Early Morning Magic (EMM) - Fantasyland WATCH for Jan.-Mar. 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked for Jan. 9th. We are staying offsite...anyone know how we will get to Magic Kingdom that early? Heard conflicting reports on if the ferry or monorail is running that early if we drive and park there. Don't want to pay the extra $$ and then be ;ate because we can't figure out how to get in.

The ferry starts every day around 6:30ish, so that’s your rock solid option. In the rare event there is bad weather at that hour, there would be busses from TTC to MK. But if the weather is that bad, you have EMM issues anyway. :-)

Monorail hours have ‘typically’ been starting at 7AM lately, but that is not always the case so you have to pay attention to the weekly Times Guide for the dates you are there. This website usually posts it as well, it’s worth a bookmark: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Hope that helps.

4/14-4/22 for us.

A little nervous that two weeks after Easter, Sun/Tue/Thu, April 8th,10th,12th showing no 7:45-9 ticketed event on MK park hours on MDE.

Annoyingly have to make ADRs tommorrow for our week without knowing if EMM is likely our week.

Any predictions for the second half of April, specifically Sun 4/15.

4/14-4/22 for us.

A little nervous that two weeks after Easter, Sun/Tue/Thu, April 8th,10th,12th showing no 7:45-9 ticketed event on MK park hours on MDE.

Annoyingly have to make ADRs tommorrow for our week without knowing if EMM is likely our week.

Any predictions for the second half of April, specifically Sun 4/15.

Well, unfortunately with Disney, past performance is not always indicative of future results, and just when you think you spot an EMM pattern, they change things up!

But I’ll give it a shot...

For reference, there was only one April EMM date in 2017 - 4/25/2017. But there was also only one March date as well (in 2018 there are 5). I’m highly confident you won’t see any EMMs around Easter week (first week of April)... I think the rest of the month could be fair game, but just total speculation on my part.

Good luck!

Based on March, I'm guessing/hoping they'll restart for 4/15. Crowd levels this week would not seem to support regular 8am MK openings, but maybe I'm wrong and end of the week Star Wars marathon coupled with some Northeast spring breaks are driving up crowds more than anticipated.

4/14-4/22 for us.

I had to do that (and suspect that most of us who have signed up for EMM also did). Don't let it worry you. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I developed a park/touring plan with EMM and without. I used Excel to sort my ADRs for Plan A or Plan B (and by booking priority). I planned our MK days as either Sun or Tues (preferred Sun but last year it seemed that EMM was offered on Tues/Thurs sometimes). Yes, I was one of those people who booked two BOG PPO reservations, knowing I would release one. Felt a little bad about that, but I couldn't see any way around it given how Disney makes things complicated. I did immediately release all my Plan B (w/o EMM) reservations.

Good luck tomorrow morning!

Last edited:
Does Disney ever add EMM to the schedule? We’re there the second week of March when there are currently none. Should I keep checking or give it up?

The ferry starts every day around 6:30ish, so that’s your rock solid option. In the rare event there is bad weather at that hour, there would be busses from TTC to MK. But if the weather is that bad, you have EMM issues anyway. :-)

Monorail hours have ‘typically’ been starting at 7AM lately, but that is not always the case so you have to pay attention to the weekly Times Guide for the dates you are there. This website usually posts it as well, it’s worth a bookmark: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the link. I did bookmark it to look at later. I saw where it listed the monorail on it but didn't see the ferry listed. Is it always running at 6:30am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!