Early magic hours or rope drop?

Davey Jones II

DIS Veteran
So we are planning to do an EMH at MK, but I haven`t decided if we should also do some EMH mornings at other parks, or just do rope drop (at non-EMH parks) those mornings? Besides the Magic Kingdom, which Early Magic Hours would you recommend (if any?). We are not planning to stay all day after EMH, just `til noon at the MK. Thanks!

So we are planning to do an EMH at MK, but I haven`t decided if we should also do some EMH mornings at other parks, or just do rope drop (at non-EMH parks) those mornings? Besides the Magic Kingdom, which Early Magic Hours would you recommend (if any?). We are not planning to stay all day after EMH, just `til noon at the MK. Thanks!

You have to ask yourself, what do you have specifically planned in the parks for whatever day that is. I know that when my son and I go in June, the only EMH available that I'm interested in is the AK. It's that Sunday and Monday. So that means it'll be RD for us on EPCOT and MK. I have our park days all planned out. We'll do AK on our arrival day as we're leaving Sunday morning at 4:30am which will put us into Disney around 11:30 their time. We'll eat lunch at the resort and then head into AK around 12:30. I plan on making my FP for the Safari and Kali River between 1 and 3. Those are the ONLY rides I'm really interested in. I enjoy just walking around AK and meeting the characters and seeing the animals. Monday is our MK day, Tuesday EPCOT, and Wednesday is MK again. My son is an early bird anyway. He's up at 5am to get ready for school Mon-Fri so it'll be nothing to ask him to wake up at around 6am so we can be at RD for whatever park we're going to.

You see that I chose AK on our arrival day as that's the park I don't really have to spend a lot of time in because there are only about 2 rides I really enjoy doing. It's the character meet and greets that my son and I enjoy at AK and we'll be doing lots of those. Figure out what you want to do in each park and base doing RD on that. I know that in EPCOT RD is almost a must. TT, FEA, and Soarin require it as all 3 of those are Tier 1 rides. We're going to RD TT in hopes it doesn't "break down" first thing in the AM and then walk over to Norway for FEA. This was suggested to me by another poster who does this themselves when they go. They suggested I get my FP for Soarin because it's a ways from FEA and TT and I won't feel rushed trying to get to it if I make a 9:30 FP. MK doesn't tier their rides, so a RD is only necessary so you can knock out a few rides before the REAL crowds get there. If I remember correctly when we went 3 years ago, we knocked out about 4 or 5 rides within the first hour before I even had a FP to think about. AK as well as HS tier their rides, so again base your RD on what rides you MUST do. HS isn't my thing anymore. I haven't been in that park since 2000. :rolleyes1

If your park days work out on EMH days, then go for it! Unfortunately, the time I'm going and the days I chose to do the parks, it doesn't work out for son and I. I hope I've helped! GOOD LUCK! :P :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts