• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early entry/DCA

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
Does early entry apply to DCA as well, or just DL? We'll be there 10/13-10/15, and I believe EE days which apply to me are Thursday and Saturday, of which we'll be able to do both as we're staying at DLH (unless the policy changes by then). Just didn't know if DCA had early entry...

Thanks,
Kimberly

DCA does not have EE. Double check your ticket because I think you are only allowed 1 EE into Fantasyland. Unless you have the ToonTown Morning madness. Then you can enter there 1 hour early but it opens after DL opens.

No, DCA doesn't have EE, though the gates do generally open at 9:30 and Soarin' is open at that time. If you are staying at a DL hotel, then you get EE any day of your stay that it's offered.

How do you find out when it's being offered? We will be at DL between October 15-22 and are staying at DLH. Can we find out now or will we have to wait until we arrive?

Thanks,

Are you talking about the EE offer at the DLR hotels? There is no way of knowing, however, at this time we can assume that they will continue at least through the end of the year.

This perk is something that the hotels themselves decided to offer, separately from any room/package reservations.

anne930 said:
How do you find out when it's being offered? We will be at DL between October 15-22 and are staying at DLH. Can we find out now or will we have to wait until we arrive?
EE is on Mon, Tue, Thurs and Sat. You get one EE day on a three-day or more parkhopper bonus ticket. This allows you into DL one hour early, where they only have FantasyLand open and part of TommorrowLand. As an "experiment", DL has been allowing DLR hotel guests in for EE since July 18. There were rumors this "experiment" was going to end in September. You absolutely should not go to DL and stay at a DLR hotel expecting to get EE. Rather, be aware that they might offer it, and then use it if it is there.

One way you can confirm it is an experiment is that you will not find it on any DL website or anywhere written down. And many workers there do not know about it. And when they are allowing it, many people who stay at a DLR hotel never find out about it unless they ask.

FYI - DCA generally opens 30 mins before scheuduled opening. During this time sunshine plaza and soarin' are open.

Thanks for the information. We are debating whether to get an annual pass or get park hoppers, maybe 1 of each for the 2 of us - that way we could take advantage of the annual passholder benefits. We will be there for 6 days so there's not much cost difference - EE would be nice for 1 or 2 days, but we won't expect it. I read on another post that annual passholders couldn't do EE, even if they were staying on property. I don't understand that distinction, but maybe they will figure out what they want to do soon. If that's the case in October, 1 of us could do EE and the other couldn't - go figure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter