Early arrival at SSR

Coloradomom

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in early October , mid week, around 2:30 AM. Our first official “night” is that day. I know checkin is not until at least 4 PM though we have had times all across the board over the years, including a 5 Am check in. Any thought on if our studio might be available that early ? (No laughing please!)
If it is not, which I fully expect, our DD and her hubby will already be there in their studio and we can just use their sofa bed for the night.
What does everyone think? We atre in a standard studio.
Thanks!

The only way a room will be available for you at that time is if the resort is not at full occupancy and there is a Studio that was not reserved for that night. I honestly would not count on it. I would just book a room for the previous night. My son & I will be arriving at the Poly at about 11pm during our next trip and we have booked our room to include that night, even though, like you, my daughter & son-in-law will already be there in their room, I would not want to wake them & move in on them for the night.

If there is a studio available, you will pay for it. Points or cash depending on what they have.

Thanks for all the replies. We figure it is unlikely to get a room that early especially with studio occupancy being so high. We will just bunk with them for one night, hey they are staying on our points after all and l am sure we will all just go right to sleep anyway.

Will you have issues if they find out your sleeping in a room your not listed on? Idk how the whole dvc thing works with people on the reservation.

Will you have issues if they find out your sleeping in a room your not listed on? Idk how the whole dvc thing works with people on the reservation.
It works just like the rest of Disney. You must be on the reservation to spend the night.

I was actually thinking that there was no need to add us to the room as it is for such a short time, and we won’t even need a room key. Then I realized I will need to add us so we can take ME at 1 am where previously we would have been taking it at 11 am later that day. Thanks for helping me think this through!

With your name on the reservation you will have a magic band that should open the door. You can quietly sneak in that way and not cause too much of a disturbance. If they have a dining plan that could be a problem.

Update. I spoke with member services and while they changed our flight arrival to 1 Am from 11AM that same day, they suggested we NOT be added to our daughters room. We don’t have dining plan but the advisor with whom I spoke said they have had issues with Magic bands with such overlapping reservations. Since there are no occupancy issues he suggested just leaving it as is. No ME issues because we are still arriving the same day.

When I was visiting in July, I got a text at 8:30 am that my room was ready at SSR! I hadn't even left home yet!!! It was the earliest I had ever had it happen! Of course, a few days later, when I was going back to SSR (had visited a different resort with a friend in between), we didn't get that text until 3 pm. Hopefully, you will get lucky!!

When I was visiting in July, I got a text at 8:30 am that my room was ready at SSR! I hadn't even left home yet!!! It was the earliest I had ever had it happen! Of course, a few days later, when I was going back to SSR (had visited a different resort with a friend in between), we didn't get that text until 3 pm. Hopefully, you will get lucky!!
Was this because you requested an early check-in on both days? What are others' experiences with early check-in requests. Would love to know the experience of members at as many different resorts as possible.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!