Early Morning ...or not...

ash-n-brensmom

DIS Veteran
You guys have been so helpful to this WDW vet...I'm asking for more help!
My tickets come with an early entry. Is it worth it? Should I avoid these days? I'm traveling solo, only me to wake up and get out to RD in the AM. So my only concern is if it's really worth it. Does is significantly impact crowd numbers?
Thanks in advance for any info!

I think it depends on what time the park opens. early entry on days when DL opens at 8am (so a 7am early entry) is pretty great because most people don’t want to drag themselves out that early. If the park opens at 9 or 10am, more people will show up for the early entry.

I believe it is worth it but it's more worth it the earlier the park opens the day you use it. For example we have seen a huge difference in the amount we get done when the MM is at 7AM for an 8AM park opening compared to when MM is at 9AM for a 10AM park opening. More people are able to get their ducks in a row and waddle them off to the gate for 9AM than 7AM it seems!

So if it's a 7am EMM and we arrive around 6:45 what time would we actually make it into the park?

Our experience with a 7AM magic morning at Disneyland is that they open the gates at 7AM and off you go. I would say you'd be in the park shortly after opening if you are at the gates at 6:45 which removes the unknown being security timing.

it is worth it if you tend to like that new car smell.....morning Disneyland is fresh....but if you don't favor freshness in your life... then skip the morning, you won't miss anything. and your ticket may allow you enter 15 mins before the hour is over and you will be set to follow your day plan.

I always think its worth it because of Fastpasses. The earlier your scanned in the earlier you can make selections and start stacking for the day.

We always do a ton during that time. My advice to you tho is skip Peter Pan.

Early mornings are great. We did a 7am on our last trip and got to the gates at 630 or so and were first in line at one of the gates. There was a lovely lady there who gave my son a pin when she saw his empty lanyard. My son then gave her bubbles as a thank you. The CM at the gate saw the exchange and picked us along with the woman’s family to open the park. It was a lot of fun and we got some great photos. We rode everything except Peter Pan. I got amazing photos of an empty Fantasyland while riding Dumbo.

I've not been to DL yet myself but I've been to a lot of different theme parks and I can say that early access is never a bad thing and you should always try to take advantage if you can. You'll probably find you'll be able to make a good dent in the list of things you want to do in the parks before it even starts and get yourself in a good position for the day before the crowds start to arrive.

In terms of hitting lots of attractions with short waits, it is wonderful. But I'm not a morning person--I'd rather close the park down at midnight, sleep in the next day, have a relaxing breakfast, and then get to the parks mid-morning (or later). I don't know how long your trip is, but I would recommend a mix--hit magic morning once or twice, and relax a bit too!

In terms of hitting lots of attractions with short waits, it is wonderful. But I'm not a morning person--I'd rather close the park down at midnight, sleep in the next day, have a relaxing breakfast, and then get to the parks mid-morning (or later). I don't know how long your trip is, but I would recommend a mix--hit magic morning once or twice, and relax a bit too!

I have a three day base ticket. But I'll be there for 5 nights. I think I'll do exactly what you said, do one early entry, relax a day and do a lazy park day...there's time for both.

I always think its worth it because of Fastpasses. The earlier your scanned in the earlier you can make selections and start stacking for the day.

We always do a ton during that time. My advice to you tho is skip Peter Pan.

Yeah I keep seeing that advice about Peter Pan. There is another active thread about that right now, actually. It's a different way of park touring in DL than WDW I'm finding. This won't be my very first trip to DL, but I am definitely a WDW vet. I'm glad these forums are here for us to figure this all out! I remember finding the disboards when I was planning our first family trip in 2008...things have changed a lot since then, but the need for a plan has not!

Yeah I keep seeing that advice about Peter Pan. There is another active thread about that right now, actually. It's a different way of park touring in DL than WDW I'm finding. This won't be my very first trip to DL, but I am definitely a WDW vet. I'm glad these forums are here for us to figure this all out! I remember finding the disboards when I was planning our first family trip in 2008...things have changed a lot since then, but the need for a plan has not!

If you are a WDW vet then you can skip PP and not miss much. The ride is very similar, the queue is much better at WDW. By skipping PP, you can easily hit most of Fantasyland twice-maybe once for Alice. Or as others suggest, hit Space Mountain and Star Tours multiple times.

If you are a WDW vet then you can skip PP and not miss much. The ride is very similar, the queue is much better at WDW. By skipping PP, you can easily hit most of Fantasyland twice-maybe once for Alice. Or as others suggest, hit Space Mountain and Star Tours multiple times.

For shame! You can NEVER skip PP!!! Lol
I agree that it's a better queue in WDW, but it's just such a classic. :tinker:

We get more done in the morning than any other time! I couldn’t imagine not going at opening time personally, but everyone’s different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter