Early breakfast at MK - when can enter park?

PrincessBelle23

Mouseketeer
Hello! We've never attempted an early enough breakfast at MK to run close to the park opening. If your ADR is at 9am when MK opens, what time would they let you enter the park? Also, are guests held at the front of the park for rope drop? Wondering what the odds are of the coveted empty main street photo :)

Hello! We've never attempted an early enough breakfast at MK to run close to the park opening. If your ADR is at 9am when MK opens, what time would they let you enter the park? Also, are guests held at the front of the park for rope drop? Wondering what the odds are of the coveted empty main street photo :)

On regular hours days ALL guests are allowed to enter Main St. all the way to the castle starting at 8AM.
The Rope Drop Welcome show is now presented on the castle stage starting at 8:55AM.

So, if you have a 9AM breakfast reservation, you will be among thousands of other guests who will be standing near the castle.
You might get to head to the restaurant a bit early, but that all depends on the CMs you encounter that morning.

On regular hours days ALL guests are allowed to enter Main St. all the way to the castle starting at 8AM.
The Rope Drop Welcome show is now presented on the castle stage starting at 8:55AM.

So, if you have a 9AM breakfast reservation, you will be among thousands of other guests who will be standing near the castle.
You might get to head to the restaurant a bit early, but that all depends on the CMs you encounter that morning.

Aww man...
I have an 8am CRT reservation on a 9am park opening day....
I was hoping for some great empty park pictures, too. Boo.

Aww man...
I have an 8am CRT reservation on a 9am park opening day....
I was hoping for some great empty park pictures, too. Boo.

Assuming a 9AM park opening....

The PPO ADR folks (you, in this case) will be let in 7:45ish (key word, ish). I have seen it where the PPO ADR group is let in before non-PPO ADR guests (with the non-PPO ADR group let in closer to 8AM like mentioned above) and I’ve also seen it where both groups are let in at the same time, or very close together.

You can see variations of this on any given day, give or take, so stay nimble.

You will still be in a great position to get ‘relatively’ empty park pictures, but it’s not going to be totally empty.

Sometimes I have found if I let the initial wave of folks get through Main Street and off to wherever they are going, you have a small window with fewer people around. But again, this is highly variable on the day, the crowd, etc.

Good luck!

What’s the earliest reservation for CRT, and what is the most reliable transportation from Poly to get there nice and early?

What’s the earliest reservation for CRT, and what is the most reliable transportation from Poly to get there nice and early?

8AM.

Shuttle boat.
Route: MK>GF>Poly>MK>Repeat.

ShuttleBoat-GF-Poly_Bennett.jpg

Also, if the monorail is not yet running, they will have special buses to MK.

If your ADR is at 9am RD you'll be let into MK when everyone else is which is at about 7:45am.
You won't get an empty Main Street photo unless you're one of the first to be let it at that time.
Guests are held in front of the castle.
You likely would not be let any further than anyone else with a 9am ADR.
I'd never do a RD ADR because you lose the advantage of shorter wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter