Early April Trip With 3 Boys

TAZBOM

Earning My Ears
CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY TIPS REGARDING A TRIP FROM 4-6 TO 4-15 TO WDW WITH ME, WIFE AND 3 BOYS (13, 11, 7). IT WILL BE FIRST AND LIKELY ONLY TIME AS WE ARE COMING FROM CALIFORNIA. ARE STAYING AT PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE WITH RENTAL CAR. ANY IDEAS AS FAR AS HOW TO MAKE THE TRIP BETTER, MORE EFFICIENT, CHEAPER, ETC... WILL PROBABLY TRY EXTRA MAGIC HOURS. THINKING ABOUT GETTING 5 DAY PARK HOPPER. DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT FOR THE STAY. WILL PROBABLY GO TO SPACE CENTER AND HAVE A DAY OR TWO TO LOUNGE. ARE MY BOYS TO OLD FOR CHARACTER MEAL. THEY ARE REAL BOYS, BOYS. IF NOT, THEN WHERE. ANY OTHER IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. WE WILL BE THERE TO CELEBRATE MY WIFES 40TH BIRTHDAY. ANY IDEAS TO MAKE IT SPECIAL WILL BE APPRECIATED ALSO. THANK YOU. WE DON'T GET TO MAKE A TRIP LIKE THIS VERY OFTEN. ;) :bounce: :earseek:

Hmmmmmmmm . . .FIRST, WELCOME!!!:D

Now, for your wife's b-day . . .how bout if you take her to MK and go into Town Hall and get her a birthday badge to wear . . .Take her out to a nice dinner in World Showcase and watch illuminations together . . .

For the boys . . .I don't think 1 character breakfast would be bad, especially for the 7 year old . . .Chef Mickey's would be my first choice . . .We really enjoyed our character b-fast there . . .Fun atmosphere . . .

Besides going to Cape Canaveral, why not take the boys to Downtown Disney and go to DisneyQuest . . .its supposedly this really big arcade with all kinds of games . . .I've never gone there, but if you do a search of these boards, you'll most likely find out some info . . .

The days that you don't go to the parks I'm pretty sure you can rent paddle boats and stuff at Port Orleans . . .I think the boys would enjoy that . . .

Hope I helped a little . . .Have a GREAT time!

Did you check the resort boards for a discount on your room? My boys are 15, 12, 3 and 10 months. We last went in Sept and my 12 yr old loved Disney Quest. We went several times, they had lots of fun games there.
Since you are staying onsite you can get Ultimate parkhoppers or as they used to be called LOS (lengeth of stay). The are good for admission to everything: the parks, water parks, DisneyQuest and you can leave off the first and/or last day of stay if you like.
If you just want php check ticketmania or paramount international
they have good discounts on them.

ok heres my list of must do's for the family:

Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

Buzz Lightyear ride, drag them on if they say its for babies, theyll thank you.

ride alien encounter before you take your kids, even if the 7 year old is tall enough its max scare.

have burgers at pecos bills in MK.

skip chef mickeys, meet the gang at Garden Grille at epcot and get "rehitched" to your wife.

water parks!

breakfast at whispering canyon and spoodles.

get the kids passports for the world showcase.

For your wife's birthday you simply must email jane (jane@giftsofalifetime.com) and have her arrange an event for you. gold star husband points for this one.

Tazbom,
I too have boys. DS16 and DS13. I try to take them every year or two and they have a great time. My 13 year old begs to go every year.
Suggestions for cost savings. We stayed as All Stars last year. Have stayed at PO 7 years ago. Beautiful resort. The boys can rent small mouse boats, fish etc at the resort.
If they eat like my sons do the breakfast buffets are great. While expensive IMHO my kids eat big breakfasts so it is worth it and then we eat lighter for the rest of the day.
This year I am staying at ASMO in April 9-17. We will likely eat breakfast at the foodcourt. Very reasonable and my sons like the food selections.
I would recommend a 5 or 7 day Park Hopper. The water parks are well worth a visit if your boys like water parks. They are very elaborate and beautifully themed. Being able to hop from park to park is well worth it. THe Ultimate has to be purchased for each day of your staff and therefore is sometimes not worth the expense because most people don't go to a park the first and/or last day due to travel schedules.
My sons liked Disney Quest. It is similar to an ESPN Zone or Sony Playdium. Very large arcades with virtual reality games.
As for your wife a nice lunch or dinner at World Showcase restaraunt would be loved. I am always just thrilled to be at Disney and see the fun my kids are having. We don't usually spend a lot of time sitting down to eat. We are trying BOMA Buffet at the Animal Kingdom this year for dinner. THat will probably be the only time we do a sit down dinner.
Have a great trip!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter