Early Bird check-in

artinlife

Mouseketeer
If you get early bird check-in on Southwest do you have to print out your boarding pass?

You will have to do SOMETHING to retrieve your boarding pass, just like all other passengers. You can get it sent to your phone, print it out at home, or go to the desk at the airport and have it printed.

We print the first one at home, then get the one for the return trip at the airport.
We are old school and it is easier for us to have a printed boarding pass then fiddling with the phone while juggling our belongings at the gate.

We print the first one at home, then get the one for the return trip at the airport.
We are old school and it is easier for us to have a printed boarding pass then fiddling with the phone while juggling our belongings at the gate.

Fiddling and juggling at the gate! Talented. :)

My carryons have shoulder straps, and I just swipe from my BP to my son’s, easy peasy. I mean, let’s face it. I have my phone in my hand already lol. Why complicate things with papers? :):):)

We are old school and it is easier for us to have a printed boarding pass

Same here. Internet can be down and/or you phone may crash or battery run down while at the airport. Having a printed boarding pass is one less thing to go wrong.

You have to have something of a boarding pass to board the plane, whether you have early bird check in or not. All EB does is secure you a (hopefully) better boarding position than if you had waited until the 24 hour mark before your flight when everyone else can check in.

Whether you prefer to do that printed, or have it on the SW app on your phone, is up to you

You can also screen shot the boarding pass on your phone so it shows up as a photo and no further internet connection is required.
Always do this anyway. Once had issues and it took me a while to get the BP to show up on my phone again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter