Early Morning Magic (EMM) - Fantasyland WATCH for Jan.-Mar. 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaBlue99

Mouseketeer
I am starting a separate thread for those of us who are waiting, wishing, hoping that Early Morning Magic (EMM) will be offered for dates in late January through early March 2018!

Here is what we know so far:

- There are no official dates on the calendar for EMM past October 2017.
- It's looking unlikely that EMM will be offered during the 2017-18 holiday season.
- As of today, the daily calendar for Magic Kingdom shows a ticketed event from 7:45 - 9 a.m on certain Sundays and Tuesdays in late January through early March. There is speculation that this might (fingers crossed!) indicate that EMM will be offered on those dates.

As everyone knows too well, Disney loves to change park hours and event offerings at the last minute. So, there's no counting on EMM being offered, but we can all hope!

Any corrections or additions to this?

Our quick trip is in late March (23-27) and it looks like EMM is scheduled on the 25th also. Fingers crossed!!

Since I'm a nerd, I put together a side-by-side comparison of 2017 EMM dates and the **possible** 2018 dates if one is to believe what the MK park hours suggest (obviously not a totally reliable source these days)

I am pretty sure I have the 2017 dates correct (checked lots of old posts, sites, etc) but if anyone thinks I'm off here, let me know.

EMM Dates.png

As for 2018, the date pattern seems to make 'some' sense to me, generally speaking, when you consider some of the extracurricular events during this time period:

1/7/2018 - WDW Marathon (no EMM that Sunday)
1/13-15/2018 - MLK Day Weekend (no EMM that Sunday)
1/28/2018 - NFL Pro Bowl (there is a possible EMM day but not the Tuesday after for some reason)
2/17-19/2018 - President's Day Weekend (no EMM that Sunday)
2/25/2018 - Princess Half Marathon (no EMM that Sunday)
4/1/2018 - Easter

***If*** the above is correct, I guess Disney thinks they can offer this quite a bit more during Jan-March than they did this year.

Obviously all just amateur speculation on my part.

How far in advance were you able to book this year? Do they usually sell out quickly?

I'm in!

I'm hoping that Jan 21 happens! Will be a GREAT departure day for my Disney After Hours trip...

I would expect Jan dates to post on (or around) Nov 1. If not... Another telling sign will be what happens to the EMM website when the remaining published dates (October) are over...

Did they offer this over Easter last year? Any thoughts if it will be available around Easter this year?

How far in advance were you able to book this year? Do they usually sell out quickly?

The advanced booking is sporadic and annoying as heck. They tend to post them in batches, sometimes quarterly.

It doesn't usually sell out far in advance. But you need to book 1-2 weeks before hand to be safe. Usually... but as with all Disney, your mileage will vary.

Did they offer this over Easter last year? Any thoughts if it will be available around Easter this year?

Nope. And nope.

They generally avoid holidays. Because the more crowds, the more hours... And EMM requires a 9am regular park open for MK.

Nope. And nope.

They generally avoid holidays. Because the more crowds, the more hours... And EMM requires a 9am regular park open for MK.
That is what I figured, just wanted to make sure. Park hours are currently listed as 9 am for that time period, but I am hoping that is wrong and they open earlier. Thanks

That is what I figured, just wanted to make sure. Park hours are currently listed as 9 am for that time period, but I am hoping that is wrong and they open earlier. Thanks

It will probably open earlier on easter week. Unfortunately, posted park hours should be considered tentative until the week before.

I'm hoping for January 9th. That will be the last day of our trip. Fingers crossed!

This is great! I'm hoping for 3/4. I'm doing all we can to minimize crowds and lines. I've got a PPO BOG reserved as a back-up but EMM would be so much better. 7DMT, Peter Pan Flight, then Haunted Mansion (maybe BTMRR instead if we are feeling chippy) right at rope drop before heading back to enjoy breakfast sounds pretty nice.

Same here with a PPO BOG ressie. Hoping for EMM or a 9 am opening on 3/25!! Just as long as opening time doesn’t change to 8 and no EMM...Oh the suspense :crazy:

We're there March 9 (right AFTER UGH!) to the 14, so I'm desperately wishin' & hopin' & thinkin' & prayin' they'll add Tues March 13. My daughter wants to do this SO badly!

I'm really hoping for Sun, March 4. We arrive on March 3 and I can't think of a better way to start our first park day!

Would the park open to all at 9 am on these days? Just asking because it mentions the event goes until 10 am. I don't think I'll be paying $350 for my family of 5 for breakfast and *3* rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter