Early Arrival; How Early is Too Early?

PennyInPink

Mouseketeer
We are driving down from northern Michigan. A nearly 24 hour trip. 5 adults, one van. I know this crew...nobody is going to sleep the night before, so I can imagine a 3am departure. What is the earliest we can get into the parking lot of All Star Movies? What about the front desk?

Thank you! So we can park, maybe take a few pics in the quiet morning. We are each packing a day bag with freshening up stuff that' easy to get to, because I know it will be likely we'll have to wait till afternoon to get into the rooms. We'll do Disney Springs and monorail touring later when things open up!

Just remember that checking in at 6 AM does not mean getting a room at 6 AM. You could get lucky and they have one or two that wasn't used the night before and is ready to go, but odds are you won't be getting in to your room until the afternoon. But as AngiTN said, no reason you can't get park the van whenever you get there.

EDIT: Looks like we posted at the same time, lol. But yes, sounds like you got it. Have a safe trip!

Yep, you can get in the parking lot, and enter the resort and lobby at any hour. Once the computers roll over at 6 AM you technically are a resort guest and get all benefits at that time. In some rare cases you can even get rooms that early. Never hurts to ask. When you complete online check in, you can inform them that you expect to arrive at 6 AM and if you want your room ready early as your first priority, check that box. If they can find a room, they'll do what they can do find you one. Or as early as they can. We've gotten rooms as early as 8:30 a few times. So you never know. Room or not, at 6 AM you are check in and can head out to do whatever it is you plan for the day.

You might get lucky and your room might be ready if you get there at 6 am! Ten years ago we went to WDW for Christmas and for scheduling reasons we had to take a red eye from California that arrived at 5:45 am. Got to our resort (POFQ) at about 6:30 exhausted and I had assumed/planned we'd have to get breakfast somewhere and then kill time until the parks opened while desperately trying to stay awake. To our utter shock and delight our room was ready when we arrived, and we all voted to go to the room and sleep as long as we wanted! It worked out great because we had tickets to MVMCP that night, and we got to the MK at around 3:00, refreshed and full of energy...and we were able to stay until the park closed with no trouble. :)

We live in Michigan now too (Northern LP)...moved here in August...and my hat is off to you for making that drive! Flights are sooo ridiculously expensive from Northern Michigan to MCO, right?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter