Early Entree Worth it?

tweetie

Mouseketeer
I have read a couple of different things here on the boards regarding early entree. We are going from April 9 - 15 and because it will be so crowded during this time is early entree worth it or should we go to a park that doesn't have it?

Thanks for any advice you can give on this.

I think its only worth it if you get to the ee park early and leave it early when it starts to get crowded. At that point go to a non ee park.

Ooops, I thought you were talking about the senior citizen special at Luby's. ;)

We always go for the Extra Magic Hour at the MK. There aren't as many attractions open at the other parks, though. If you want to get on ToT and RNRC, the EMH is the way to do it without spending a lot of time in line. Also, you can get on the Safari quickly with EMH.

We do the exact same thing as Deb...EE at MK (then leave by lunch-time) and sometimes at Epcot and MGM. And if we want to do the Safari at AK we do EE there.

When we made our debut trip to WDW in summer 2001, EE (now EMH) proved to be a distinct advantage. I think it was 90 minutes early as opposed to 1-hour. I remember just zipping from attraction to attraction at MK with no waits in those opening minutes--it was awesome.

Flash ahead to summer 2003 and EMH did just about zilcho for our family. The crush of people streaming to the EMH parks was all but overwhelming from the get-go. Any early magic was gone in a heartbeat--the lines swelled quickly.

To me, it is no longer worth missing an extra hour of sleep to get EMH. This year, we are vowing no EMH parks. I forget, though, should you go to parks the day BEFORE EMH or the day AFTER EMH?

I wonder if the crowds in EMH have swelled over the last few years because of the thousands of new rooms added with the All Star and Pop Century Resorts, as well as the vacation villas. The number of people staying "on-site" has mushroomed into a staggering quantity.

:D

I think it's worth it, especially at Magic Kingdom. Who wouldn't want an extra hour at any of the parks? When it starts to get really crowded in the early afternoon, go to another park or relax at your resort or hotel.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter