Early entry or not

Steve Dixon

Drink Up Me Hearties
Traveling 3.14 to 3.17.19
We have always been big fans of early entry in the past but I have heard that currently it is a better idea to do rope drop at the opposite park instead. Thoughts?

Also. Arriving to DLR 3.14 and hopefully in the parks by 1100am. Any thoughts about which park to hit first? Also is MP worth paying for on days you get a late start?

Doing RD at the park which doesn't have early entry is the trick for those who don't have early entry. For those who do have early entry, we usually advise using those early entry privileges. The earlier the entry the better, so a 7 am EE/EMH/MM is better than a 9 am EE/EMH/MM. And EE/EMH at DCA is more profitable because it is only available to on site guests, unlike the EMH/MM at DL which is shared by on site guests and anyone else with a 3 day+ ticket.
As for MP on your arrival day, start checking the app for FP availability and return times before you enter the parks. Keep checking as you enter. If you see good/decent availability for rides you want, go ahead and purchase MP. If you have your tickets scanned in and a credit card already on file on the app, purchasing MP should only take a minute or so. Lately, FPs for RSR have been running out around noon -- so, in this example, if you entered the gates of either park by 11 am, you could still get FPs for a nighttime ride on RSR.

If you value MP and the ability to start booking FPs an hour before non-early entry guests can even enter the parks, then MM/EE/EMH might be that much more attractive to you.

Thanks everyone. But urgh I am now more confused of when to use my one EE on my park hopper. DL or DCA. No doubt that I will get MP though.

The park hopper early entry is only for DL, so problem solved! You have to be staying on prem for any early entry to DCA.

Thanks everyone. But urgh I am now more confused of when to use my one EE on my park hopper. DL or DCA. No doubt that I will get MP though.
PP is correct, 3+ day tickets come with a Magic Morning (MM), which is one hour early entry to DL only (FL and TL only) on a Tue., Thu. or Sat. (Early Entry (EE) for DCA is only for on site guests.) So use your MM and enjoy your extra hour in DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter