to experience the Skyliner to IG at night. Total travel time should be around 20 minutes each way. No worries about having a couple of drinks and driving home. It'll be about a 5 minute walk from the Skyliner station to BW.

I'm not a drinker, but I've heard the magic-themed bar on the BW is a fun place to stop at.

Just ride the Gondolas to the International Gateway. That’s a wonderful idea for arrival night, it should take you 25 minutes.

You'll have to transfer at the CBR station, but it should still be the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!