Easiest character meal from POFQ?

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
What resort breakfast character meal is the easiest/fastest to get to from POFQ? Thinking about going to one on departure day but don’t want it to be too complicated. Would rather avoid a Minnie van because we are using one a couple times for other reasons and want to keep cost down.

Take the bus to Magic Kingdom and then monorail over to either Ohana breakfast or 1900 Park Fare. We have done FQ several times and that's what we did.

All the resort character meals have their own difficulties regarding transportation. My gut says that the easiest one is going to be chef mickeys (but that's probably the least desirable).

Any of the MK hotels would be easy(ish) to get to...especially if you don't need something before park opening.

We’ve stayed at POR in the past and decided character bfast on departure day as well. My family always enjoys Cape May Cafe Bfast at Beach Club. We boarded bus to HS and then took boat to Yacht and Beach Club resort. Cape May Cafe is on 1st floor inside Beach Club Resort. My daughter enjoyed playing on the “beach” afterwards.

You could do 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian or Ohana at the Poly. Both would involve taking the MK bus and then hopping onto the Monorail to those resorts. This wouldn't involve a ton of walking or waiting around for Disney Transportation. You could do Bon Voyage too by taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and then taking the boat or walking over to the Boardwalk--but this would take more time than the MK resort options.

I agree with Ohana, plus I'm a big lilo and stitch fan. We go there almost every trip and I will say tho if you don't have a reservation early plan on them being a little behind. I always really like Cape May breakfast but I'm not sure if its the most feasible with what you're looking for.

I'll just add that any "arrive by bus at MK" scenario, then "hop on monorail (or boat)" to resort XYZ has you going thru security at MK to transfer coming & going so add 30+ minutes for security lines to your agenda.
MK is not a preferred transfer point unless you're specifically after said monorail/boat ride & you've got plenty of time for waiting in security lines. There's no security issues at MK if you arrive by bus & transfer to another bus.
Happy planning!

I'll just add that any "arrive by bus at MK" scenario, then "hop on monorail (or boat)" to resort XYZ has you going thru security at MK to transfer coming & going so add 30+ minutes for security lines to your agenda. Happy planning!

I've never had security lines at MK take 30 min. I don't think I've ever been in them more than 5 minutes, ESPECIALLY if you're going in the "no bag" line. If they're just going for a breakfast in theory there wouldn't be a bunch of bags to check like you were going into the park all day. Should just be a quick security check then on your way, monorail shouldn't be crowded so I wouldn't imagine a line for that since they'd be traveling away from MK rather than to it like most of the crowd.

I've never had security lines at MK take 30 min. I don't think I've ever been in them more than 5 minutes, ESPECIALLY if you're going in the "no bag" line. If they're just going for a breakfast in theory there wouldn't be a bunch of bags to check like you were going into the park all day. Should just be a quick security check then on your way, monorail shouldn't be crowded so I wouldn't imagine a line for that since they'd be traveling away from MK rather than to it like most of the crowd.

I was allowing 15 min. coming and 15 going...I think that's fair. Consider it a blessing if its less.

I was allowing 15 min. coming and 15 going...I think that's fair. Consider it a blessing if its less.

Oh sorry I read it wrong. I thought you meant 30 min standing in line alone for security, I was like woah where are you going with this massive line! 30 min for the whole monorail/security travel is a totally reasonable and fair estimate.

What resort breakfast character meal is the easiest/fastest to get to from POFQ? Thinking about going to one on departure day but don’t want it to be too complicated. Would rather avoid a Minnie van because we are using one a couple times for other reasons and want to keep cost down.

The easy answer would be one at Disney springs...but no can do. Depending on what day your looking at, I'd check into the Disney Spring Area Resorts, they have their own website & I believe some offer weekend character breakfasts, that would be a boat ride to DS (double check start times), then its an easy walk to those resorts from DS. Also, I'd check Swan/Dolphin (also separate website), I believe they have weekend character breakfasts that are first boat stop from HS.

Also, I'd check Swan/Dolphin (also separate website), I believe they have weekend character breakfasts that are first boat stop from HS.
The Garden Grove at the Swan has a character breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays and a character dinner every evening.

Covington Mills at the Disney Springs Hilton has a character breakfast on Sundays.

The easy answer would be one at Disney springs...but no can do. Depending on what day your looking at, I'd check into the Disney Spring Area Resorts, they have their own website & I believe some offer weekend character breakfasts, that would be a boat ride to DS (double check start times), then its an easy walk to those resorts from DS. Also, I'd check Swan/Dolphin (also separate website), I believe they have weekend character breakfasts that are first boat stop from HS.
DS Boats from POFQ don't start until 10:00am though the buses run earlier but not much is open so they may not run as frequently as the park buses. If you are using Disney transportation I agree that the MK resorts are the better options.

Cape May at the beach club. I would use uber. We did from pofq and it was fast and very inexpensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter