• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early entrance to park for ADR?

Andrea_loves_Disney

DIS Veteran
Hello there! :wave2: Need your thoughts....
If I have a 9 am reservation for Crystal Palace, do you think they would let us into the park at 8 am? I am actually hoping to hoping to get in early for our seating - just found out my daughter's band is marching in the 10 am parade and I can't get an earlier reservation. TIA!

Usually the only way they will let you into the park before the park opens is if you have a reservation for an earlier time. There is always a CM there with a clip board with the names and confirmation #s on it and if you are on that list, they will then let you go through. We have always gotten ADRs for Akershus in Epcot before the park opens and I am going to be making ADRs for our Sept. trip tomorrow and am planning on getting 8am ADRs for Crystal Palace because the park opens at 9am. But you never know what some sweet talking would do for you:rolleyes1

BTW...I thought that you were me at first, because my name is also Andrea and I live in the Chicagoland Area, and your name fits me to a tee (I love Disney too) :goodvibes J/K.

Thanks Andrea!! :goodvibes

I think we will just show up at 8 that day and smile and ask that CM with the clip board pretty pretty please ..:flower3: and then just wait until he/she lets us in! Can't hurt to ask!!

We leave a week from Sunday!! :yay: Can't wait!

I have always been so jealous of those with ADR to Crystal Palace before the park opens, but have been afraid to book it because I didn't know if we would be done with the meal at park open. With my family, being there when the rides open is a requirement! I am afraid we won't be seated immediately and would still be in there at 9. Anyone have experience with this?

If I have a 9 am reservation for Crystal Palace, do you think they would let us into the park at 8 am? I am actually hoping to hoping to get in early for our seating - just found out my daughter's band is marching in the 10 am parade and I can't get an earlier reservation. TIA!

I doubt they would let you in that early. A few years ago, DD and I had a 9:00 reservation at CRT. They told us to allow an hour for travel time to the park. I did as I was told, and ended up at the park a 1/2 hour before our ADR time. The CM gave me grief about us being too early, but finally said she'd let me in when I told her I wanted to rent a stroller before the ADR.

I have always been so jealous of those with ADR to Crystal Palace before the park opens, but have been afraid to book it because I didn't know if we would be done with the meal at park open. With my family, being there when the rides open is a requirement! I am afraid we won't be seated immediately and would still be in there at 9. Anyone have experience with this?

If you book the 8:05 time slot, which is the first possible, there shouldn't be any wait.

We've had early adr's at MK the last 2 years (once at CRT and once at CP.) Both times our adr's were for before 9am, but the CM's at the gate didn't know really. When we came in, both time, they asked if we had an early am adr, and I said yes, and the first time i started to get my confirm. # out, but both times; they just let us through without confirming anything. Just wanted to give my experience, so maybe you'll have some luck.

At CP and Tusker house we didn't have any problem being finished before park opening. CRT and Akerhus did take a little more time. We have 4 adrs for 8am on our upcoming trip. It is so nice getting in before park opening.

I just booked for the Crystal Palace at 8:20 in the morning. I am super excited about getting in before the park opens.

90 days away from my disney world vacation!

ALL STAR SPORTS 01, ALL STAR MOVIES 08, CARIBIAN BEACH 09 AND SOON TO COME POP CENTURY JUNE 2010

You'll be able to get in early, most likely, but probably not 8AM. They said to check in 20 minutes early, so maybe they will let you in 20 minutes. However, when we were there in Sept, we had an 8:10 reservation at CP, and they didn't check anything. They just waved us in, not sure if it was a fluke or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter