Early Magic Hours Question

Just an FYI,they usually only scan one MagicBand per "group" for both AM EMH entry at the front of the Park before the tapstiles and at the attraction entrances for PM EMH.

That being said,it would be "cheating the system" to have someone in the "group" who is not eligible.:)

I have a feeling whatever CM was not scanning magic bands or cards for AM EMH entrance is no longer working at Disney.

You have to scan to enter the park. They can just allow one scan per group and the rest bypass the tapstiles and not scan entrance into a park

I have a feeling whatever CM was not scanning magic bands or cards for AM EMH entrance is no longer working at Disney.

You have to scan to enter the park. They can just allow one scan per group and the rest bypass the tapstiles and not scan entrance into a park
For AM EMH,there are usually CMs stationed BEFORE the tapstiles and they will scan the MagicBands there for AM EMH eligibility(Non-WDW Resort AM EMH eligible Guests(Swan/Dolphin,etc. will show their respective room cards here) and THEN Guests proceed to the tapstiles and wait for AM EMH Park Open.

Then at Park Open EVERYBODY scans their MagicBand at the tapstiles.

The "Pre-ChecK" for AM EMH and the attraction entrances for PM EMH are where they usually tell us they only need to verify one MagicBand "per group" for AM EMH Resort status.

OF COURSE,everybody has to have valid Media to go through the turnstiles after the Pre-check-The Mouse would run out of cheese QUICK if that wasn't the case!lol:)

Last edited:
For AM EMH,there are usually CMs stationed BEFORE the tapstiles and they will scan the MagicBands there for AM EMH eligibility(Non-WDW Resort AM EMH eligible Guests(Swan/Dolphin,etc. will show their respective room cards here) and THEN Guests proceed to the tapstiles and wait for AM EMH Park Open.

Then at Park Open EVERYBODY scans their MagicBand at the tapstiles.

The "Pre-ChecK" for AM EMH and the attraction entrances for PM EMH are where they usually tell us they only need to verify one MagicBand "per group" for AM EMH Resort status.

OF COURSE,everybody has to have valid Media to go through the turnstiles after the Pre-check-The Mouse would run out of cheese QUICK if that wasn't the case!lol:)

Yes that would be fine. Because then when you step up for am emh to enter the park, if you're not on site then the mickey head will flash blue.

The one check per group prior to park entrance makes sense

Here is an old picture of the AM EMH Pre-check CMs at DHS.:)

This is the point where the CMs usually tell us they only need to scan one MagicBand to verify AM EMH eligibility for our whole group.

We then proceed to the tapstiles,where,of course,at AM EMH Park Open we ALL have to scan our MagicBands to verify valid admission media.:)

One note-the AM EMH Pre-screen for Magic Kingdom is done at TTC.

There is no Pre-screen at the MK Maingate because it is assumed all Guests reaching that point have been Pre-screened at TTC and allowed to proceed to MK or have arrived at the Maingate via Resort Bus,Boat or Monorail from a WDW Resort(or by FOOT from CR!lol).:)

14594184298_2d21b1e4db_c.jpg

Yes that would be fine. Because then when you step up for am emh to enter the park, if you're not on site then the mickey head will flash blue.
Sorry, but that is just not how the actual entrance (ticket) scanners are programmed.
They do not differentiate "on-site" vs "off-site."

That's why they have special CMs with hand-scanners to pre-check "on-site" vs "off-site"
before the guests get to the actual entrance (ticket) scanners.

I only remember once where they did the scanning one per group. It was an AM EMH at DAK. They did the "group scan" outside. You then all went through the turnstiles and of course everyone had to do the turnstiles. Then before you left that little area right in front of the main gate they scanned everyone again. I thought of it sort of like outside was to catch the people who were confused. Inside was to catch the people who were cheating.:D

Sorry, but that is just not how the actual entrance (ticket) scanners are programmed.
They do not differentiate "on-site" vs "off-site."

That's why they have special CMs with hand-scanners to pre-check "on-site" vs "off-site"
before the guests get to the actual entrance (ticket) scanners.

Then this must've changed in the last few years I guess. The last time I did AM emh was probably about 4-5 years ago and there was no check prior to scanning park entrance.

Wife and I scanned and it showed up blue. CM asked if we were staying on site and I said yes but we haven't checked in yet (prior to early online check in or I didn't know about it at the time). I pulled up my hotel reservation email on my phone and and she confirmed we were on site then let us in.

I never knew it changed or its a different process now, but good to know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter